The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What makes you go back and play the game today?

linancy
linancy Member Posts: 38

Lately i feel less excited to play. The uncertainty of knowing who I'm going to play with and how it will go is quite worrying to me.

That feels like one day every player will refuse to play seriously and will try to harm the other (with words and actions.)

If i put the community aside and paying attention to the game itself, I'm not happy with the game wholeheartedly.

The game is pretty empty of content, there is nothing interesting about it except cosmetics..

The game is unbalanced and in every game i have to deal with annoying or unfun perks from killers and survivors.

It feels that something is missing from the game and at the same time positivity and kindness among the community.

I'm not gonna lie but this is the only game where i don't have friends and not adding them. and they do the same, like they are so anti to even try.

I love the game but slowly the game is "dead" in my heart and I'm very sad..

I'm curious about you and i wanted to ask how you feel and what makes you come back and play?

Comments

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Seeing someone named iridescent c... in my lobby.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    edited March 2021

Tbh, when I play killer, I play Nurse, or Pyramid Head.

With the Nurse, you can always improve your gameplay, and that's why I play her again and again, until I stomp on ever survivor on every situation (I wanna be the very best......); Concerning Pyramid Head, the fact he can hit through walls allows you to do a lot of different plays (with range add-ons in particular), and that's more satisfying when you combine that with Keep the Best for Last. I had a game last week when, in ten seconds in AutoHeaven, I...

• Downed a survivor with the range attack while he was opening the gate,
    • Injured a survivor hiding behind the "Fun bus",
    • Hit and downed the third and last survivor trying to finish opening the gate.

Then I Final Judgement'd both downed survivors, and manage to kill the last that was running in the open.

That's what I'm looking for when playing killer, go for big prediction play when I don't see people, or do a lot of things in a short period of time.

And as a survivor, looping, tricking and outsmarting the killer is what I seek.

But hey, maybe you should take a break for a week ? :/

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

i dont know it's complete trash lmao I guess I just play out of habit but we're at the point now we're I'd rather take the 5 minute penalty than play some of the maps like new meat plant. At that point rather than wait I just move on to another game 🙆

• linancy
    linancy Member Posts: 38

That's cool and yeah.. probably too many situations in game made me feel upset.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

Trapper, when someone steps on a trap...it feels 10/10 even if they escape.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    edited March 2021

It's hell sure the game is frustrating sometimes, and like you said, it's more frustrating when you see the overall toxicity of a big part of the community yeah. Just take a break, relativise that these people are just big idiots and as******.

No one will change them, and they're everywhere, in every online game. If you're the killer, just wait the occasion, the mistake to kill them, if you're the survivor, being facecamped + "gg ez", click continue and think to other things. Don't give too much importance to them.

Be that survivor that will never t-bag or clicky spam, always saying "gg wp man", and if you 5 gen the killer, at the gate, drop your item as a sign of respect and left the game

Be that killer that will never face camp (plus it's the worst strat to kill the man on hook so... x) ), not hard tunnel, sometimes slugging for the 4K because you think you deserve it, sometimes giving the hatch, saying "gg wp mates". etc etc, even if it's more complicated imo for the killer playstyle, sometimes you have to play ""scummy"" in order to win (play nice, but play smart).

Respect other players, some will thank you for that, some will spit on your face, but that's how it works. :)

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game. Were you expecting more? Nope, that's the only reason.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,860

Spirit is the main reason that I keep grinding

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,260
    edited March 2021

You're absolutely right.

Sometimes it's easy to ignore unlucky or annoying games but mentally we need a break.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,385

Honestly, Freddy is my main reason to play.

• TauNkosi
    TauNkosi Member Posts: 282

My unhealthy addiction.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I think the new chapters. Are what makes me come back. Also the fact that I have met some extremely nice people and became friends because of the game so that's nice

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,309

Friends.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

I just like the game. It’s neat. I played this game for 2 years on PS4. Got all survivors and killers with 6 pages of perks all max tier. Got bored and only played for rift challenges. I became a pretty skilled nurse, deathslinger, blight, and huntress main on CONSOLE. I am now on PC and it’s way easier to play ever single one of those killers with no lag and a precise mouse with high sensitivity. I now have a lot of catching up to do in terms of getting every killer maxed out with perks and with survivors.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

If I get too bored I may not wake up the next day, DBD makes me sad but its an interesting sadness.

• boostedsurvivormain
    boostedsurvivormain Member Posts: 399

Curving with hillbilly

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

The infinitesimal pipe dream chance that I'll like the next chapter

Otherwise it's gonna be another 3 month break like the last two chapters

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

Doing gimmicky builds and randomized builds keep me at least somewhat interested, other than that I've given the game a three strike penalty so far for me. Strike one was with the Binding of Kin chapter, and two more strikes are gonna make me quit the game.

• StreetRat115
    StreetRat115 Member Posts: 54

Imo playing the game only during the weekends has been great because I don't have to deal with some of the bs things this game has which I'll admit the game doesn't have that many anymore but they're still frustrating. This game has been really bland and buggy since October so I also don't have a real reason to play other than the tomes which I also don't really care tbh.

• Gamekeeper
    Gamekeeper Member Posts: 47

Getting those deathslinger godshots is like a drug for me.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I like it.

• HellraisingPredator
    HellraisingPredator Member Posts: 75

The release of a new chapter normally always makes me return if I have had a break for any reason.

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158

I'm a masochist