The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

One thing I hate about this game...

iTz_KilLaZ_x
iTz_KilLaZ_x Member Posts: 300
edited November 2018 in General Discussions
Is when you’re playing killer and you kill 3 before even one gen is popped but the last survivor decides to do absolutely nothing and just hide. I play at rank 1, so this doesn’t happen very often but last night I spent 20 min looking all over for the last guy. It was annoying as hell. And I know he was not doing anything because no gens were touched, no totems done, no chests, etc.

can we plz come up with a solution to this? I almost disconnected because I was so bored looking all over the map for him.

Comments

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    Is when you’re playing killer and you kill 3 before even one gen is popped but the last survivor decides to do absolutely nothing and just hide. I play at rank 1, so this doesn’t happen very often but last night I spent 20 min looking all over for the last guy. It was annoying as hell. And I know he was not doing anything because no gens were touched, no totems done, no chests, etc.

can we plz come up with a solution to this? I almost disconnected because I was so bored looking all over the map for him.

I really think they should make Left Behind an innate perk just to give survivors and incentive to do something, it would benefit killers too since they could narrow down where they are hiding.

• Troylus
    Troylus Member Posts: 40
    A couple months ago, I proposed a hatch solution that would also remedy this problem.  The short version is that the killer auto-closes the hatch when finding it and gets to see the remaining survivors aura for a while in exchange.  A new hatch spawns a little while after that.

Both the hatch stand off and the last survivor hideout problem are solved.

• Aviema
    Aviema Member Posts: 45

@michaelmyers87 said:
    Whispers 

you're that kid who always did that, "I'm not touching you!" annoying ######### aren't you? Using a perk slot to counter ######### behavior is not even close to an adequate solution.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Aviema said:

@michaelmyers87 said:
    Whispers 

you're that kid who always did that, "I'm not touching you!" annoying ######### aren't you? Using a perk slot to counter ######### behavior is not even close to an adequate solution.

So the last survivor should just run up to the killer and say take me I'm yours right? No survivor in their right mind is just going to give you an easy kill. You're not entitled to that free kill anymore than the survivor is entitled to making it out.

If you were playing a high mobility killer then of course that survivor is going to try and move around. It's funny you killers complain about being gen rushed but when it's the other way around it's I can't have my 4th victim for free.

Yes it's annoying to have to go find someone but that's why you run Whispers if you see stealthy players, Doctor, etc. You have to go earn that 4th kill even if it takes time.

• Aviema

@powerbats said:

@Aviema said:

@michaelmyers87 said:
    Whispers 

So the last survivor should just run up to the killer and say take me I'm yours right? No survivor in their right mind is just going to give you an easy kill. You're not entitled to that free kill anymore than the survivor is entitled to making it out.

If you were playing a high mobility killer then of course that survivor is going to try and move around. It's funny you killers complain about being gen rushed but when it's the other way around it's I can't have my 4th victim for free.

Yes it's annoying to have to go find someone but that's why you run Whispers if you see stealthy players, Doctor, etc. You have to go earn that 4th kill even if it takes time.

Hmmm, didn't say the survivor running up to the killer was an adequate solution? Pretty sure that's also ######### behavior. Never asked for an easy kill or said it should be an easy kill, if I did please quote the selection of text where I said that. Never said I was entitled to the last kill, nor do I think the killer getting a "free kill", in your words, on the immersed survivor is an adequate solution.

Never complained about gen rushing in the post you replied to so, not sure why you brought it up? Never said anything about having my fourth victim for free?

"Yes its annoying to have to go find someone," no its not annoying, it its a waste of my ######### time for a survivor to play immersed for twenty ######### minutes buddy. That's one third of an hour, do understand how much time that is wasted?

I have to go earn that fourth kill even if it takes time? How many hours a week do you work at your jobs? Go ######### yourself if you think survivors wasting my time, as much as twenty minutes, is just something I have to deal with unless I want to waste a perk slot on whispers. I don't have twenty minutes to waste on an immersed survivor and I'm not ######### running whispers as the "fix" to that kind of play.

You're response was stock, jumped to many conclusions about what I said without addressing what I said, and in the end you just look like a fool. Are you actually this #########, or are you just pretending to be?

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@Troylus said:
    A couple months ago, I proposed a hatch solution that would also remedy this problem.  The short version is that the killer auto-closes the hatch when finding it and gets to see the remaining survivors aura for a while in exchange.  A new hatch spawns a little while after that.

Both the hatch stand off and the last survivor hideout problem are solved.

that just gives the killer an auto win imo... the whole point of the hatch is to give survivors a chance to survive not give the killers an easy 4th kill.

• powerbats

@Aviema It's not that you're saying it, it's that you're implying it by how you worded your post and if you go back and reread it dispassionately you'll see that's what it looks like. Also the gen rushing comment is overall and if you look at killer complaints that ties into it.

As someone else mentioned you can run whispers and your response was to call them basically childish and running a perk ######### because you don't want to run anything but what you want.

• Aviema

@powerbats said:
    @Aviema It's not that you're saying it, it's that you're implying it by how you worded your post and if you go back and reread it dispassionately you'll see that's what it looks like. Also the gen rushing comment is overall and if you look at killer complaints that ties into it.

As someone else mentioned you can run whispers and your response was to call them basically childish and running a perk ######### because you don't want to run anything but what you want.

You really need to stop trying to read into what people are saying because I promise you, you aren't smart enough for that. Everything you magically made up inside that neurotic mind of yours about "what I'm implying" isn't true. Just flat out, and you know why it isn't true? Because you don't know what's inside of my mind, I do. Pretty simple, surprised you haven't learned that lesson yet mate. Your reply to me, and these points that you keep bringing up are irrelevant and derailing the thread. This discussion between me and you is done.

• powerbats

@Aviema said:

@powerbats said:

You really need to stop trying to read into what people are saying because I promise you, you aren't smart enough for that. Everything you magically made up inside that neurotic mind of yours about "what I'm implying" isn't true. Just flat out, and you know why it isn't true? Because you don't know what's inside of my mind, I do. Pretty simple, surprised you haven't learned that lesson yet mate. Your reply to me, and these points that you keep bringing up are irrelevant and derailing the thread. This discussion between me and you is done.

When you have to resort to insults you've already lost the debate and then throwing up the virtual white flag by saying the discussion is done is just as bad. If you're going to approach everyone that disagrees with you that way you'll find most of the forum doesn't agree with you.

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

@Aviema said:

@michaelmyers87 said:
    Whispers 

First off, what the fck kind of a response is this to someone who takes the time to reply to you?

Secondly, if you think whispers is only useful for finding people who are hiding, then you're placing limitations on the scope of his solution due to your own perspective, probably informed by a complete lack of experience in using whispers. To be frank, you aren't going to find a solution to your problem that doesn't require compromises. But honestly, you wouldn't be making a very big compromise, because at level 3 whispers is one of the most underrated perks available to killers.

• MrZapp
    MrZapp Member Posts: 102

Yay mad people in forums

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328
    edited November 2018
    I always make noise to get the Killers attention and let him hook me if no Gens are done and I'm the only one left (So I guess you can call me ######### :innocent: ). No need to waste their time, the escape chance is minimal and not worth the effort to me. I once had a survivor that spent 20 Minutes avoiding me to get Gens done, but in the end it didn't go anywhere for him and it was just tedious. I think somerimes, people tend to take the getting that escape/kill a little too serious, to be honest. But there's nothing you can do but try your best to find Them, or alternatively get some tea, read a book or whatever until the Gens needed to escape are done and you can go on to the next match. 
  • dontTouchMyGens
    dontTouchMyGens Member Posts: 35
    edited November 2018
    The game should just end after 3 minutes if there’s only 1 survivor left. Suggesting to run whispers is not an adequate solution. Why should I be forced to run a specific perk to prevent some jerk holding the game hostage?

Other idea: after 3 minutes, the position of the survivor gets revealed every 10 seconds. 
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    powerbats said:

@Aviema said:

@michaelmyers87 said:
    Whispers 

I don’t understand Killers like this myself. No pressure, just hunting that last clever little minx. If your don’t have the patience and time for that, then why are you sitting around playing video games in the first place? If you’ve got time to play games, then you’ve got time for anything that may happen. 

Side Note after reading the other post by the OP : If you are wasting your time playing games to begin with, you don’t get to complain about “wasting time.”
  • Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

@michaelmyers87 said:
    Whispers 

Imagine using an useless perk just to find the last survivor in 1 out of the 250 games this occurs.