Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

When is it appropriate to leave through exit gate as survivor?

Assuming there is a teammate hanging on the hook, when is it appropriate to leave the match when the exit gates are ready to open? What are the reasons that make you go for the rescue? What are the reasons that make you leave the teammate behind even if you had a chance to rescue them (other than that they have been horrible to you during the match).

---

I tend to always go for the rescue if the killer is not face-camping the hook and it is not a one down killer like leather face. If I am wounded I try to get a heal before rescue, and if there is no chance to heal, I leave, unless I can stay to heal others so they can go for the rescue on my behalf (I probably have No Mither or some other perk preventing heal on me).

Comments

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

I try it always. No risk, no fun.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited February 2021

If noed is active then I bounce pretty quickly.

Otherwise I generally try to save my team unless killer is camping or if its a killer I dont have much of a chance escaping.

People can leave whenever but I hate it when I save a survivor with a couple players and they all abandon me on hook even though I took a risk to save them with their friends

If its a player hooked that has actively avoided helping me i won't save them either

If it was an overall easy game im much more likely to take risks

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

I'll go for the rescue if the survivor on the hook was a wholesome and/or team player. I'll also go for the rescue if gens flew by and the game was easy, might as well give the Killer an opportunity for more chases.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Whenever you want. It's never "not okay" and there's times where the only reason I'm struggling is to buy them time to escape, not to save me (like an instadown killer sticking real close or revealed NOED when they rush the hook instead of looking for the damn hex first when the killer is again close to me).

And this is coming from someone who's totally fine with sacrificing myself if it gives someone else a good shot at escaping. If one more person is going to die before the match is over, I'm perfectly fine with that person being me instead of whoever is on the hook.

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804

As a killer I've actually opened gates just to get people to make their choice.

Make your play or get the hell out, clock is ticking, your friend is dying. We're in overtime baby.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668
    edited February 2021

As soon as it opens. And sometimes it is a good idea to it. Such as if your going against the Twins. Victor can prevent you from leaving if he pounces and attaches to you making you an easy target if Charlotte is nearby. Krueger is another you may want to leave quickly just in case the killer is using Blood Warden.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

They can as long as EGC is not started and all gens are powered. Designed to force the game to end as a long time ago people would finish the gens and then hide for absurd amounts of time just to troll the killer.

• Chrisko
    Chrisko Member Posts: 288

Are you saying that it is always appropriate to leave with another survivor on the hook?

• Chrisko
    Chrisko Member Posts: 288

Stay if you are

1. Not injured
    2. Have Borrowed time equipped
    3. Have other healthy survivors who are also helping with the save
    4. Are not on death hook (still you could take a protection hit if the recently unhooked survivor is being pursued)
    5. If the exit gate is near the hooked person
    6. If the person is not in the basement with a 1 shot-down killer staring at them
    7. If NOED is not in play

Just a few thoughts

• druggedpug69
    druggedpug69 Member Posts: 155

Leave whenever you want. No one's entitled to being saved.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

If I didn't play well and got lucky to get that far, I'll return and help others. But if the killer doesn't find me all game and I fixed a few gens and made a save or so, i ll loiter encase I need to offer a protection hit. Won't just leave unless the killer was clearly a new player and id show respect