Should Leather Face get nerfed?

NOEDaddy
NOEDaddy Member Posts: 93

I know a lot of you guys might disagree with this but let me state my case. Recently in every game I play against him, I literally have myself or a teammate get face camped while hooked with the chainsaw. It’s pretty frustrating he’d just get a bait then down everyone and that’s game. Whatever counters you’re gonna say it won’t work, the only thing that makes a difference is the killer himself, is he going by “the code” or not.

Should Leather Face get nerfed? 89 votes

Yes. He should. “Please state why”
22%
MangoSskRullisilsanders92HannonWalkedMoss92Azxx93MoundshroudrnissilleRizerAnniehereSiMpSoUpWolfKannTimo_______RDebunkedMonsters[Deleted User]NOEDaddyTinyGam3rLuckyLucy1999JayaNickJayTheEntity 20 votes
No. He shouldn’t. “Please state why”
69%
White_OwlGibberishSeiko300ZagridBlueberryWoodywoolTapeKnotDemon_SwordsDimekCashelP14Aven_FallenSkeletalEliteTaigaUistreelSillierHorizon5AhoyWolfGeneralVkinInsaneCoasterBuddhaBing 62 votes
I don’t care either way.
7%
GHERBEARRULESmusstang62ChurchofPigKDawgTrashmasterLunarknightRoachesDelight 7 votes

Comments

• Gamekeeper
    Gamekeeper Member Posts: 47

As you said his face-camping should get nerfed to the ground

Leatherface himself is actually in a really solid state rn

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,067

I think you cannot nerf his face camping without nerfing him to the ground aswell.

• grunt7554
    grunt7554 Member Posts: 38

Leatherface is in a pretty good place at the moment. Sure he is really good at face camping but that does not mean he needs to be nerfed it just means the devs have to look at how to stop face camping

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

He has counterplay that is effective.

Next question

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

First time I've seen someone actually think LF needed a nerf lol.

He's pretty balanced for average survivors. He'll get dumpstered by good survivors. If I was going to do anything to LF, it would be a buff.

• Lunarknight
    Lunarknight Member Posts: 29
    I don’t care either way.

I don't want the killer so I don't care

• Volfgang57
    Volfgang57 Member Posts: 369
    edited February 2021

If someone wants to face-camp you aren't going to be able to stop it. They already made a change to the point system where you won't gain points and will actually lose points for staying near a hooked survivor (unless you were actively in a chase) a while back to discourage face-camping, but again, you can't prevent it

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

He's a mid tier at best, and he has plenty of counterplay.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

He just isnt that good. Once a survivor has the right perks he would be bottom half of killers but he does mess up new players a lot more

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

He is weak if you bait out his chainsaw.

• Goofenstein
    Goofenstein Member Posts: 54

Nope, this isn't a Leatherface problem, just a general problem in the game itself, Face-camping is a strategy, as much survivors hate it.

Sadists on this world are going to exist, no changing that.

• Potatogamer345
    Potatogamer345 Member Posts: 8

I think he's in a good place right now, because he actually takes a tad bit of skill now instead of how boring he was when he came out. You can still deal with any killer face camping to be honest, just bring BT or DS if you're struggling that much with it because it's not just a problem with Leatherface.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Facecamping is a problem by itself, it won't be solved by nerfing Leatherface. And the solution is in the survivors' hands: if they stopped feeding facecampers with free kills and just gen rushed, facecamping would be less inviting. Unfortunately after almost 5 years it's still not clear to most people.

• Baxe
    Baxe Member Posts: 23

Sure they maybe could do something to actually fix his face camp potential. But he shouldn't be nerfed in any other way. Bubba is an underperforming killer atm.

• FiveHargreeves
    FiveHargreeves Member Posts: 5

face camping isnt bannable and devs said its fine

bubba is not op at all because you can literally vault a window and he has to wait for charges

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,317

Leatherface is fine.

If he facecamps a survivor just do gens. At best he'll get two kills this way. You shouldn't be feeding facecampers regardless.

• SOMENINJANAME
    SOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 294

Yeah, when I'm mic'd up with 3 other people, we hardy ever have a death against a face-camping LF. First Survivor downs tells the others to finish a few gens and then perform a coordinated rescue.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Leatherface is simple. Once survivors get to advanced tactics, his power is pretty useless. If anything, I think that destroying pallets should deplete all of his charges and disable his chainsaw for 5 or so seconds, although perhaps have an add-on to remove this.