What do you guys feel like is a killer sided map

Pretty simple self explanstory question. I hear alot of differing opinions on what really qualifies as a “killer sided map”. Usually i see survivors say indoor maps are killer sided, but some killers say its really uncomfortable. What do you guys think.

Comments

• N851
    N851 Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2021

I'd say maps like suffocation pitt that have 3 gens on each side and 1 or 2 gens in the middle are kinda killer sided bc that is an automatic 3 gen, but I also feel like it depends on the survivors you get for those kinds of maps.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,711

Dead Dawg Saloon. It's a very small map, the gens are all pretty close together and the edges don't have a ton going on. The central building can be a strong loop but you can tone it down a little by breaking some key doors. Basement spawns are also pretty close together near the center of the map.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

For me it is totally Midwich. Even if the killer bungles and lets all 5 gens be repaired, the exit gates are always in the same location and way too easy to patrol back and forth across that middle courtyard with no obstacles to get in the way. It’s also very difficult to hide once you begin the opening procedure.

• DTJObe
    DTJObe Member Posts: 170

As a killer main, the one map I always feel that I have an advantage on (assuming I'm not fat shamed) is Sanctum of Wrath. High vantage point, small area, plenty of ways to sneak up on survivors.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295
    edited February 2021

Dead Dawg Saloon - It's small, open fields, generators are close and the only threat you really have is a survivor crouching in a bush. Most of the pallets are unsafe and the distance from each pallet is massive. Not to mention the sightlines on this map are huge. Once you're in the middle of the map as the killer if you don't see a survivor in a direction it's basically a guess on which of the 3 major structures are they hiding behind. In my eyes regardless of killer this is the most killer sided map in the game.

You see that Noose offering that's used for the map? It's a metaphor for the survivors because getting that map versus a good killer is basically a death sentence.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Choke point maps such as Azarovs and oni map are especially tough when killer has advantage. But indoor maps for trap placement killer such as Freddy, hag, and trapper are really really deadly.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

There kind of isn't any, not in general.

For example, Dead Dawg Saloon. Super killer sided, right? God-tier map. Unless the killer has no anti-stealth and/or the survivors know how to play the loops. Then it's GG EZ.

Hawkins. Crap pallets, crap windows. No potential, right? Except many survivors have figured out how to chain tiles that are individually weak but quietly become infinites, plus there's just some good hidden tiles that get buffed by open doorways, or closed doorways. And come in as Huntress or Blight and it's just a big ol' nope.

Azarovs Resting Place. Okay, this one is just killer-sided no matter who you are or what you have. This is a map killers lose on because they played nice, not because they got outplayed.

Shelter Woods, or as I like to call it, Hold W Central. Shite loops, but it's just so BIG! Bring in any killer with bad mobility and it's another GG EZ.

Let's go a little more controversial. Grim Pantry. Most people consider this the more survivor-sided of the two swamp maps. But as Trapper, I drool all over myself when I see this name on my screen. I get Grim Pantry and I'm in heaven. I would honestly choose this map over almost any other map in the game to play Trapper on, even despite the trap spawns.

My point isnt that these maps are survivor-sided. I'm not claiming that. I am trying to point out that the uniformity of survivors makes it easy to make a blanket statement about survivor-sided maps, but killers have too much diversity, and what one character or build may love, another will despise.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,723

Dead Dog is pretty easy to 3-4 gen in that back corner. The loops there are also very bad excluding the house which as killer you can pretty much ignore most of the time.

Azarov's depending on how the map spawns, it is in my opinion the most killer sided map in the game. I've only gotten the map once or twice since the rework so I don't know if they fixed it but it used to be possible to have 4 gens spawn on one side with the middle gen spawning close to that side as well for a 5 gen hell that makes in near impossible to win as survivor. That was super rare though but it was pretty common to have 4 gens on a single side which is still just as bad if you overly guard them.

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593

Hawkins way too many bad pallets no safe vaults and the doors are just across from each other so a killer with good speed has a chance to catch you at any door easy

• edgardot02
    edgardot02 Member Posts: 149

Whenever I play on that map I start braking all doors of main building, that helps a lot.

I waste more time if I brake those doors while chasing.

• JesterClown
    JesterClown Member Posts: 225

Thats kind of what I feel to be honest, some maps are just not terrible for us

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,062

There are no Killer sided maps. There are maps that are good for very specific builds, but there is no map that is just good for Killers in general, unlike how there are maps that are just bad for Killers in general.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2021

Actually killer sided I’d say Azerovs as it’s smaller, easy choke point and essentially all about the 3 gen which isn’t unreasonable to pull off. Potentially Sanctum as well. That’s about it. There are some others that come close but they end up with too many other factors that can push it one way or another like what killer you’re running/perks/survivors. The aforementioned maps are typically good killer maps regardless of most factors. I actually don’t find the indoor maps as bad as most people do, I just think a lot of people play them poorly.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

My opinion may be wrong for other people but i think is Midwich Elementary School.

Since the killer can see gens auras and can check any hallway frequently, it makes it very hard to finish a gen and be aware of where the killer is.

We can hear the killer terror radius from the second floor and they can hear if someone is working up there.

The map is not suitable for every killer but they can do a decent job of checking every corner when needed. Mostly with 2 survivors on the hooks in the same hallway.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

Dead Dawg Saloon, Azarov's Resting Place

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    edited February 2021

Hawkin's and Midwich because the gens are so well hidden.

Azarov's and Sanctum of Wrath a.k.a Azarov's 2 are the easiest to 3 gen imo.

Shelter Woods because.. well half the map is dead zone.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Also honorable mention to Wrecker's Yard, only because the basement is so centralized that you can win the match off a single basement hook depending on the Killer you're playing.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

No map is generally killer sided.

However some maps CAN spawn with mostly deadzones (Shelter Woods, some Azarov maps) but even then it's an rng issue because I've seen legit god-loops on Shelter Woods and reworked Azarov maps like multiple long wall jungle gyms right next to each other with unmindgameable pallets in between and killer shack near-by.

That seems ridiculous considering the very same maps can spawn with a bunch of T-L walls and no pallets in between.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

All of them. If the killer knows what they are doing, all maps are killer sided. Most killers don't know how to mind game. Maps have been heavy nerfed for new killers to play against so now most maps are too killer sided with deadzones, not enough pallets on some.

The new Ormond has nothing but unsafe pallets.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2021

Sanctum of Wrath, Azarov's and Suffocation Pit, they usually have 3 or 4 gens in a side being very easy to 3 gen.

Midwich, Hawkins and Lery's, very small and indoor, its easy to get close to Survivors without them knowing where you are coming from and surprise them, they also have hard to find gens.

Coal Tower, extremely easy to 3-4 gen and the main building is not very good once you get the breakable walls out.

Shelter Woods, no pallets, no LoS blockers except the gyms, easy to reach basement and no main bulding (not even a weak one).

Certain variations of Grim Pantry and Family Residence, for Pantry if you get the 2 gen pier spawn with 2 other gen at each side of the Shack and for Yamaoka the 3gen near the main building plus one near the northern L shaped border of the map are almost impossible not to 3gen them (also Family Residence has few pallets overall). Even if both maps are very good for stealth the fact those 2 variations have such strong 4gen setups with few pallets near said gen zones can make them extremely easy to win.