The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The characters I believe don't fit in with DBD

Comments

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

I respect your opinions but Springtrap could definitely fit in easily. An evil child murderer trapped in a molded bunny suit is honestly way more likely to happen than the others and could be easily executed.

Chucky could probably be executed as well but I don't know how BHVR would do that, nor do I know if BHVR would do it anyways. Candyman is an amazing movie btw, and I would love to see him in DBD. Not sure about Resident Evil, haven't seen much nor have I played much of it, lol.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Actually, what I said was "I don't know much about him so I could be wrong, but looking at the movies from the outside he already seems underwhelming. He is like a version of that bloody mary creepypasta.". But you are twisting my words to make it seem like I am being racist (because remember, I am a "racist a**hole" just like all the other people here, not just me in your eyes right?) since you specifically said the line "...except for what he looks like..." and "he doesnt belong". And before you say something like "that is basically what you said in other words", no it is not. It is not what I meant in the slightest.

I literally only watched a few clips and the trailer for the movie before I said this. That is why I said "I don't know much about him so I could be wrong, but looking at the movies from the outside he already seems underwhelming." because I DON'T know if he is good for fitting in with DBD or not. I did not even say he was boring, I only said he looks underwhelming and that he is one of the few other characters I don't see being in DBD.

I'm confused, you said in your last comment that "...like yeah we know you racist a-holes don't like horror" but then in this comment, you are speaking as if I objected to not liking horror which is not true btw. I do enjoy the RE franchise and while I am not a crazy hardcore fan who is just in love with the game, but I do like it and I do like the genre of horror. I am literally playing Dead by Daylight, a horror game. You also said that I tried to "contest" something, but what did I contest? I only responded to you saying that if you think posts like these are "cringe" then don't look at them, that I am expressing my opinion on the topic, and politely asked you to explain to us how we are "racist a-holes" which you still didn't do lol.

So, I politely ask you again. How does me talking about how I don't think that Candyman (along with other horror characters) would fit in DBD make all of us who agree "racist a-holes"?.

PS: From what I can tell, you think that people who aren't "true horror fans" are racist. Please write with more clarity.

PSS: Like I said, if seeing posts like these upsets you, then just don't look at them so we all don't have to deal with this.

• Yords

Knowing how things went in the other RE games, I think she will be an awesome villain. However, think about it. We have an 8ft tall killer, 8ft. You could definitely see her while looping her around a tile and just run the other way and if she comes close, then drop a big piece of wood on her. It would probably make her seem MUCH less cooler or (I can't seem to find the word for this) scary like the demogorgon.

I should have explained more, but I don't think Chucky could work because how would his chasing work? Would he lunge at you? How accurate would the hits be? Victor's hits are already pretty wacky, just imagine a killer who had hits that looked worse than Freddy's all the time. How would he hook you, vault, break pallets gens and walls, what about his terror radius, and a bunch of other questions that are about how would he work like the other killers? It would also require tons of time trying to find out how his power would work. Besides, seeing a doll run at you in DBD seems more funny than horrifying.

No one knows how Springtrap's power works, we just know that he is a dead guy that somehow possessed an animatronic that is falling apart and would break if you tried stunning him with a pallet.

As I said, I am unsure of Candyman and I feel that he has a chance but for now, I don't see him fitting in with the rest of the cast.

• Yords
    edited February 2021

I guess it makes sense, totally forgot about the "pollywog" thing in stranger things. But what about Pyramid head? The killer who intentionally was designed as an intimidating killer without a face and could be blinded...

Post edited by Yords on
  • Yords

lol yeah, I probably should have researched or at least watched the movies for them at first, I am only speaking on behalf of the knowledge I already have of them that I got from watching each franchise in bits or clips of. They didn't look like they would fit in with DBD for as much as I could see.

• DjangoTheGhostface
    DjangoTheGhostface Member Posts: 137

I read a few words and skipped to the PS's. I guess you got mad because you didn't actually think i would leave a reply but i mean you walked right into that one. You literally asked for it so i don't know how you can get mad at that lol.

Anyway i also saw something bolded about #NotAllCandymanHaters and yeah that's fine i agree because this is just a copy pasted list basically thats why i didnt read, most these people didnt read it they skimmed to the names and then, see let me not even say it lol.

I think i saw something about pretentious horror fans and im not saying your opinion as a player doesn't matter because you're not a horror fan im saying a 2k should cater to people who like basketball right. You dont have to like watching basketball to enjoy the game. But it would be dumb for them to argue things about the game only thinking of the gameplay. But in dbd, one of the most amazing tributes to slashers and horror icons, people who don't know what movie Micheal Myers probably shouldn't be the audience you cater too. This kind of morphed into complaining about how the devs cater to the non horror fan base when this really was supposed to be explaining to you....what that fan base is? Idk moral of the story horror. HORROR. Slasher. Spooky. Thats what the game should be. Thats why the game needs Chucky, Candyman, A Fnaf rep and probably whoever else you named. From Shaggy to Jason to Freddy fazbear to the alien, it all belongs in dbd. The only horror creepy spooky icon that doesn't belong is jeepers creepers ######### that

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,289

The thing with The Candyman is he would 100% work but he's basically Freddy Krueger except instead of sleeping he was summoned to kill someone. He'd essentially be Freddy Krueger but with the ability to alter someone else's judgement and do absurd things like flying away or materializing through things. Also bees.

• extonjonas
    extonjonas Member Posts: 41

I would love to play as ring girl except spirit already exist and kinda has that ring girl vibe. I think candyman could totally work as a killer. There is no reason he would work any less than some of the other killers. I like the orginal killers more too but I dont dislike the licensed ones. Chucky would be pretty stupid, i dont think they would ever do him especially because viktor us in the game and I feel like they could not help but rehash material

• extonjonas
    extonjonas Member Posts: 41

I dont think those vampire ladies are iconic enough for DBD to want them, not yet anyway. If they were going to do it, some other tyrant type enemy would have to be it

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264

The concept of Chucky is essentially a possessed doll, so the only way that it could work is if you play as the doll Chucky the majority of the time, and when it's time to hoist and hook a survivor, the spirit rises up out of the doll (superimposed over him) and does the lifting.

• KiwiCoattails
    KiwiCoattails Member Posts: 566

My fan concept of a Chucky chapter literally became The Twins lol. So I’m not sure how they could make him work now that they’re in the game as that was the only way I saw him being added.

Candyman could be a great addition. I could see him being a Plague / Freddy hybrid. Being able to use his bees as a ranged attack, similar to vile purge, or maybe using them to disorientate survivors, similar to Clown? And he could have the ability to teleport around the map to mirrors that randomly spawn in.

• ricenorim
    ricenorim Member Posts: 31
    edited February 2021

Tall Lady can bend/hit over loops that’s her ability. She wouldn’t be that different at all from the Plague in animation or look

Chucky can control survivors and use them for 30 seconds to ######### with other survivors, that’s his ability. Not that different from Victor.

Samara from the ring can teleport thru TVs and crawl and the water path she leaves sucks survivors into the tv or exposes them or something. Not that different from Freddy.

Theyd all fit into DBD, you just lack imagination

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Not quite.

Chucky is the soul of a voodoo practicioner who transferred into a doll when his body was about to die. The voodoo angle gives more options.

• AsherFrost

OG Child's Play is a Halloween tradition at my house, and has been since it came out.

• WretchedElk
    WretchedElk Member Posts: 311

Is The Ring a real rumour or is it just that I have said I want it enough that people are saying it’s real?

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428
    edited February 2021

As much as I don’t care for Candyman, you should have done your research. He does fit in, and is basically a supernatural slasher. Not to mention adding the bees in some form would add to his aesthetic.

As for Chucky, well that (as you said) is your opinion. He still remains at the top of the list of most popular requests for a DBD killer. He would be unique in the sense that there are no doll-like killers yet, is literally a slasher doll and iconic as far as classic horror movies is concerned. The survey below was done just 4 months ago.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Agree fully with the OP.

Can't for the life of me see why people want candyman and a doll

• AsherFrost

Ade due damballa. Give me the power I beg of you. Secoise entienne mais pois de morte. Morteisma lieu de vocuier de mieu vochette. Endonline pour de boisette damballa! Secoise entienne mais pois de morte. Endelieu pour de boisette damballa!!!

I can't for the life of me see why people want less variety in killers, instead of more.

• WretchedElk

THE BEES!!!!!!

(I wish I knew how to add an image of Nic Cage screaming that).

• Yords

I am not even mad in the slightest, but alright man. You probably should have read through this before calling us all racists which still wouldn't have made sense.

What I got from this was that I don't know what a fan base is and that all of the characters I said wouldn't fit should be in DBD because they represent horror.

I don't think this morphed into complaining about how the dev cater to the non-horror fan base since I was merely sharing my opinion.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    edited February 2021

My guess is they chose Tapp because Danny Glover was the "biggest name" Survivor from Saw. Most of the other actors were relatively unknown at the time I think.

I would've preferred Dr. Gordon as Survivor for sure. Or even make Amanda the Survivor and have Jigsaw be the Killer. Oh well.

• WretchedElk

They should have used Cary Elwes’ character. Then we could have had a Robin Hood: Men in Tights skin.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Hahah that would be great, I can't believe I forgot about that movie. That makes my point though, more people have probably seen Lethal Weapon than Robin Hood.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

my guess is that they chose him cuz his perks would make the most sense

tenacity- in the movie he chased jigsaw with an open throat

stake out- he snuck inside of gordons house while zep was in there holding gordons family hostage

detectives hunch-idk

again, none of this makes sense if you havent watched the movies

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

I agree, it's obviously the same guys hinting that Trapper is Jason and they do not know in depth, the slasher genre of the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and the new millennium...

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
  • KittyGirl586
    KittyGirl586 Member Posts: 14

A couple of people here are missing one important fact. Chucky would not work as he wouldn't be able to do things every other killer could, he'd be to small to grab from Windows or pallets, he'd be far too small to pick any survivors up to carry them to a hook, and he'd be miserable to play because he'd be so small and would be yet another basic knife killer, which there's already too many of

• DjangoTheGhostface

I didn't call you all racists i called you all sheep that's the whole point. You didn't give an opinion you regurgitated things zombies say which origins are racist

• Yords

"I didn't call you all racists i called you all sheep that's the whole point"

Your first comment contradicts this statement. "...like yeah we know you racist ######### dont like horror. ..."

I did give an opinion, a respectful one too. Please re-read the OP and a few of my other comments to see how respectful I was.

• DjangoTheGhostface

See by how desperately you're trying to convince me you gave an opinion its obvious you understand exactly what im saying lol.

It makes your whole not " im not a racist!" Dance really stupid because you understand that the opinions you gave are not your own...so is it for other random people? Thats kind of sad lol who cares

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 228

The reason why stunning works is because the entity makes them be stunned. It may not hurt them in their world but this isn't their world but the entity. Same with flashlight blinds.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

Being tall isnt a problem tho look at the plague next to a survivor, shes half of the height

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689

I totally agree. Candyman and FNAF do not belong in this game

• ricenorim
    ricenorim Member Posts: 31
    edited February 2021

He can jump up and smash the corner of the pallet down. He can jump or quickly crawl over the pallet. He could jump on the middle of the pallet 3 times and break it in half on the third. You just ain’t creative bro. Don’t say “it won’t work” just cuz you can’t figure out a way to make it work’. As for picking them up, why not make it so he grabs them by the two hands and drags them to the hook? The struggle and blocking features could all still work. Instead of hooks, it could be something else? The games hook and struggle mechanic is dated and annoying anyways. They can try to do some new stuff. Victor was them obviously experimenting for a smaller killer in the future!

• Johnny_XMan

@KittyGirl586

If you lack imagination yes I could see how he would not work.

• AsherFrost

Yeah, just another killer with a knife, nothing special at all...

Seriously go watch the original trilogy again.

• Yords

The devs would have to create loads of unique ways for him to work like all the other killers in every aspect, I doubt they would put in the effort to do this.

• I feel like Springtrap is getting sideeyed for all the wrong reasons- robots aren't possessed animatronics- the character is essentially a zombie in a mascot costume with a metal skeleton. Now, I'm not lobbying FOR the character but I'm far from AGAINST it. As for a power, like the hag, a plotted jumpscare trap would be pretty effective with something like a base 10 second aura reveal or stun and reveal. Let's face it, on the business side, FNAF = purchases

• Johnny_XMan
    edited February 2021

@Yords

If two years ago, you would have told me they were making a characters with 2 characters in one (Twins) I would have not believed you.

Now, not so much. The game has to evolve at some point.

Post edited by Johnny_XMan on
  • Tired_Bubba
    Tired_Bubba Member Posts: 21

In my opinion some of these could work and some couldn't.

I don't really understand the argument with fnaf though? It's a robot that wants to kill you I'm sure it would chase after you and anything would get stunned if you hit them with wood (although yes in most fnaf games the main scare is a jumpscare, which sure nowadays isn't scary but this doesn't mean if fnaf got added jumpscares would, and fnaf didn't start jumpscares it simply used them) in the new security breach trailer animatronics are seen chasing you so possibly after security breaches release will there even be thought of a chapter

Lady Dimitrescu and Chucky don't fit in my opinion, Dimitrescu cause well we don't know what the ######### she does, and yes she's probably like Nemesis or Jack Baker but it seems unlikely, instead of her we could get Jack Baker or Nemesis, even Mr.X (only these 4 cause there all from recent games and I doubt they'll add something from re5 or 4)

Chuckys debate is simple, he's too small like this size of Victor and if Victor's that small I don't believe Chucky will be added (but behavior has proven me wrong before)

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264

Yes OK, you are right of course - but that's why I said he's essentially a possessed doll. Because how is him transferring his spirit from his dying body into the body of a doll via voodoo REALLY that different from 'possessed doll'. Seems a bit nitpicky to me!

• AsherFrost
    edited February 2021

It's the difference between being forced into a form, and having the ability to force yourself into other's forms. I.e. a body swap mechanic. Annabelle, for instance has no lore that lets her conceivably take over a human body, even temporarily, neither can she canonically break limbs without making physical contact. She is just a possessed doll.

Chucky can canonically do those things, and more, making for the possibility of fun and unique game mechanics.

Post edited by AsherFrost on
  • ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

I especially agree with spring trap. FNAF is a stagnant game where the horror comes from you being unable to take action; you're stuck in a room. Meanwhile, in DBD, you can flashlight click and t-bag. It's thematic dissonance at its finest.

• TerminatorGuy
    TerminatorGuy Member Posts: 434

The RE8 lady is actually suggested? Mathieu Cote has described DBD as the "hall of fame" of horror icons. What has she done that has made an impact on the horror genre other than being thirst hype? That game hasn't even come out yet. Imagine getting your hands on a license that contains icons such as the likes of Nemesis and Mr.X, and you decide to bring Dumitrescu of all things. Would be a pretty unwise PR move. Icons>thirst hype

• Yords
    edited February 2021

I gave an opinion, my own opinion. I am not "desperately" trying to show you that, all I am saying is that is what I was doing. (" like yeah we know you racist ######### dont like horror" this is the part where you called everyone on the post out)

And you calling all of us (not just me) racist STILL doesn't make sense.

But by this comment, I can now understand that you are just clearly trying to get under my skin for literally no reason, not cool dude.

Post edited by Yords on
  • DjangoTheGhostface

"All of us"

.....who's all of us? Racists? I mean thats who i was talking about. In calling all racists racist and it doesn't make sense.

You know you admitted to me that for some reason this pisses you off which is why you're tripping over your words but then why dont you just stop looking at it and be quite lol. Like fr im not trying to be mean its just ######### lol. Tyler the creator has some good words on this