Wish The Event Could be Longer...

Hi, people of the fog.

I know the Devs already gave us two weeks to enjoy The Halloween Blight.
Sadly, I'm too busy at work to enjoy the event these two weeks...
I wish the Devs could extend duration of the event just a little bit, so I might get a chance to play it this weekend.

Does anyone feel the same as me?

Comments

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Even longer? 2 weeks is already too long imo

• Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    The event was two weeks. I'm not going to lie is probably the longest event I have witnessed from this company. The one thing that I had to do because I work from 8 to 5 almost every day is to try to aim to get at least three or four a day.

When it comes down to the event I'm sadly kind of happy it's leaving because it promoted some very evil plays from both sides.

Survivors would only try to get the orange juice first and then do anything else Dad could catch their attention span... then certain killers would literally play either hag or trapper just so they can booby-trap the absolute hell out of those things don't get me wrong it makes sense but

Near the end of the event certain pissed-off killers just started waving around mori's.

What is a fun event but some very shady things just happened
  • Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

I'd be fine with them extending the event if they got rid of that stupid friggin' canker plant noise in the menus. It just makes the noises in one ear while the game is loading and it's so annoying.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

2 days of this ######### show of an event was too long

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    BHVR should extend the event to Sunday to make up for the vial bugs, long queue times (yes they still exist), and the time lost from people celebrating Halloween.
  • Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

I only got 52 vials but now I am all cankered out. Happy for it to end.

I got complete hallowed wraith, trapper body and doctor head.
    Much like some of my real life clothes I will probably never wear them.

• Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513
    edited November 2018

@Countfunkular said:
    When it comes down to the event I'm sadly kind of happy it's leaving because it promoted some very evil plays from both sides.

That was kind of interesting though. Made life... interesting.

Although, yeah, I'm glad it's over. Had my fun, got my gear, and am now looking forward to a bit of normality.

Edit: Maybe would have liked a few more willows and glowing medkits on my P3 chars... but still.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    I just barely got my 60. Had to push to start getting 5 vials a night.

The BP bonuses were nice.
    The excuse to alter my play style as a killer was nice, too. I fear that may fade as do the flowers.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

My main dread now is life as a rank 5 killer with no cankers to keep the survivors busy....

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Wish the event had been shorter.

Waiting for over a week now for this mess to end

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@kh931623 said:
    Hi, people of the fog.

I know the Devs already gave us two weeks to enjoy The Halloween Blight.
    Sadly, I'm too busy at work to enjoy the event these two weeks...
    I wish the Devs could extend duration of the event just a little bit, so I might get a chance to play it this weekend.

Does anyone feel the same as me?

Im only able to be online every 2 weekends and my first weekend was the beginning of the event and I only got 3 pieces of skins, 2 of huntress's, 1 of claudettes, so this would be EXTREMELY smart for the boosted bloodpoints

• Link
    Link Member Posts: 135

I'd rather not. The fact that survivors need to do a whole other task to get their vials has made it super easy for killers, and it's also promoted some pretty nasty stuff.

• Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    @Eight
    Well there's not much else to say.
    The devs try their hardest to make an event that couldn't be sabotage but the fans always find a way.

Killers
     would always use the perks iron grasp and agitation.
    If they wanted to be extra mean they would go for Trapper or Worse hag with the meanest add-ons possible and just Camp the flowers and do nothing else.

Survivors.
    These sons of bitches would run halfway across the map in a straight line far away from any of the flower hooks.

Believe me when I tell you that the barbecue was toxic and was a heck of a lot worse but it didn't force people to want to quit out of the game after they get their objective done...did it

• Eight

@Countfunkular said:
    Well there's not much else to say.
    The devs try their hardest to make an event that couldn't be sabotage but the fans always find a way.

Sadly, true. "We" had an opportunity to play nice (not necessarily farm, just be a bit more forgiving), for everyone's benefit, but "we" didn't.

Killers had no choice but to run those perks - can't blame them for that - those hooks spawned horribly. Personally, I never* pulled anyone off a plant... but it happened to me as a survivor all the time. It's part of the game, of course. But as a survivor, if I noticed a killer had the opportunity to hit me while I was harvesting, but chose not to, I'd make sure he got repaid. Even if they didn't, I didn't wiggle on my way to an event hook or use DS.

Bond was a fascinating perk to run during this event, just to see how far people would go to harvest serum at the expense of their teammates.

Believe me when I tell you that the barbecue was toxic and was a heck of a lot worse but it didn't force people to want to quit out of the game after they get their objective done...did it

Yeah, the BBQ one didn't have half the problems. But it also pretty dull for survivors... doing gens... well, I was going to anyway, obviously. :)

*Unnecessary story behind this one. It's technically incorrect for me to say "never"... but we're talking about killers deliberately stopping people harvesting, which I never did.

• Eight

IMO The biggest mistake in this event was making the outfit rewards too grand. So much effort went into the Blight skins that they had to make them available in the store... so they indirectly placed a monetary value on harvesting serum.

Surprise surprise, when real money was a factor everyone prioritised harvesting and a lot of people seemed to take pleasure in denying others.