Does anybody who plays survivor actually like the Twins?

90% of victors "hits" don't even connect.

99% of people who play Twins use Victor to slug/camp.

And that's about it. The Twins should be removed. (:

Comments

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

I really desperately wanna play twins to try something out. But everytime I wanted to play a particular killer to test if the counter works, it never does.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I've seen them twice, so I can't say.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Yes they are my favorite killer to go against rn other than doctor , and my favorite killer to play , while difficult to play they can wipe the floor if used correctly

• halfmanhalfape
    halfmanhalfape Member Posts: 153

I like going against them. My main problem with them is Victor’s tracking. He can hit you no matter what you do sometimes.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited February 2021

I don't mind them.

To be fair that works both ways, often Victor hits invisible parts of terrain, corners, and objects instead of survivors stunning him and then often getting him crushed. It's incredibly frustrating.

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

Against experienced Twins, they are kind of hard. The common strategy I've seen is either camping a hook or slugged character with either Twin and often switching between them. I've also seen Charlotte be used to block vaults and pallets.

It's sometimes hard to dodge Victor because sometimes it doesn't look like his pounces even connect.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I've seen them more than enough, you described them the exact way that I would've described them, they are the anti fun killer, most victors will camp or rarely charlotte, then slug fest.

Most hits do not hit but I am an entitled killer main so that question wasn't towards me.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

I've noticed this too. It's very 50/50 with Victor which is just awful for both sides.

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368

Hard to say because I haven't seen too many of them. Good twins players are beasts to go against tho. Wouldn't mind seeing more of them if people want to play them.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited February 2021

I hate that his hitbox goes up as high as a survivors so like if he lands on stairs you can't kick him if you are above him you just sorta walk over his head instead like he is a huge rectangular box.

They are so afraid of exploits that rather than test for issues they just give him the hitbox of like a full adult survivor:

• daggersnight
    daggersnight Member Posts: 119

I've enjoyed going against the Twins when the person playing them didn't play like a dick. They used Victor to make long range snipes and good use of his killer instinct to apply pressure to gens. They didn't slug or camp the hook with either or them or come back to the hook asap by just hiding around the corner.

The main problem with the Twins is that they are able to be used in a cheesy way that isn't fun for Survivors and a lot of players will just take the easy way out of camping with either Victor and his sister and then tunneling or slugging in order to try and snowball and go from there. The Twins can be a fun killer to play and play against but I just don't see a huge market of people trying to learn better ways of playing them because the other way is just simple and easy for most.

I will say that I love the Twins and when I do play them I play them in the style first mentioned without the camping. Victor can hit from SOOOO far away.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2021

not removed, they add interesting gameplay potential, they just need to be looked at and given serious consideration before touched and possibly ruined. untill you starts eeing them every other match and that's over half the game's survivor pop... they should give it as much time as needed and ask for input from both survivors and kilelrs before potentially destroying it. yes, I hate going against them too sometimes, it doesn't mean it's totally fine to gut them though. But yeah some people are extremely annoying and frustrating with them, so they do need to be looked into, carefully though. Not lazily. What I found personally annoying is how good some of them can be keeping people from being able to stay on generators using viktor but the ruin/undying combo is gone so it wouldn't take too long getting rid of ruin now even yourself.

• Mistercookie
    Mistercookie Member Posts: 147

What I don't like is random survivors not understanding they have to heal to avoid mass slugging and that they need to group up as soon as possible if Victor is coming to down injured people. Kick him and pick up the slug!! Don't just start running away. Don't group up around someone that has Victor on their shoulders and if you think they trapped a slug or a hook with Victor... CROUCH like it's a hag trap.

I love going against them in general (and I love playing as them). It's a challenge as their power is strong while not super easy to use.

If anything and from my experience; Lucky Break + Iron Will is a free escape against Victor. Might make that perk meta if they become popular.

Again: Crouching saves lives and windows are very strong if you manage to avoid being hit while vaulting (like a huntress hatchet). Victor cannot vault over windows and has to either go around or use his lunge and potentially get crushed.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Shouldn't you ask if killers like to play the twins? Because they certainly don't.

They need a massive buff/overhaul.

• giaworm
    giaworm Member Posts: 5

i mean they cool and all but literally no one plays them so don’t rlly have an opinion :/ sucks bc feels like at this point they’re releasing new content just for it to go unused , you get me?

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Played against them one time in the past 2 weeks. So... they're pretty much gone anyways.

• TauNkosi
    TauNkosi Member Posts: 282

Twin are the only killer who slug consistently. Gives me time to do my wiggle build with Unbreakable, flip flop, power struggle and Boil over.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

I played twins a lot and i was n°9 for downs in the leaderboard till i used to play this game consistently.

I enjoy playing against twins, you can play them without resorting to camping and tunneling but that takes skill and game's knowledge and when the community of a game prefers cheap strategies and easy ways to win its clear that they'll abuse those strategies.

They're a fun killer, one of the funnies to verse and play. Its just this rotten community that has to be fun police at all costs so noone can enjoy anything anymore.

As for slugging, they cant slug if survivors heal themselves. Totally no way they can slug. And forcing survivors to heal is pretty balanced considering the huge delays this killer has. If survivors want to rush gens at all costs then they are taking the risk of getting slugged and shouldn't blame slugging when they have a generous amount of time to heal.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Against a Twins player with half a brain I really enjoy matches.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

They are bearable at the moment. It was really bad when more people played them because it is no fun to get slugged for Ages or camped, because the Devs cannot see that build-in Insidious is a bad idea.

Victors Hitbox is annoying, sometimes his visual model is even flying past me, still I get hit. I would really like to see his Hitbox.

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530

Rather go up against the Twins than Legion. Least the twins are somewhat more interesting than an edgy teen running around with a knife inflicting deep wound every 30 seconds

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    edited February 2021

I don't main survivor, but I play it a lot because of the damn archives.

I liked them at first, but they really only seem effective when you tunnel / slug. Also, I have no idea why Charlotte can't turn when waking up, or why it takes so long for Charlotte to wake up. If you could change characters more easily, I think it would be viable to try and trap people. Like, I've tried using victor as a beacon for detection on the far side from the far side of where I'm approaching a gen. I get victor on a healthy survivor then they just run away with him on their back. Like... useless. I've tried a bunch of stuff, but the only really effective way to use victor is against injured survivors.

I will say that sniping victor can be a lot of fun, but it's hard to keep up. Eventually you have to resort to slugging with victor to avoid losing.

I personally had hoped we would be able to switch back and forth a lot more quickly, and try to work the survivors that way. But nope.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

Yeah I like going against the twins, I love the global sound effect of when Victor is in play and what that means

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

i mean anyone can play killer but the twins are only good when facing a noncooperative swf as well as they need to slug to win.

a simple counter to the twins is sticking with an injured survivor so they take the hit, you kick victor, then heal them. also always healing takes away the slug potential as well as any anti slugging perks. combine that tactic and being optimal on gens and the twins are a joke.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

Personally no. Because all Twins players do in my experience is slug and camp. I guess that's what they excel at, but its very tedious.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Buff to what? Their camping and body blocking ability?

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

yeah, i enjoy kicking that little fetus and i have a slugging perk (tenacity) which really comes in handy

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Only if they are masochistic

• Volfgang57
    Volfgang57 Member Posts: 369

The way I've played Twins when I have to do challenges with them is I usually chase survivors with Charlotte as an M1 killer. Once I get that first hit I'll position Charlotte somewhere that blocks a window or vault or hallway and finish the chase with Victor. I'll look around a bit with Victor to see if there's anyone else nearby and if there is I'll latch on to them. I then pick the downed person up and hook them. Rinse, repeat. There's also an instance last night where there were 3 survivors left and they had gotten the doors open and decided to hang out as they do. Got Victor out and latched on to one and "Surprise, you can't escape anymore!". Got me at least one more kill (which I could see that pairing extremely well with Blood Warden now that I think about it... 🤔)

It's not tunnelling, it's not camping, and it's not slugging. It's using two different people to corral survivors and it's pretty funny chasing someone through a building with Victor and watch them come around a corner to see it blocked by Charlotte. Locking people in closets with Victor also never gets old, haha

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Yeah I like the concept of being chased by Victor, but yeah they just slug, camp and tunnel hard from what I've experienced.

Next killer cant really lose in regards to popularity and aesthetics

• Tsulan

Camping isn´t exactly an ability. That would be like claiming Fengs ability is to repair gens.

Twins camp, because there isn´t really much else to do with them, since they are weak af.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

I dont even like them as a killer player and all you need is tenacity and distance and you escape

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890

Where are all these people not connecting Victor's hits?

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but every single Twins I've ever faced has the easiest time connecting his hits to every survivor. He's practically unavoidable in every match I've faced them in.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,558

Not a survivor main, but I play it occasionally.

The thing about the Twins is that they are pretty much non-existent. And when you go against, they have to slug or they will lose. Which isn't fun, but it is understandable. 

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

I'm hoping they release killer stats again sometimes down the line, I want to see how few people play the Twins because it has to be crazy few.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

It isn't their ability but its a strategy they can do pretty well.

• Tsulan

There isn´t much more the Twins can do. That´s why they need a massive buff or a complete overhaul.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

I'd enjoy them if I actually received BP/emblem points against them since right now I get 0 from looping Victor for multiple gens. Playing against them just feels like waste of time because there's no reward.

• chadbeastofprey
    chadbeastofprey Member Posts: 437

no. i'll usually just die on my first hook.

i don't blame them for using the killer's power in the most efficient way (camping/slugging), it's not their fault that's what they have to do to get max value, but i'm just not even going to bother playing the game out as a solo player.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 571
    edited February 2021

I like them if they don't camp and go on a slugging spree (so pretty much just low ranks trying out Twins lol). The game of trying to dodge and kick Victor is pretty fun even though it feels bad and is overly punishing for the Twins player if they somehow miss.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759

As someone who likes playing both sides, I can definitively say that they are extremely boring and unfun.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I think I'd rather play against a Hag tbh. In my time playing survivor, I've seen 3 Twins players since they came out, and I definitely would want to never see that number go any higher for as long as I play this game.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I don't know why so many people turn to slugging and harsh camping, but I adore playing as and against them!!! I like to use Charlotte for pressure and Victor as a lil speedy man to see where people are on the map! They're fun when played well, and honestly I'd rather face them than Hag or shivers Deathslinger...

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

They are so easy to beat. Just heal so that you don't all get slugged.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

People slug and camp with them because it's the most effective way to play them. Attempts at playing what many would consider a "normal" playstyle usually means you've lost before you've even started because using Victor like a normal killer would use their power is way too slow and you won't be able to keep up.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

Ahh, I see! I use him as like an echo locator lol! Charlotte is the main one I use to get people and while I have had one slug before I try to keep things fair and simple. It's a shame, I find them to be great!

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

Sorry, but who are you talking about?