The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What are you most excited for in the big June update?

Comments

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@weirdkid5 said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@weirdkid5 said: Looping is an unintended side effect caused by bad game design that caused survivors to teleport, their hitboxes are smaller which negates the Killers speed bonus, and the stun was made to be the beginning of the animation instead of the end. This created looping as an unintended side effect of pallet changes, in other words, they are fixing it because it was never meant to be in the first place.

You do realize that looping existed before those changes to pallets and the hitboxes right?

Sure it was harder to loop back then but it was still an effective tool to help slow the killer down and buy time for your team.

Saying it was never meant to be intended in the first place screams dishonestly.

When I refer to looping I specifically refer to the nonsense that is possible nowadays. Yes I know running circles around objects has always been a thing. But as you said, it was harder and required a modicum of risk.

Looping is risk free. Don't call me dishonest just cause I use it in a different context.

Saying it was never to be intended in the first place where it was quite cleary used by players regardless of how difficult it was is being dishonest.

That's like me saying camping should never be considered a tactic to use in this game despite the clear fact there's a perk that encourages camping.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@Antero said:
    @hegewaldd Ranking up is stressfull? If You really tryahrd and know how to win and how emblem system works You have no problem with ranking up. We just want survivors to feel less confident, and for the game to be challenging not only for a single site ;)

Feeling less confident and feeling stressful is not the same thing. I have more difficulty as a survivor than killer. I'm wearing legacy? tunnel. I play with my friend? Camped. I pallet loop? facecamped. I save someone? injured person doesn't get tunneled, i do. I don't wear legacy? camped because of pallet looping still. It's like no matter what i do i pretty much have to play a 4 man team just to have the slightest of fun. I don't really think killer is stressful because you can just sit back a relax.

This game isn't balanced toward 4ks every game. Don't take it so seriously.

This is a joke right? I literally have no problems surviving as a solo survivor. I never play SWF and I play the same no matter what. Hell I can rank up without ever using any perks. Methinks you just cant adapt well to the game.

Relax as Killers? Maybe now but not in the past. It should be easier for a Killer to pip up, but a good team of survivors will still always wreck a good killer. This is pretty much a given.

Do I need to give you several clips from my stream of me surviving no problem solo, against people like Legaculy Trappers who tunnel me for 3 minutes and I still manage to break the chase and keep going? Camped, tunneled, all of these problems can be fixed if you simply get better at the game and drop the chase.

I'm sure you're one of these survivors that thinks good killers are impossible to lose.

1st. legacy does not = skill. I have no idea why you're mentioning a legacy 3 trapper that you've juked. I have juked many, many legacy killers. Doesn't mean they're any better, just means they were around in 2016.

2nd. It should be easier for killers to rank up? Are you actually dumb? It's SO EASY for killers to rank up right now....braindead easy.

3rd. So basically your entire argument is that i should just break chases instead of these issues being actually looked at?

:thinking:

1. Legacy implies game time. When you have a Legacy Trapper that downs your whole team in 30 seconds and is a relentless chaser, you know he's a pro.

2. Yes it should be easier. It's a 4v1. This automatically means a survivor should have to work at least twice as hard as the killer. Not to mention you need to give specifics on why it is easy. You just say its it's easy.

3. What issues? Camping? Camping isnt an issue. Tunneling isnt an issue.

So he's a legacy 3 who downed your whole team in 30 seconds? So you didn't juke him? so you lied? ah, okay, gotcha.

The only time a survivor doesn't have to work twice as hard as a killer is swf, because this game is not balanced around swf and never was.

Camping is a big enough issue to introduce band aids like bt and side unhooking. So it's not an issue, right?

For the record, Devour Hope, Make Your Choice, and BBQ-C were also all added to discourage camping... Even the way Whispers works discourages camping.

Any mechanic that politely asks you to step away from the hook attempts to discourage camping. It just doesn't work when the killer is insecure about getting kills, believes that players are nearby, or the killer wants to spite/bully/punish a particular player.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@Mc_Harty said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@weirdkid5 said: Looping is an unintended side effect caused by bad game design that caused survivors to teleport, their hitboxes are smaller which negates the Killers speed bonus, and the stun was made to be the beginning of the animation instead of the end. This created looping as an unintended side effect of pallet changes, in other words, they are fixing it because it was never meant to be in the first place.

You do realize that looping existed before those changes to pallets and the hitboxes right?

Sure it was harder to loop back then but it was still an effective tool to help slow the killer down and buy time for your team.

Saying it was never meant to be intended in the first place screams dishonestly.

When I refer to looping I specifically refer to the nonsense that is possible nowadays. Yes I know running circles around objects has always been a thing. But as you said, it was harder and required a modicum of risk.

Looping is risk free. Don't call me dishonest just cause I use it in a different context.

Saying it was never to be intended in the first place where it was quite cleary used by players regardless of how difficult it was is being dishonest.

That's like me saying camping should never be considered a tactic to use in this game despite the clear fact there's a perk that encourages camping.

Not really. I can't be dishonest about looping in its current form when it did not exist prior to update 1.1.1, which is when looping as we know it now to become possible.

You could run in circles around a pallet all you want. I don't consider it "looping." Looping as it is now was not an intended feature. They changed how pallets worked in 1.1.1 mostly to address lag related issues to pallets, but it ended up causing a mess.

• SteveyTheExEevee
    SteveyTheExEevee Member Posts: 82

@weirdkid5 said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Mc_Harty said:

Not really. I can't be dishonest about looping in its current form when it did not exist prior to update 1.1.1, which is when looping as we know it now to become possible.

You could run in circles around a pallet all you want. I don't consider it "looping." Looping as it is now was not an intended feature. They changed how pallets worked in 1.1.1 mostly to address lag related issues to pallets, but it ended up causing a mess.

Erm... yes it did? people were whining about survivors using "Jungle Gyms" and infinitely extending a chase for survivors they choose to tunnel since 2016 when all we had were three killers. Looping always existed and it needs to. Killers shouldn't be entitled to win a chase just cause they decided to charge headlong at a survivor infinitely and breaking LOS would be impossible.

• Mc_Harty
    edited May 2018

@weirdkid5 said:

It did exist, it was just harder.

There you go being dishonest again.

Looping is a feature in this game. How else are the survivors currently supposed to stall a killer like 'The Nightmare'?

Is it a mess right now? Yes.

Should it be adjusted? Absolutely.

Don't feign ignorance just because you disagree with how the majority of the community decides how to play the game.

• SteveyTheExEevee
    SteveyTheExEevee Member Posts: 82

@Mc_Harty said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Looping is a feature in this game. How else are the survivors currently supposed to stall a killer like 'The Nightmare'?

Don't feign ignorance just because you disagree with how the majority of the community decides how to play the game.

If they're gonna "nerf" or "adjust it" as hard as the june update coming ...again, they really need to increase stealth and make it work much better, otherwise survivors are just gonna lose chases because of lack of pallets.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    New killer and nurse cosmetic though I love the Doctors new cosmetic :)
  • KwwB
    KwwB Member Posts: 75

Honestly I think I'm mostly looking forward to a new map. I love the direction maps have taken for the most part since Of Flesh and Mud chapter.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

The new killer, possibly.
    I'm not that interested by the vacuum removal since I feel like the trade-off will be huge.

• Visionmaker
    edited May 2018

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@Antero said:
    @hegewaldd Ranking up is stressfull? If You really tryahrd and know how to win and how emblem system works You have no problem with ranking up. We just want survivors to feel less confident, and for the game to be challenging not only for a single site ;)

Feeling less confident and feeling stressful is not the same thing. I have more difficulty as a survivor than killer. I'm wearing legacy? tunnel. I play with my friend? Camped. I pallet loop? facecamped. I save someone? injured person doesn't get tunneled, i do. I don't wear legacy? camped because of pallet looping still. It's like no matter what i do i pretty much have to play a 4 man team just to have the slightest of fun. I don't really think killer is stressful because you can just sit back a relax.

This is a joke right? I literally have no problems surviving as a solo survivor. I never play SWF and I play the same no matter what. Hell I can rank up without ever using any perks. Methinks you just cant adapt well to the game.

Relax as Killers? Maybe now but not in the past. It should be easier for a Killer to pip up, but a good team of survivors will still always wreck a good killer. This is pretty much a given.

Do I need to give you several clips from my stream of me surviving no problem solo, against people like Legaculy Trappers who tunnel me for 3 minutes and I still manage to break the chase and keep going? Camped, tunneled, all of these problems can be fixed if you simply get better at the game and drop the chase.

I'm sure you're one of these survivors that thinks good killers are impossible to lose.

1st. legacy does not = skill. I have no idea why you're mentioning a legacy 3 trapper that you've juked. I have juked many, many legacy killers. Doesn't mean they're any better, just means they were around in 2016.

2nd. It should be easier for killers to rank up? Are you actually dumb? It's SO EASY for killers to rank up right now....braindead easy.

3rd. So basically your entire argument is that i should just break chases instead of these issues being actually looked at?

1. Legacy implies game time. When you have a Legacy Trapper that downs your whole team in 30 seconds and is a relentless chaser, you know he's a pro.

2. Yes it should be easier. It's a 4v1. This automatically means a survivor should have to work at least twice as hard as the killer. Not to mention you need to give specifics on why it is easy. You just say its it's easy.

So he's a legacy 3 who downed your whole team in 30 seconds? So you didn't juke him? so you lied? ah, okay, gotcha.

The only time a survivor doesn't have to work twice as hard as a killer is swf, because this game is not balanced around swf and never was.

Camping is a big enough issue to introduce band aids like bt and side unhooking. So it's not an issue, right?

I said my whole team. I didnt say me. But nice try. I can throw you the link for the clip if you are really that desperate to be proven wrong.

The survivor never had to work twice as hard until the Emblem system came about. Which, in my opinion as a survivor main, finally made this game relatively as difficult to pip as I initially imagined it to be. Emblem system is just fine. But like I said I'd still adjust a few things.

They only introduced stuff like that cause baby survivors keep whining about it. BT got a much needed nerf and side hooking was made to stop facecamping, which is the ONLY time I think camping is scummy. All other camping is fine imo. Camping was an intended thing from Day 1, as old tutorials explicitly state "keep them on the hook to sacrifice them." Ok so camp, I got it thanks for telling me game.

If the Killer downs you and hooks you, you have effectively lost. He isnt obligated to let you be saved nor is your team obligated to even save you in the first place. One of the selling points of the game is "work with your team... or don't." This isn't a team game in the first place and people have lost that vision.

You're part of the team, moron. You and your fellow survivors are a team.

So baby survivors kept whining about camping, and that's why it got fixed?
    And guess what? Baby killers whined about pallets, and those got nerfed.

No, getting downed and getting hooked is not losing. I have NO clue where you got that from. And if survivors shouldn't feel obligated to be unhooked, why do killers feel obligated to 4 kills every round? You act as if survivors should 1) not be able to enjoy their game 2) give up when they get hooked 3) not discuss legit problems that glare in the game. Camping is an issue, you don't know what you're talking about.

According to you issues shouldn't be talked about. Infinites weren't an issue then, right? Killers are just being whiny cry babies, right? Your whole entire argument is invalid. I don't know where you're trying to go with this.

Incorrect. This is not entirely a team game hence my last paragraph. Sorry to disappoint you.

Camping is intended and it was made more difficult via a perk. Looping is an unintended side effect caused by bad game design that caused survivors to teleport, their hitboxes are smaller which negates the Killers speed bonus, and the stun was made to be the beginning of the animation instead of the end. This created looping as an unintended side effect of pallet changes, in other words, they are fixing it because it was never meant to be in the first place.

Same thing with infinites. They were never intended to be in the game and give the survivors as much safety as they do. Camping was intended but was too powerful. These are two completely different scenarios. I completely know what I'm talking about, I dont think you do.

And as far as your second paragraph, any survivor that expects to escape every round is as much of an idiot as a Killer that expects to 4 kill every game, but good job continuing to assume my stances. And yea, if you get hooked you effectively lose. This is due to the fact camping is intended and if the Killer wants you to die, but if you're simply going enough to break the chase you wont have to worry about getting camped. Not to mention camping is pretty much the Killet throwing the game for the rest of the survivors.

Sounds to me like you have this us vs them mentality that many players of this community have. We all play the same game.

Where is your proof that camping was intended? one tutorial is your proof? Nice evidence. You don't lose if you get hooked.

Exactly. You cant lose if you dont get hooked. You LOSE if you get hooked but have a CHANCE to come back

And one tutorial is all I need, but if you want further evidence camping is intended, look up Dev Diary #3 which was made before the game came out. In this video they explicitly talk about camping.

Boy did they regret it. Kindred, BT, MYC, BBQ-C, Devour Hope, and even Whispers works against camping.

Insidious is the only direct implementation that promotes camping.

Camping is the epitome of terrible game design. What do you have to do to kill a survivor? Stand in front of them for two minutes... To erase a player from the game. How exciting. Such a great addition to the game. Watching a killer's sweaty ass neck while mashing away at the spacebar.

Really strikes fear into my heart. /s

I have no pity for players who whine and moan about pallet looping, tbagging, DS/SB/SC, and end-game chat abuse, meanwhile they're defending the most anti-fun bullying tactic in the game.

• UltraX
    UltraX Member Posts: 30

Can't wait to experience the new game balance. After all, you will have to play to unlock customizations unless you pay for them.

• Rellewd
    Rellewd Member Posts: 195
    edited May 2018

I always look forward to new content, I do like new killer perks the most though myself.

• HookMeDaddy
    HookMeDaddy Member Posts: 13

Looking forward to seeing what the store has to offer. Hopefully Dev Team will be open to custom cosmetics as well!

• ChapperzTV
    ChapperzTV Member Posts: 1

I'm looking forward to the store and new cosmetics, but also bug feature fixes.

• BogdanNEK
    BogdanNEK Member Posts: 65

@sorrowen said:
    New killer and nurse cosmetic though I love the Doctors new cosmetic :)

Me too

• weirdkid5

@Mc_Harty said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Hence why I said "looping in its current form." Sorry we are arguing semantics here, but it's pretty petty.

And I can waste the time of a killer for 3 minutes and never loop a single time. It's called being good at the game.

• weirdkid5
    edited May 2018

@Visionmaker said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@Antero said:

I said my whole team. I didnt say me. But nice try. I can throw you the link for the clip if you are really that desperate to be proven wrong.

The survivor never had to work twice as hard until the Emblem system came about. Which, in my opinion as a survivor main, finally made this game relatively as difficult to pip as I initially imagined it to be. Emblem system is just fine. But like I said I'd still adjust a few things.

They only introduced stuff like that cause baby survivors keep whining about it. BT got a much needed nerf and side hooking was made to stop facecamping, which is the ONLY time I think camping is scummy. All other camping is fine imo. Camping was an intended thing from Day 1, as old tutorials explicitly state "keep them on the hook to sacrifice them." Ok so camp, I got it thanks for telling me game.

If the Killer downs you and hooks you, you have effectively lost. He isnt obligated to let you be saved nor is your team obligated to even save you in the first place. One of the selling points of the game is "work with your team... or don't." This isn't a team game in the first place and people have lost that vision.

No, getting downed and getting hooked is not losing. I have NO clue where you got that from. And if survivors shouldn't feel obligated to be unhooked, why do killers feel obligated to 4 kills every round? You act as if survivors should 1) not be able to enjoy their game 2) give up when they get hooked 3) not discuss legit problems that glare in the game. Camping is an issue, you don't know what you're talking about.

According to you issues shouldn't be talked about. Infinites weren't an issue then, right? Killers are just being whiny cry babies, right? Your whole entire argument is invalid. I don't know where you're trying to go with this.

Incorrect. This is not entirely a team game hence my last paragraph. Sorry to disappoint you.

Camping is intended and it was made more difficult via a perk. Looping is an unintended side effect caused by bad game design that caused survivors to teleport, their hitboxes are smaller which negates the Killers speed bonus, and the stun was made to be the beginning of the animation instead of the end. This created looping as an unintended side effect of pallet changes, in other words, they are fixing it because it was never meant to be in the first place.

Same thing with infinites. They were never intended to be in the game and give the survivors as much safety as they do. Camping was intended but was too powerful. These are two completely different scenarios. I completely know what I'm talking about, I dont think you do.

And as far as your second paragraph, any survivor that expects to escape every round is as much of an idiot as a Killer that expects to 4 kill every game, but good job continuing to assume my stances. And yea, if you get hooked you effectively lose. This is due to the fact camping is intended and if the Killer wants you to die, but if you're simply going enough to break the chase you wont have to worry about getting camped. Not to mention camping is pretty much the Killet throwing the game for the rest of the survivors.

Sounds to me like you have this us vs them mentality that many players of this community have. We all play the same game.

Where is your proof that camping was intended? one tutorial is your proof? Nice evidence. You don't lose if you get hooked.

Exactly. You cant lose if you dont get hooked. You LOSE if you get hooked but have a CHANCE to come back

And one tutorial is all I need, but if you want further evidence camping is intended, look up Dev Diary #3 which was made before the game came out. In this video they explicitly talk about camping.

Boy did they regret it. Kindred, BT, MYC, BBQ-C, Devour Hope, and even Whispers works against camping.

Camping is the epitome of terrible game design. What do you have to do to kill a survivor? Stand in front of them for two minutes... To erase a player from the game. How exciting. Such a great addition to the game. Watching a killer's sweaty ass neck while mashing away at the spacebar.

I have no pity for players who whine and moan about pallet looping, tbagging, DS/SB/SC, and end-game chat abuse, meanwhile they're defending the most anti-fun bullying tactic in the game.

I defend intended mechanics in any game as long as they aren't super overpowered. Funny how I'm a survivor main and it works like that right?

And wait, did you actually throw end-game chat abuse in the same category as gameplay issues? Man I see I still can't take people seriously.

• Mc_Harty

@weirdkid5 said:

Hence why I said "looping in its current form." Sorry we are arguing semantics here, but it's pretty petty.

And I can waste the time of a killer for 3 minutes and never loop a single time. It's called being good at the game.

Imagine bragging about being good at a game with no direct win/lose conditions.

It's embarrassing.

And he calls me petty.

• weirdkid5

@Mc_Harty said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Imagine bragging about being good at a game with no direct win/lose conditions.

It's embarrassing.

And he calls me petty.

There is a direct win/lose condition. It's called pipping and depipping. Have you tried playing the game? If so, just because you don't recognize it as a win/lose condition doesn't mean one doesn't exist.

• Vecors
    Vecors Member Posts: 67

Hopefully fresh air for both, vivor and killer. From a killer perspective - i wish for a buff for basically every killer so they are competitive as well as a nerf for nurse so there is actually a feel of accomplishment if you 4k - it feels good to steamroll swfs, but its way too trivial against solo survivors and kinda feels bad in a way if that makes sense. From a survivor perspective - pretty much the same - making other killers competitive - better matchmaking - better balancing for solo queue (im tired of getting 2 r20s in my team as r1 gainst a r1 killer - that happens way too often).

Oh, and also the shop - i like to throw my money away :p

• Mc_Harty
    edited May 2018

@weirdkid5 said:

There is a direct win/lose condition. It's called pipping and depipping. Have you tried playing the game? If so, just because you don't recognize it as a win/lose condition doesn't mean one doesn't exist.

That defines ranking not victory conditions.

Survivors can rank even if they live or die.

Killers can rank even if they barely get 1 kill.

Pipping does not equate to performance or winning. It shows how much time you've played in the game.

Try harder.

• weirdkid5
    edited May 2018

@Mc_Harty said:

@weirdkid5 said:

That defines ranking not victory conditions.

Survivors can rank even if they live or die.

Killers can rank even if they barely get 1 kill.

Try harder.

In pretty much any video game, when you "rank up," you must meet the victory conditions to do so. In no game can you lose and rank up. This means that this game grades you on more than just survival and more than just killing, which it does. Victory can be seen as "Pleasing the Entity," given by Killer win screens. They are attempting to entertain the Entity, whereas Survivors are ranked based on their ability to survive and complete objectives, and generally being an asset to the team.

This means this game's victory conditions are different than most games. You "win" when you complete enough of what you need to do to pip up. They've made this clear with the Emblem System, Survival and Killing isn't the main goal anymore. It's how you perform. Whether you agree with this or not is irrelevant, this is a fact of the Ranking System, especially since it was designed to be used in Tournaments. Meaning, once more, victory conditions have extended past surviving and Killing. Which is exactly why you can still safety pip or even down pip upon Surviving.

Try harder.

• MonitorZero
    MonitorZero Member Posts: 14

Balance. Everything else is just cosmetic which does nothing for the game.

• Visionmaker
    edited May 2018

@weirdkid5 said:

@Visionmaker said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@Antero said:

I defend intended mechanics in any game as long as they aren't super overpowered. Funny how I'm a survivor main and it works like that right?

And wait, did you actually throw end-game chat abuse in the same category as gameplay issues? Man I see I still can't take people seriously.

Right... because a method to deliver punishment to players and ruin their experience has any reason to stay... Because you think it's not "overpowered". You're misconstruing camping as a method to win, rather than acknowledging it as a method to humiliate.

Oh yes, because being a survivor main makes your opinion any more valid.

? People misuse mechanics to harass players and make their game experience less enjoyable. You're welcome to provide any sort of valid retort.

• Mc_Harty

@weirdkid5 said:
    In pretty much any video game, when you "rank up," you must meet the victory conditions to do so. In no game can you lose and rank up.

In this one you can apparently. Did you forget?

This means that this game grades you on more than just survival and more than just killing, which it does.

'You didn't succeed your role therefore have a pip to accommodate for all the work you've done.'

So its not a direct victory condition then. Its an abstract one.

Victory can be seen as "Pleasing the Entity," given by Killer win screens.

There are 4 victory conditions by 'Pleasing the Entity'. You can't have 4 based victory conditions on one side of a asymmetrical game such as this and say that's direct.

Look at Death Garden. Its victory conditions are direct. Kill 3 runners. In Dead by Daylight it's Kill as many as possible.

Hell there are some players that don't even use this as a rule and go for Blood points instead.

They are attempting to entertain the Entity, whereas Survivors are ranked based on their ability to survive and complete objectives, and generally being an asset to the team.

This games ranks are not based on their ability to survive lol.

I have no idea where you gathered that information from..

This means this game's victory conditions are different than most games. You "win" when you complete enough of what you need to do to pip up.

So its not ######### direct at all.

'Do enough of what you need to do to rank up'

Not, 'play as skilled as you can' or 'win enough matches'

Just do whatever and rank up. Did you even proof read this?

They've made this clear with the Emblem System, Survival and Killing isn't the main goal anymore.

Only for the killer side.

It never was for survivor. You know, the role you bragged about not looping?

Such an accomplishment.

It's how you perform. Whether you agree with this or not is irrelevant, this is a fact of the Ranking System, especially since it was designed to be used in Tournaments.

Lol tournaments?

That's your reasoning that the ranking system is a direct win/lose condition?

Which tournaments?

In Tydes tournaments they use a point system not rank to measure victories against the teams. Guess points are used as a a factor of winning now.

Hell there was one tournament I saw which looked at how many survivors escaped the match. There is currently no tournament to my knowledge that looks at ranking up as a win condition.

So once again.

Try harder.

• Phi
    Phi Member Posts: 8

Nea costume hype.

• Grandma
    Grandma Member Posts: 36

Mostly the shop and the new currencies and being able to buy characters with my playtime. The June update won't have any balance changes really, that comes halfway between June and September. This includes D-strike, hatch closing, all that jazz.

• TheKrazyTurkey
    TheKrazyTurkey Member Posts: 3
    flashy cosmetics all over the place ! ! ! 
  • CalledCervidae
    CalledCervidae Member Posts: 22

I look forward to the killer! Already got 1 mil points in the bank for him. If he's what I think he is, (A Lion Tamer) Then Im so stoked!

• weirdkid5

@Mc_Harty said:

@weirdkid5 said:
    In pretty much any video game, when you "rank up," you must meet the victory conditions to do so. In no game can you lose and rank up.

In this one you can apparently. Did you forget?

This means that this game grades you on more than just survival and more than just killing, which it does.

'You didn't succeed your role therefore have a pip to accommodate for all the work you've done.'

So its not a direct victory condition then. Its an abstract one.

Victory can be seen as "Pleasing the Entity," given by Killer win screens.

There are 4 victory conditions by 'Pleasing the Entity'. You can't have 4 based victory conditions on one side of a asymmetrical game such as this and say that's direct.

Look at Death Garden. Its victory conditions are direct. Kill 3 runners. In Dead by Daylight it's Kill as many as possible.

Hell there are some players that don't even use this as a rule and go for Blood points instead.

They are attempting to entertain the Entity, whereas Survivors are ranked based on their ability to survive and complete objectives, and generally being an asset to the team.

This games ranks are not based on their ability to survive lol.

I have no idea where you gathered that information from..

This means this game's victory conditions are different than most games. You "win" when you complete enough of what you need to do to pip up.

So its not [BAD WORD] direct at all.

'Do enough of what you need to do to rank up'

Not, 'play as skilled as you can' or 'win enough matches'

Just do whatever and rank up. Did you even proof read this?

They've made this clear with the Emblem System, Survival and Killing isn't the main goal anymore.

Only for the killer side.

It never was for survivor. You know, the role you bragged about not looping?

Such an accomplishment.

It's how you perform. Whether you agree with this or not is irrelevant, this is a fact of the Ranking System, especially since it was designed to be used in Tournaments.

Lol tournaments?

That's your reasoning that the ranking system is a direct win/lose condition?

Which tournaments?

In Tydes tournaments they use a point system not rank to measure victories against the teams. Guess points are used as a a factor of winning now.

Hell there was one tournament I saw which looked at how many survivors escaped the match. There is currently no tournament to my knowledge that looks at ranking up as a win condition.

So once again.

Try harder.

If you ranked up then you didn't lose.

You can win directly by going after a particular playstyle. The ranking system awards victory for performance. Get X number of points to pip. That's pretty direct.

Deathgarden and DbD have two different goals in mind of what they consider "victory." It doesn't matter what the player "personal" views as victory, in DbD, victory is getting a pip. Regardless of whether or not you add an additional goal on top of that is irrelevant.

The category Unbroken scores Survivors based on how long they survive or if they escaped without going down or not. That's where I got that info from.

If you complete this game's victory conditions, then you are skilled. Any other arbitrary viewings of the term "skill" are completely subjective. Skilled players rank up. Unskilled ones derank. It's pretty simple.

You're right, in the past Survivor was always awarding those that could clone around the most. Not the case anymore. Seems to hurt a lot of people's feelings.

Whether or not a tournament has actually been held using the Emblem System is irrelevant. BHVR created it for use in OFFICIAL tournaments, not streamer tournaments.

Try staying relevant, you seem to miss the mark a lot in that regard.

• Snow
    Snow Member Posts: 2

I am looking forward to the new cosmetics. I am curious about the new killer and survivor. I hope whatever perks they have will give us something unique and fun to incorporate into our builds.

• I'm hype for new characters & I am hopeful the cosmetic stuff will have awesome doctor stuff. I love the doctor. PRAISE THE DOCTOR

• Mystiikins
    Mystiikins Member Posts: 1

Honestly, mostly excited for the new survivor, killer and map.

• Mc_Harty
    edited May 2018

@weirdkid5 said:

According to you, not the game. That's why its indirect with its victory conditions

You can win directly by going after a particular playstyle. The ranking system awards victory for performance. Get X number of points to pip. That's pretty direct.

No where does the game tell you directly that ranking up is 'winning'. That was my point. It's implied that ranking up is winning but not confirmed.

There are killers and survivors alike that don't value pipping as a measure of success in a game like this. I guess they're playing the game wrong then lol.

Deathgarden and DbD have two different goals in mind of what they consider "victory." It doesn't matter what the player "personal" views as victory, in DbD, victory is getting a pip. Regardless of whether or not you add an additional goal on top of that is irrelevant.

Deathgarden directly tells the player how to win. Kill 3 Runners, Escape with 3 runners.

Dead by Daylight does not. It tells the killer to try their best and measures their performance. Same with survivors.

This makes the win conditions by default abstract. How do you not understand this?

The category Unbroken scores Survivors based on how long they survive or if they escaped without going down or not. That's where I got that info from.

1 Emblem category out of 4.

A survivor can perform poorly in that category yet do well in the others.

A survivor does not have to survive to rank up. Sorry to destroy that fantasy buddy.

If you complete this game's victory conditions, then you are skilled. Any other arbitrary viewings of the term "skill" are completely subjective. Skilled players rank up. Unskilled ones derank. It's pretty simple.

If its that simple, please point to where the game had stated to you, as a player, that gathering pips, is the direct win condition of the game.

Ranks only signify playtime and experience in a game like this. Everyone that ranks up knows this.

This wasn't a argument about 'skill' but how Dead by Daylight has abstract ruling of winning. I have no idea how you can't see that considering you boosted that you're a good survivor that doesn't loop immediately implying that those that do are bad.

Because everyone plays like you right? Gimme a ######### break.

You're right, in the past Survivor was always awarding those that could clone around the most. Not the case anymore. Seems to hurt a lot of people's feelings.

It's the same now. Gather enough points to rank up. Doesn't matter if its Blood Points or Emblem values, its still the same system.

Whether or not a tournament has actually been held using the Emblem System is irrelevant. BHVR created it for use in OFFICIAL tournaments, not streamer tournaments.

So it shouldn't be that difficult for you to show me a tournament which the win conditions are ranking up.
    Not escapes, not how many Blood Points you've earned, but by simply ranking up.

Since that is clearly the only win condition that matters according to you.

I look forward for the link.

Try to prove to me that the game directly tells you ranking up is winning.

Get a mod or a Dev to confirm it, I don't care. Until then you're just presenting you're opinion as fact.

Post edited by Mc_Harty on
  • Mc_Harty
    edited May 2018

@weirdkid5 said:

According to you, not the game.

Show me where in the game directly inform the player that gathering pips are 'winning'.

That's the point.

Your personal views of what is considered a win is a pip. Their are players that see gathering Blood Points as a win or escaping as a win.

How the hell do you not see that? You cannot be that arrogant.

1 emblem outta 4.

You don't even have to perform well in that category for the game to considered that you have won.

See how that's a contradiction?

There is nothing skillful about Get X number of points to pip. You of all people should know that.

Doesn't matter if its Blood Points or Emblems scores.

Its the same exact system.

The rules and scoring is different but nothing has changed. At all.

It's irrelevant to ask for a link to a tournament that uses pips as a measure of success against other players.

What the ######### are you even talking about?

Whatever I guess.

Also only spoiled brats use 'relevant' to dismiss arguments.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

Shirtless David King.
    Y'all need to stop lying if you answered anything else.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited May 2018
    @weirdkid5 well if the goal of the game is to survive if you die you lose. Ranking up doesn’t mean you win, it just means the game acknowledges what you did during the match and you did well enough to get a pip. You still lost the match however.
  • Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261

Mostly looking forward to the next killer.

Really hoping it's a top tier killer, nurse and billy are getting pretty stale ;/

• DarXide
    DarXide Member Posts: 81

I really, really, REALLY hope the new changes to bloodlust and pallet vacuum's balance out chases being overly extended.

• Maksss
    Maksss Member Posts: 5

Жду новую выживщую, и ненавижу новую систему поднятия ранга для выживших, ранг почти не возможно поднять, уберите его :'(

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

K A T E D E N S O N :chuffed:

Oh and... HAG RED DRESS with the new cosmetic store POGCHAMP !!!!!!!

• Mc_Harty

Btw @mods my post in this forums seems to have duplicate and I have no way to delete it. >_<

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

pallet vacuum BEGONE

• BurgerKingEmployee
    BurgerKingEmployee Member Posts: 34

SHIRTLESS DAVID! DUH.

• Totohli
    Totohli Member Posts: 41

I'm looking forward to everything

New killer/survivor, perks, maps, the cosmetics, gameplay changes....
    No matter what happens i love to adjust after updates, even when things get more difficult or less powerful.
    I find it fun to adapt and make the most out of every situation.

Bring it on!

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

what is the update about ?

• Mike_Karman
    Mike_Karman Member Posts: 28

The swag!

• Gem
    Gem Member Posts: 37

Daddy David. I mean Shirtless David...

• Tiyr
    Tiyr Member Posts: 52

Removal of the pallet vacuum and the cosmetics are what I am most looking forward to but it looks like a really good overall update

• GoRgeousMass
    GoRgeousMass Member Posts: 8

I'm really hyped for the new survivor and killer, but something that I would love is a balance about the role game.