Proximity chat

I feel like DBD should add proximity chat it would be a whole new experience to the game adding that the killer could also hear you would make it such an intense game

Comments

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Please no. I don't wanna hear how little Jimmy pleased my mom last night.

Seriously tho, I am not a fan of proximity chats. Even typed chat is a breeding place for toxic behavior.

• Any form of communication still creates opportunities to turn solos into something equivalent to a SWF. Someone running OoO could easily relay information to nearby teammates, making a feature that SWFs often abuse now commonplace, albeit to a somewhat more limited extent.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

No it wouldn't. It would make it a clown fiesta and add to toxicity. People will just use it to trashtalk the killer while they tbag and start cussing out teammates. It completely removes immersion

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 492

If you ever played Friday the 13th when it came out and joined a public lobby you'd know how garbage this feature would be. Semi good idea in theory, horrible in practice

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Yeah, really intense experience to get yelled at by 12 year olds with 5 Dollar-microphones.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Would disabloe it 100% of the time.

I don't want to listen to randos in my game with their pimple-faced voices polluting my audio waves.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Context menu for gestures, tagging waypoints, etc. is way better.

Proximity chat is foolish.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

As @MadLordJack put it,

Find a clip of someone saying transphobic, homophobic, bigoted racial slurs on constant loop.

Raise the pitch by 150%.

Play these on loop whenever you're within 10m of another player.

Add in some politically charged hate.

Congratulations you've got proximity chat.

• xxToken_420xx
    xxToken_420xx Member Posts: 2

😂😂 loved the feedback

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443

It would kill the game. It was meant to be a solo experience, swf breaks the game. I would refuse to play killer if this was introduced

• Clueless
    Clueless Member Posts: 340
    edited February 2021

I would like something similar to TF2's premade voice lines.

If you haven't seen it, I'll explain. You press a key to pull up the menu then press 1-9 for different voice lines to be played. It has a cooldown to prevent spamming also.

Each character could have there own spins on saying the same things and it adds a lot of personality to each character.

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158

Could you just imagine the uproar in these forums if that happened lol.