Killer that can turn back time 3 seconds????

Options

Comments

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827
    Options

I thought it was the survivor too until this teaser video. I dunno man, a lot of things in this game are three seconds, like stuns and flashlight saves, seems odd to have it go back to 0 at exactly 3 seconds

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

It may be the killers chase music as well. I kinda doubt its a rewind time ability. That could be bonkers really easily

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

It's actually 3:19 if you look closely (at least there's the highest I saw)

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

That would actually be so cool though, however I am not sure BHVR would do something like that.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 872
    Options

5:07 on the second loop;p

But I’ll bet $319 and praise the Mightee One that there definitely won’t be any rewinding of time between pvp interactions..

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,430
    Options

I really hope it's a rewind time ability, that would be sick. I also love high skill ceiling killer powers. You'd be trying to chase them in a way to manipulate them into your location a few second in the past. Then you may have people make poor pathing anticipating you rewinding for you to instead just keep going and m1 them.

Similar situation to survivors positioning themselves badly and getting zoned for an m1 from Huntress because they were so concerned with avoiding a hatchet.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 872
    Options

Hear me out.. Mightee One or M1 is actually 31😲

Okay now go all Jim Carey Number 23 and let’s hear those theories:p lol

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Lol nice reference to an obscure movie most people hated lol.

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

Most likely this is hacker, not the killer, but the survivor.

• Volfgang57
    Volfgang57 Member Posts: 369
    Options

Unless it resets everything in the trial (like pallets, totems, health states, etc) I don't think it would be a good idea. For example, if it didn't reset things you could hit someone, let them run a bit, rewind time, and hit them again. Same with pallets. They could drop a pallet, you rewind time to reset the survivor's position, but now the pallet is gone. That would mean the game would also constantly have to be recording everything that happens in a trial, and eh, I don't know if that would work.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

It's obvious,

We get Tracer from Overwatch as a Kpop idol

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options
  • KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

The new killer will be able to place 'markers' on the map, and rewind to them at an increased speed. Like you can set a marker at a generator, chase a survivor, then 'return' to the generator at a movement speed of 13.33 m/s. Basically Nurse, but with predetermined locations set up ahead of time.

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335
    Options

Some weird things with the timer: it doesn't seem to be measuring seconds (they are longer than seconds, I'm pretty sure). Also, the "centiseconds" (hundredths of a second) go up to 24 (not 99) before resetting.

As far as a rewind-based power, they could definitely do something with rewinding generator/healing progress. Rewinding survivor movement or something crazy like that? Doubtful.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Time manipulation would be nearly impossible to balance well (and no matter how you implement it people will see it as broken). I dont see it possible to manipulate time honestly but it sounds fun to use (but awful to go against )

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Not gonna lie it's the most hyped I've been for a chapter since the Silent Hill one. Excluding Silent Hill I haven't been this hyped for a chapter ever I don't think.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589
    Options

Better make A projectile killer, or a lunge killer, or a debuff killer.

Dbd killers are focking boring. Look at Identity V killer abilities. My most favorite are Bloody Queen and Joseph

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494
    Options

Someone like bloody queen functions way better being in third person as her ability requires a higher sense of awareness and positioning. It could work in dead by daylight but she would be very similar to nurse as in the right hands there is nothing you can do to counter them but newer players to her will absolutely get bullied into the ground.