Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is it okay to be toxic if your opponent was significantly toxic first?

Sand
Sand Member Posts: 179

Is it okay to be toxic if your opponent was significantly toxic first? 44 votes

Yes
68%
ThatbrownmonsterWhaleBlubberUistreelAvilgusHellraisingPredator[Deleted User]SloppyJalopyKellie1nsigniaSpookyPumpkinPieze_j2007YordsBrequeBitingSeaTripleStealDoomedMindReverseVelocityGannTMAmy095EvanSnowWolf 30 votes
No
13%
haglingCrowmanboostedsurvivormainIdontknowtbhHex_SaltClownIsUnderrated 6 votes
Other (specify in comments)
18%
ShapedoxygenJesseJH28DragonMasterDarrennotstarboardNoOneKnowsNovaKarao_KeSowbug 8 votes

Comments

• BitingSea
    BitingSea Member Posts: 332
    Yes

If they open up that playing field it's only fair for you to use it back

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited February 2021

As long as you don't throw the game trying to get back at them. But I am not a fan of toxic behaviour even if deserved. It affects you negatively I think.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,789

I'd say it's understandable, but not still not a great idea. It's the good ol' dilemma between the difficult but morally superior "turn the other cheek" concept and the more typical, morally inferior "eye for an eye" concept.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031
    No

If you're acting toxic right back to them, then no it's showing that you're not being the bigger person.

• Sand
    Sand Member Posts: 179
    Yes

I used to be like you, then after the what seems like 100th time of getting "Frick you, you Slur" when I say "GG WP" after all 4 of them escape I decided to start being toxic back.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

If it makes you feel better, go for it. Personally I just try to leave it alone because they're probably just looking for a reaction and I'm just not really interested in trash talking back and forth, especially not over a video game lol

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Yes

If they're being toxic I'm throwing the same energy back, same goes for irl too.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Depends on what mood you're in, normally i just laugh it off but if i'd had one of those days then it is a no holds barred war of words

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Yes

Teaching good lessons is always a pleasure for me =)

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

It depends on how far you take it.

If a survivor teabags you, you have the green-light to either slap em on hook or nod to repay the favor, although doing so for the entirety of the match after that is just overkill & continues the cycle of toxicity. This can be vise-versa too, with giving the killer a taste of their own medicine.

Despite this, I will say that you have to do it for good reason. BMing is toxic, while gameplay choice is not. You shouldn't BM a camping killer or an OoO survivor because that is how they want to play the game, compared to teabagging & slapping on hook which is usually done to piss others off.

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443
    No

I'm not gonna say I've never been toxic when provoked but if i do im as bad as they are. I prefer beating them skillfully

• e_j2007
    e_j2007 Member Posts: 130
    Yes

if your a survivor and teabag, you get teabagged when i mori you

(im a ghost face main)

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Yes

I say yes, but I never pay it forward. I respond to the same Survivor that BM'd me.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

In general yes, if you really want to. Personally I don't care enough about any in-match actions to do anything else than continue playing normally, but whatever.

But at the same time people have such wildly different definitions of toxicity that if you do it, your opponent(s) might genuinely just view it as you being a dick for no reason. They might think they're not being toxic whatsoever, just like something you do that you don't consider toxic might be viewed differently by them. Beyond stuff like " dealing out slurs like candy on Halloween is very Not Cool, dude" there's really no true consensus on what's toxic and what's not. And then you just end up with both parties being angry and insisting they didn't shoot first.

• 96wilfrid
    96wilfrid Member Posts: 8

It's worse when there are several toxic people on the team. Especially when you hear their voices in parallel =)

• Yes

Yes. If I'm playing a killer with a strong camp game like Bubba or Hag they aren't going to get very far.