How Does Spirits Phasing Sound Work?

Options

Sorry to ask a silly question, I googled it and am still a little confused? I've heard explanations that say that everyone can hear it outside the terror radius, and others that say people can hear you inside the terror radius only if they were outside the terror radius before you phased, and others that just say anyone you're chasing can? All of these posts are ranging from release to now so I feel like she's probably been reworked a few times.

Also how do prayer beads work in relation to that? The only good answers I found were some point in 2019 that talked about a nerf, beyond that IDK. It says anyone can hear your phasing outside your terror radius, which sounds like what it already does? Potentially?

Comments

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804
    Options

Ohhh okay and the terror radius follows me or the husk? Or is it like it stays with the husk but the whooshing sound is the 'real' terror radius? I've noticed that when I try to sneak on some people working on genny's they just know I'm about to grab them even if I try to pretend I phased for someone else I was chasing.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    edited February 2021
    Options

If you are outside of the Spirit's terror radius when she is phasing, you hear the noise for the duration of her power

If you are within her terror radius when she is phasing, you do not get an audio cue for her power.

Formerly Prayer Beads used to silence phasing entirely, but they were later changed so that survivors outside of your terror radius always hear phasing.

There's a range wherein survivors can hear phasing, but most of the time it does not come into play.

Her terror radius is actually attached to the husk while using her power, so it can be removed with flashlights to hear her phasing.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

By default, Spirit’s terror radius is 24 meters. You can hear your phasing sound if you’re outside of the husk’s terror radius and if she’s heading towards your general direction. If you’re in the terror radius within 21-24 meters, then you’ll hear a little quiet sound that could be easily blocked off by a gen sound but it is there. 20 or less meters, there won’t be a sound, only the heartbeat. Prayers Beads applies to this as well, it’s just everyone will hear the sound as long as they’re out of the terror radius or 21-24 meters away.

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158
    Options

Otz made a video on it. https://youtu.be/kyM_x6I9Ih8

Skip to 8:05 for the info you want.

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804
    Options

That's a very informative video, thanks so much for the link