This game finally got me to quit

Options

I am absolutely done with this game now. 4 games in a row today I got hard focused and face camped by the killer. This ######### has got to stop. Face camping is a completely unfun strategy for the surviviors because the killer just picks out one guy and chases him the entire game till he gets downed and then gets facecamped till he dies. It doesn’t matter that the other players get the gens done or even escape because the survivor that got ######### over by getting facecamped gets almost no blood points and will most likely depip. So I’m done with dbd and am not comming back until this strategy actually gets punished. Only time I will ever play from now on is to play a few killer games here and there as I can still have fun playing pyramid head.

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,087
    Options

Me too! HIGH FIVE!!!

(Not for the reason you had but still...)

I figure I'll hang around the forum for another few days but I'll likely be ducking out of here too as I don't really want the temptation to come crawling back to this game for the 90000th time to be there and reading about new killers being released might be too much for my weak mind to handle.

• edgardot02
    edgardot02 Member Posts: 149
    edited February 2021
    Options

and I'm tired of chasing survivors for 30-40 seconds and gens start pop all over the map

aso when I'm tunneling a survivor for the enterie game even if 3 escape or if I depip honestly I don't give a @#&@.

If someone use sabotage or the locker stun.

• fr0sty1223
    fr0sty1223 Member Posts: 307
    Options

I’m not toxic at all when I play. I’m gonna miss playing this game because it is so fun when this kinda ######### doesn’t happen but it’s just too common lately. Gonna be trying out some more single player games in the meantime though. Still gotta beat hollow knight so might as well do that

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

This seems like a case of either 1) extraordinarily bad luck, or 2) you need to do a better job of not being the first one caught. Spend a few of your next matches making a conscious effort to be stealthy at the beginning of the game. If the facecamping is happening all the time like you say, then as long as you don’t get caught first it should be GG EZ for you!

I can only speak for myself, but I don’t play against high rank killers most of the time and I rarely see facecamping. Killers will occasionally soft camp but Borrowed Time can counter that

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328
    edited February 2021
    Options

I'm quitting too, matchmaking is absolutely APPALLING. Every game without fail has been rank 1-3 (nearly all nurses weirdly I think cuz of the rift) with not even one red rank survivor in the solo queue team and more often than not there's been a mix of purple and green or yellow ranks.

It's one thing that with every single update the game breaks but even if the bugs were sorted, the core of the game is so shockingly developed. bHVR is on par with EA and battlefront 2 with how bad they are at releasing poorly tested updates.

Even on PS5 since the new 4.5.0 the PS5 version had its resolution scaled back to PS4 and even with posting it on the bugs and submitting a ticket they haven't even acknowledged it. But they acknowledged within 1 hour the nancy and Steve skin being unavailable to purchase- sums up they only really care about money with the quality of life of the game secondary to just keeping players in the game enough to keep it viable. Literally every next gen console player might aswell just be playing the PS4 version as there is no visible difference at all anymore.

Playing killer is alright queue wise ATM but survivor without friends is literally a waste of time, even 1/10 games where you feel you have a chance and can get something done would be borderline acceptable and fun but there hasn't been any games lately where it's been anything but frustrating and unproductive.

Really makes you wonder as a gaming community when/why we let developers get away with taking our money and providing shoddy products which aren't acceptable!

• LittilAvindar
    LittilAvindar Member Posts: 255
    edited February 2021
    Options

Developers said recently that they will not do anything about tunneling, camping, and slugging, officially declaring them strategies, and therefore, giving them the go ahead to do it without hesitation. The only counter is to not play against them. Run SWF, leave the match and de-rank them the second they start face-camping. If the devs won't punish it, survivors have the ability to.

I'm truly amazed how, on one hand, they want to call those strategies, and argue that the counter is to do gens, but they want to remove "gen-rushing" by slowing gen progress more so that killers gain even more benefit from face-camping.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Sabotage is probably the most ineffective strategy besides flashlights and head on is the easiest thing to bait in the game

If you leave over these I don’t know what to tell you

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited February 2021
    Options

If your being tunneled and face camped to death 4 games in a row I have a question or two.

1: How good are you at looping/routing?

2: Did you do something to piss off the killer?

3: Have you tried NOT being seen? Just a thought. If your running into a lot of face camping killers perhaps you won't be the one to get face camped if your not the first one found.

If this game had real competition it wouldn't be a competition at all. Most of the player basis would migrate. Like when a new MMO comes out and there's an exodus of veteran players because they've done everything in this game.

• LittilAvindar
    LittilAvindar Member Posts: 255
    edited February 2021
    Options

This is why somebody else needs to create their own DBD clone with different characters, perks, killers, etc, but without all the bugs, and with a more balanced gameplay. BHVR needs competition to force them to get their ######### together.

• uncreative_username
    Options

Ok bye have fun on anything else

• fr0sty1223
    fr0sty1223 Member Posts: 307
    Options
    1. I would say I’m pretty decent at looping and routing
    2. I never try to piss off killers. I just try to play the game normally and escape.
    3. Stealth is my favorite part of this game and I always try to hide and not be seen if the killer is near

I have had killers flat out ignore my teammates doing gens and even opening exit gates to just chase me down and face camp me in multiple games today and quite a bit the last few week. It’s just so frustrating to play against and I am so close to quitting because of it

• edgardot02
    edgardot02 Member Posts: 149
    Options

It's not about strategy. I don't like when people use that against me even if it works or not. And against SWF those perks can be a pain in the @#$

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Not that it really matters but what rank are the killers your facing? Decent killers know if they face camp against decent survivors. They're only getting 1k. Face camping is a strat but it only works on uncoordinated randoms. Any other game id say rank up and you will run into them less. This game however. It's difficult to derank and emblems are bugged last time I checked.

Play with friends or play something else is all I can suggest. If your really unhappy with the game id stop trying to enjoy dbd.

• Dingo88
    Dingo88 Member Posts: 219
    Options

Ever thought about trying killer lol and like people have said just don't care about piping its alot better rank means piss all anyway

• Dingo88
    Dingo88 Member Posts: 219
    Options

Plus if you play killer you don't have to depend on anyone if you ######### up its your fault

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158
    Options

I take it as a complement being face camped. It means I must have pissed them off enough to do it. Some 5 gen runs I get mad when they don’t face camp me. “You get your ass back here and face camp me dammit, I earned this!!”

• Woot1234
    Woot1234 Member Posts: 139
    Options

Were these face campers rank 20? When I play survivor and encounter a face camper or close proxy camper they tend to be newer killers.

High ranks should rarely do this unless you BMed them because gens will pop, they'll get few BP and de-pip

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

U Know.. u should totally play killer and go facecamp someone.

I'd rather u turn into a killer and camp ppl than to just completely leave.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

I'd take this post more seriously if I didn't see people complain about facecamping when the actual problem is hook farmers that encourage the behavior.

But that's just none of my business I guess.

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Should read my steam comments. :) People hover around the hook and complain when I stay around it.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

I quit... except when I don't quit and play. Uh ok.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

My own steam profile is locked down to comments with the following statement.

":I keep comments locked because people don't handle getting destroyed well and have to babble and rage like petulant children.

I'm sorry sunshine, but your fun is none of my concern. I have my own objective and I will meet it using any means necessary to do so outside of obvious exploits the devs have forbidden.

If you don't like that, then stop me. I don't give quarter, so I don't expect it to be given. If I find myself breaking this personal rule and ragequitting due to something somebody pulled on me, I punish myself hard by refusing to play multiplayer games for awhile because it's obvious I'm not in the right mental headspace to handle the ruthless gameplay that might come my way.

We as players need to stop getting mad and angry at each other for playing games using any means necessary - we need to get good enough to defeat it.

To do otherwise just encourages weakness and entitlement. So bring it, or get out."

• Eve13
    Eve13 Member Posts: 375
    Options

How unlucky can you be to get a killer face-camp in every game?

Yes, it happens - I had a nurse today who found me so adorable that she had to stare at me the whole time, making sure no one would take me away from her. But those are exceptions. With a good team (I play 90% solo when I play survivor), such a killer has no chance. In such a round, just be a teammate and get as much time out for the others as possible. Then move on to the next round or play another game, maybe against an AI?

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

This discussion has been closed.