The characters I believe don't fit in with DBD

Options
Yords
Yords Member Posts: 5,781
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

I am not here to hate on what other people want or the other games, just voicing my opinion on them.

Tall lady from RE8 or any other RE monster - She is too tall, literally. Imagine looping her around a normal tile with a window and pallet. And what about all the other RE monsters like Tyrant? They would be downgraded from this awesome almost unstoppable beast to a "killer" who can be stopped and stunned by a pallet. Just look at demo, look at him. The poor guy went from taking down people in seconds as an intelligent and ruthless hunter, to being... stopped by a block of wood.

Chucky - People have said that Chucky could work because of Victor from the twins' patch. I heavily disagree. Chucky is just a glorified doll, the only reason Victor fits in is because of being a part of Charlotte. Chucky just seems silly to me honestly. Chucky would have to do everything differently, hooking, being stunned, vaulting, EVERYTHING and I am pretty sure the devs would not put in the effort. Also, victors' hits are already bad, imagine Chucky's.

Springtrap, or any FNAF animatronic - I really don't see someone like Springtrap added to DBD. FNAF is a franchise that just doesn't fit with DBD. Again, BHVR would add a killer such as Springtrap and let him be stunned by pallets and looped by survivors. It also doesn't make sense with the lore of the game since he is technically just a robot. (Yes, I know he is technically purple guy or whoever, I used to watch those game theory videos on fnaf as well when this was all the rage).

Candyman - I don't know much about him so I could be wrong, but looking at the movies from the outside he already seems underwhelming. He is like a version of that bloody mary creepypasta.

Again, these are just a few of my opinions and I am not hating on what others think.

Post edited by Yords on

Comments

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570
    Options

I think Chucky would work easily

• Yords
    Options

I still can't tell if you want jump scares added or not because of how you wrote this.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

I mean all of them could fit. Re8 lady is... we don't know who she is, the game isn't out yet so don't judge,

Chucky could with the existance of the twins

Springtrap could for he is a serial killer and is able to pick up people and hook them

Candyman defeintly could, he is a slasher, and the very first African Slasher in the history of horror

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

It's not that people are crying out for it, it's the developers' decision to bring in a certain character and also a business thing. Then when an official trailer comes out, people completely forget negative opinions about an implementation. Perhaps in the past you would never imagine seeing a killer like Freddy who can shapeshift, teleport, alter the world of dreams, etc. But if a killer like Chucky or Pennywise comes to the game out of nowhere, they forget how bad it could have been in the game, to be brief, when they theorize about licensed killers, the only thing everyone thinks is in their power , but when it comes out, it is something new that we were not used to.

• magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499
    Options

It could always be Vanny instead of Springtrap.

• magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499
    Options

Well if they used her Afton would still technically be a part of it, and it would make it understandable that she is hurt by pallets and blinded and such.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

i dont think detective tapp fits in dbd (even though he already exists). as a saw fan hes probably the least iconic character in the movie

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

I want to throw Pinhead into the bad idea pile.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

You really need to watch Candyman.

He's a slasher with the ability to direct wasps. That would be unique and fun. He's got an iconic weapon, look and power all sorted.

The only issue with Chucky is his size, but there are creative ways around that limitation, such as hooks that move for him, the ability to stake people to the floor for a sacrificial ritual to the entity (could work very similar to PH cages.) Also his voodoo practicioner background makes adding him to the lore a snap (the entity was the voodoo god he was worshipping the whole time)

Fnaf are animatronics, not terminators, I broke one at chucky cheese on accident when I was 10, no reason they can't be in. Also they eat souls, or have children's souls or something which could tie into the lore easily (entity makes a deal with the souls for revenge)

The RE villains... Any of the old school BOWs would be a harder sell, it's tough to see the tyrant that took a rocket to the chest in RE stopped by a pallet, but the vampire clan from the new game is unknown. There also may be werewolves in the new RE, maybe one of those would fit better?

• Yords
    edited February 2021
    Options

But it ruins the actual intimidating part of a good one. As I mentioned above, take demogorgon for example. Sure, he is a killer in DBD and can kill survivors the way all the others can, but he would be MUCH less intimidating because of how it works. In stranger things, it was a force to be reckoned with. Now, he can be stopped by a pallet and slowed down by windows. Also, HE CAN BE BLINDED.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Her name is Lady Dimitrescu and she is iconic.

Okay but for real I can't see her being in the game no offense.

9 ft is WAY too tall and RE Village isn't even out yet. I feel like they'd probably add some other villain/monster from Resident Evil rather than her tbh. Plus she uses a claw glove literally exactly like Freddy and that would be kind of a copy lol

I honestly could see a FNAF deal happening because some at BHVR really want to see it happen but also some don't. Basically I wouldn't put it past happening. To the whole "pallet stunning an animatronic doesn't make sense" all I have to say is neither does pallet stunning Demogorgon or flashlight blinding Pyramid Head and yet here we are.

Chucky my only issue is how would he hook people?

Candyman is actually horrifying if you watched the movie but I understand he may seem boring on outward appearances / first glance.

• Yords
    Options

The entitled survivor community would like to have a word with you.

• StuWalesSaS
    StuWalesSaS Member Posts: 3
    Options

Well DbD players/Fans and horror fans. I think New Freddie needs to be redone back into the more menacing and more horrifying Rob Englund character first before we go delving into what characters should come into the the game. Jason Vorhee's would be a fantastic addition to the game....I had loads more rattling around my brain before I started this post. Oooooo Oooooo Pinhead from Hellraiser there another looks great and a good killer too. I will be back with more for you.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

Candyman could be made to fit, but similar to Freddy and such, would need to be "dumbed down" to work in a video game. In the movies, he makes his kills look like someone else did it, essentially framing his actual intended target. This is to turn society against them, similar to how society was against him when he was still alive. The whole issue of having to say his name would be ignored, but his other aspect of being directly involved with mirrors could likely be worked into the game. We already have spawn locations for clocks and puzzles, so they could be used for mirrors as well. His connection with bees is a bit iffy, though they could make a good sort of terror radius for him as well as serve a passive role.

With the remake being a thing and mostly finished (iirc it's on the backburner to ride out the pandemic so it can get a theatrical release), I could totally see him making his way into the game.

Some other movie monsters, on the other hand, would be a much harder fit.

I see Chucky brought up a ton, but Victor is obnoxious to play as and against. He's the closest comparison we have, and it's not a good start. HIs special abilities would include "stab your legs" and "cuss a lot". Adding to this, they used the remake of Freddy for the game, which might lend to the idea they would use the remade Chucky that nobody particularly liked. Chucky (to me) comes off as one of those villains that people want because of popularity, but not because they would actually be fun to play as/against. High grass in this game can confuse regular sized Killers. Blight, who has a lower PoV, suffers a fair bit from high grass. Victor is entirely reliant on a normal sized Killer scouting for him and built-in Bloodhound in order to track anything. Chucky would be a total butt parade to deal with as the Killer player unless he had a LOT of built-in mitigation for his short height causing every minor obstacle in the game to block his vision.

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264
    Options

I don't think Chucky would work as a killer for this game. The height would pose a vision issue as mentioned above, and you couldn't have a doll hoisting a survivor onto his shoulder so they would have to come up with an alternative carry mechanism which I guess is not impossible but I feel improbable.

Candyman would be great! There could be mirrors on walls that he could teleport to/grab and pull survivors through that survivors could smash, or they have to cleanse, he could release bees to that impact hearing with their buzz so you don't know if he's near you or not, he has a hook for a hand which is iconic, I think he would be a perfect addition.

Pinhead I can see working too - throw in some sort of puzzle box mechanic (have to pass a couple of skill checks and you can 'banish' him to 15m away from you or something) plus he could either have chain hook traps or fire a chain hook (though maybe too similar to Deathslinger?) plus would slot perfectly into the lore. They could do something interesting with the more screams he is in the vicinity of the more his power grows or something (not sure if that's already a killer trait)

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378
    edited February 2021
    Options

I might also jump to the fact the next killer could be Springtrap.

He's a child serial killer in a suit, and he worked as a security guard at one point. I think, my Fnaf lore knowledge isn't too strong.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

Instead of condescending onto the OP, explain how Chucky would work. I'm all ears. Come on, lets have it.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378
    Options

Chucky dribbles the survivor like a basketball then dunks them on the hook.

• StibbityStabbity
    Options

As a massive Hellraiser fan, I kinda disagree. While I would love to see Pinhead or another Cenobite in the game, their abilities would need to be dumbed down to the point of "missing the point" of the characters. Also, realistically, I don't think the Lament Configuration would really factor in unless it was made into something similar to puzzle boxes, which is to say it would be used to counter one of the Killers powers. Cenobites generally don't chase, though we saw a "depowered" Pinhead do so in HR3. Even then, it wasn't even much of a chase, more like clowning around while following a chick in order to give her multiple heart-attacks and pop out some good one liners at a priest. Despite all their powers and reality warping abilities, Cenobites would likely get reduced to "chains with hooks" and "a box". It sells them horribly short.

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264
    Options

Take your points and yes they would need to be dumbed down/adapted in terms of power, but hey in the Nightmare on Elm Street films Freddy drags people into a dream world where he's basically a god, so I don't think the game killers need to necessarily be movie-accurate

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

She's iconic? Her game doesn't even come out for 3 more months.

• StibbityStabbity
    Options

Well ya, they could be adapted to fit in the game, but it would still feel like it was "for the hell of it". Very little of what makes a Cenobite a scary thing to face up against would be able to transition to the game, as most of what makes them scary aren't things you can reasonably fight against.

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354
    Options

All of these could work as killers. Some would have be downsized/upsized, but any are possible.

I'm of the opinion that if there is a good/well known horror license, they deserve a spot in DbD.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

I know you screwin with me cause that image just makes me lol, but..

The people who want Chucky can't even logically explain how he would hook a survivor w/o it being questionable. They just want him in the game. When it comes time to explain his mechanics and how he'd work, they're silent. Chucky WOULD be cool to have, but I'm not going to disagree that he doesn't fit in. He's toy size, he does not have super human strength and I cannot see him carrying a survivor to the hooks w/o it being hilarious. And were not really looking for humor in DBD when it comes to killers so I'd agree with OP on the Chucky point.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

Yes Billy and Bubba have the same power and vastly different attack mechanics. There is no complaint about seeing something similar to The Twins and Chucky, maybe you are referring to the doll itself, but do not forget the concept of the twins that is another option to see Chucky.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

I see that claim a lot, I already explained in this thread some ideas of how it could work, basically leaning more into the lore of the original movies. For an even more thorough breakdown, this had been around for some time

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/215391/childs-play-chapter#latest

• Opeth32
    Opeth32 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Your comment has so much merit thank you for your point of view my friend I disagree slightly but you bring up some good points

• TinoraMayra
    TinoraMayra Member Posts: 3
    Options

The majority of the killers are tall?

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Aside from some of the taller Resident Evil villains, I can easily see every character you mentioned being added.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

People always forget about the proto tyrant from the earlier RE games, who was the original final boss of the RE series. He was only slightly taller than the other characters and was easily defeated in his first encounter, he would pretty easily fit into dbd.

• wraithbaby3
    wraithbaby3 Member Posts: 30
    Options

Chuky doesn't need to come solo, he can as well have a partner. For example the very fat girlfriend of his.

• wraithbaby3
    wraithbaby3 Member Posts: 30
    Options

They can add Chucky with his very fat girlfriend.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287
    Options

I agree with all but candyman

I think he would fit best than the others by a lot

• DjangoTheGhostface
    DjangoTheGhostface Member Posts: 137
    Options

These cringe posts are basically copy and paste, they're worthless no one cares you have no creativity imagination or interest in horror

BUT in addition to the "chucky too short! Fnaf cringe!" People started throwing in candyman. And again being copy and pasted replies they all include "well i never watched the movies" like yeah we know you racist ######### dont like horror. So many people dead ass say "i know nothing about this character but i hate him" like, and i will gladly take whatever the mods throw at me for this, yall can suck my whole dick lol.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Exactly. The game won't be out for another 3 months and the internet has fallen in love with her lol

• Yords
    edited February 2021
    Options

If you think these posts are cringe then don't look at it, it's that easy. Never said I hated any of these characters, I am just saying that I don't think they would fit in the game. I specifically said that I am just expressing my opinion.

But please do explain how we are "racist a**holes" who don't like horror. I will wait on your well-written response.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Personally I think a haunted animitronic fits better than a creepy ass clown, but that's just me.

• DjangoTheGhostface
    DjangoTheGhostface Member Posts: 137
    Options

"I dont know anything about candyman except for what he looks like but he doesn't belong in dbd."

And what was the reason? Oh right you think he's boring.....even though you dont know anything about him. Kind of seems like"he doesn't belong" is a pretty strong reaction to that?

But anyway of course you're a horror fan. I mean what horror fan would want icons like Candyman chucky or ANYTHING from resident evil right? Im not sure why you tried to contest that because what did you expect to say? Most players aren't horror fans but im glad you got defensive because that does suck

• redarts
    redarts Member Posts: 6
    Options

There would be alot of simping going on with her in the game.

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426
    Options

If you don't know anything about Candyman, please do not talk ######### about Candyman.

And Bloody Mary is an urban legend that's been around for at least 50 years, and Candyman is indeed a take on that sort of folklore. Ain't no crappypastas