Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is everyone against a FNAF chapter?

2»

Comments

• andrewbh2003
    andrewbh2003 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2021

honestly not even fnaf in general i just really like the idea of a robot type killer

it does not have to be william/micheal afton or whatever just gimme a robot that resembles either an alien or animal we dont have any killer like that in dbd currently so i feel its a niche that from a aesthetic and flavour standpoint has yet to be explored in dbd

could be springtrap/william afton it could a completely original character hell it could even be a terminator esc character either way im just personally a fan of the whole semi-futuristic 1980s robot sci-fi aesthetic and think that if done correctly could be a ton of fun in dbd

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

It's a meme game at best. There is nothing scary about FNaF.

I'd rather see Hellraiser, Pumpkinhead, or something similar to those. Solid cult horror films that have a dedicated following and aren't just some cheap jumpscare title that is only scary to young children.

If they were going to do something along the lines of a smaller statured Killer, I'd rather see Leprechaun or Child's Play added to the game. Possibly some sort of Imp-like creature. Anything other than that ridiculous game's animatronics.

Still waiting for Cthulu-esque creatures to join us in the Fog...

• Raja
    Raja Member Posts: 319

Isn't that a kids game?

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

I'm surprised Saw even got in this game. Like who woulda thought they'd get the Saw license, and who woulda thought they could make it work in DBD?

Anyways, to answer your question, it's probably because the old fandom of FNAF is all people see out of it. Nowadays the FNAF fandom is mostly young adults/adults in general, so it shouldn't bring that many children into DBD. Say, even if it did, it wouldn't be an issue judging the DBD community. (no offense)

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

I do not understand why almost everyone does not want it, the more licensed characters, the better for everyone and especially for the Dead by Daylight team, the more earnings, the better things are going for them.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

It would be mildly out of place and doesn't fit dbd's theme. And the fanbase is annoying.

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

Personal bias or spite due to all the fnaf posts.

The designs and lore would fit in perfectly, so no other reasons I know of besides bias or spite.

I am all for a FNAF chapter, and I hope they add it in the future, just as I hope other desired characters make it in such as Candyman, Chucky, and Pennywise, despite me personally not caring for them.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Licenses have to be renewed and they have restrictions on what can be done with them.

A recent example would be the Scarface DLC for PD2. The license expired and now no one can purchase that DLC anymore. Imagine the Halloween DLC wasn't renewed recently. That DLC could be locked out for all future players.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

Sorry to bump in, but I agree if they wanted to base a fnaf chapter off the novels and some bits of the games (Map, killer, survivor, etc),, then I think people would like it

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317

yeah, we already got the whole cute aspect in the game already,

• KiwiCoattails
    KiwiCoattails Member Posts: 566

I’m not against it, but I’m also not familiar with the source material. The first time I heard about it was through this forum lol.

As long as we get a cool killer and survivor, I’m not against any licensed chapters.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

I think you'd like it. The story is a little confusing but the payoff is worth it.

• KiwiCoattails
    KiwiCoattails Member Posts: 566

Is it available for console? If not, I’ll find videos of somebody else playing. Not gonna lie, all these FNAF threads have got me intrigued lol.

• bubbabrotha
  • Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921

I'm not for it nor against it. I wouldn't care either way if they added a FNAF chapter. I'd prefer Resident Evil (I DO want Mr. X compared to Nemesis since I feel Mr. X would fit the rules and mechanics of DBD better) but I'd be happy to have both a RE and FNAF chapter.

• bluedusef
    bluedusef Member Posts: 288

Out off all the killers you could want, why would you pick that one though? Seems like the bar is set low for some.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

This made me laugh way harder than it should have. Thank you. XD

• JediWithASniper
    JediWithASniper Member Posts: 670

Because FNAF is for five year olds, and we don’t want any more five year olds in the game than we have already. For Pete’s sake! Can we have one freaking game that isn’t hello kitty island adventures?! Let’s stick with a mature audience, or at least what’s left of one.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnn, that was funny

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

most of us don’t want Show Biz Pizza, or Chuck E Cheese if you’re too young for Show Biz, dancing around the map. That would be like a when the cold toilet water splashes your ass while taking a #########.

• Blindninja
    Blindninja Member Posts: 462

Because its ridiculous. Dbd at least tries to keep things dark and scary like an old 80s horror movie. It just doesn't fit its too comical.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378

People might not realize the first game came out years ago and now most of the “kids” are like 17-18 now. For me now 21, lots of them still like Fnaf, hell I sure do. The jump-scares are cheesy but a serial killer who lures children as security guard is pretty mature content.

The games themselves is lighter but the story of Fnaf is kinda #########.

• N0IDEA
    N0IDEA Member Posts: 149
  • N0IDEA

The peopoe who grow up on this left the fanbase a way ago, and even if they don't, more than half of this still five years old,lol

• N0IDEA

Actually, the story is also okay. What's dark there? Murder?

This is a everyday ocasion in absolute any horror media. We don't want FNaF because it sucks, doesn't fit the game and the Fanbase is also a #########

• N0IDEA

The lore is just Messed up, and so people think it's complex cause no one know what's going (even the creator). Wanna a complex lore? Go watch Saw, or play POopgoes, that's an interesting enough FNaF fangame

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698

Maybe because he's the only one from the games that would work as an ACTUAL killer with a backstory.

• N0IDEA
  • SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

As someone who knows the lore of the series calling It "for kids" is debatable the stuff gets reallly ######### up speacially consider the main villian is murdering them kids and using their souls to power robots for the sake of trying to bring someone back only for him to basically go mad with power and end up getting ironically killed and bound in a suit similar to the kids he killed and is a active ######### face who would give Freddy and the Doctor a run for "World biggest ######### in the fog" reward.

The only problem I can see is what his power would be mainly and as other said "licensing" because FNAF creator is very protective of his creations.

In terms of not fitting I wanna remind you people keep asking for Mr.X which is basically just a Zombie T-800 If we are talking about sticking things in that don't belong. Imagine If he moved as slow in game as in RE killers would REE like they did at Pre-rework Freddy. Or Jeepers Creepers, which once again is not only not gonna happen because of (Redacted) but all the Creeper really is when you get down to It is a Predator with wings that has no honor code.

But, I do understand spit very well,which is why I say If we have a RE chapter make It One of the Bakers and not Mr.X just out of spit.

• bubbabrotha

I never said fnaf was a masterpiece. I just said I don't like silent hill.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

In short, the community is too young to realize they're being obnoxious when they constantly spam about FNAF anywhere they can. Seriously, stfu about it. No one cares if you think it's actually "mature content" and will never be convinced that it is.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Horror games have different ways to deliver the horror element to their audience. Since fnaf's main horror elements are jumpscares and creepy stories, it's safe to say it doesn't make sense to add these in dbd, which barely has any jumpscares. Also being chased by a teddy bear isn't entirely amusing.

• N0IDEA

U seems fragile

No ######### a girl today=Not straight

Not straight=St0P

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

There are much better licenses to be added

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378

Dude not even Micheal Myers kills 8 year olds.

William does it multiple times, Freddy is depicted to kill teenagers but not children that young.

Also got his son insane for leaving all the murders on him.

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613

because it wouldnt fit looking back i wish we had fnaf instead of this meme

• N0IDEA

That's because Michael Myers is a movie villain, and we have rules agaisnt childs being explicit deads in movies or videogames.

That's why any movie adaption is a way more soft than books original counterpart.

This remind a scene of Bunnyman where he massacre middles schoolers with a chainsaw, and he fits DBD a way better as a slasher villain

• krugerisreal_666
    krugerisreal_666 Member Posts: 6

I feel like we have to wait till the fnaf movie to truly know if a fnaf chapter could work.

personally i think a fnaf chapter would be awesome, and we shouldn't bully people who wants to see this.

everyone has the rights to dream.