Are you having fun?

Allhel1
Allhel1 Member Posts: 56

I don’t want arguments or fights I just simply wanna know how many of you still have fun playing DBD

Comments

• Im_Tired
    Im_Tired Member Posts: 101

About 50/50 yes and no

I've been playing since Dec 2020 and only seem to have fun when I win (3k or 4k)

Losses are usually stomps by survivors where gens fly and 3 or 4 escape, or keys are involved. 9/10 of those kinds of games end in toxicity too, and I haven't got thick enough skin for it to not bother me yet. Maybe when that happens it'll be more fun

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

Hmmm today I did a killer only run with Clown to use my red envelopes and I'm totally burnt out. It's really hard to start learning a new power and face purple and red ranks (though I'm green). It wasn't a horrible experience, but it was very "meh".

And the best part is, in 5 matches I earned less than I usually do with my mains (I guess my highest point was 25k with the envelope, while I can make 32-33 in the event without it as Pig or Doctor). So as it was entertaining, it wasn't the best idea of fun.

When I got burnt out I switched to another game.

As survivor, I'm not that excited to, if I'm not playing with a friend to chat and ######### about life haha.

• Mooshroome64
    Mooshroome64 Member Posts: 105

Honestly I rarely have time to play at the moment. So not much of a sample size of games, but:

I have much more fun as killer nowadays (despite playing survivor more, in the past), mainly because solo queue games can and usually are completely unfun. DCs or people just playing as if they've never touched a video game before makes it really dull, I suppose it does make getting good teams and making plays even more satisfying but that is rare.

As killer, yes I think the game is fun. I float around purple ranks due to lack of playing, so my experience will be different to red rank killers, but personally I have decent games a majority of the time. I consider a 2k or higher a win for me, and prioritise fun over the stats themselves (using meme builds, messing around a bit) so that might be why I enjoy it more than more competition oriented players.

So as a whole, I have more fun as killer than I do as survivor. It's not actively unfun, but if I have bad teams a few times in a row I'll just swap game, not even motivated by rift progress anymore. I think there is room to change mechanics to make the game more fun for everyone.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

Yes and no.

There are games where i can't deal what is happening there.

Sometimes something feels boring and needs variety.

New content, custom challenges: these the things that keeps the fun for me as long as i can get them and enjoy them now days.

But for the long term we need variety and changes in the gameplay to keep the fun.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

No.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

No I don't think I am

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,112

Close enough. Gen speed prevents me from playing killer builds I like, but I have fun anyway.

• ArchFox
    ArchFox Member Posts: 205

Ehh *Uncertain hand gesture*

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    edited March 2021

No, I keep getting bad teammates/killers every match I play. Ever since this hot fix came out all my killers and teammates have been awful.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Yes, why would I play something I don't enjoy?

People that play this game and don't enjoy it should really stop playing. They are falling prey to an addiction.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

For the most part. If I didn't I would just stop playing like I do every time with every game. I mean what is the point of playing a game if you don't have fun?

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,867

I come in trying to have fun but it's just so hard to. I'm one of those players that doesn't necessarily care about winning or losing, but I do get super tilted if the reason I lost was because of BS. I'm talking about if it sends me to Haddonfield or Red Forest or if it keeps robbing me of hits that I deserved. Not talking about Dead Hard, I'm talking about when it clearly lands on the survivor but the game just says "######### you." It's so easy to get frustrated from DBD that it's not even funny.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,625

Yes, I am... somehow.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

No, this game sucks!

On top of all of the bugs, crappy matchmaking which has been going on for at least a year, crappy balancing, and crappy community i quit!

I took a break from this game shortly after pyramid head was released and then came back. Huge mistake.

The matchmaking used to only tilt me as killer so i gave up playing killer and put up with the longer queue times for survivor because at least i managed to have some fun as survivor but now at rank 12 i get put into lobbies with yellow rank survivors and red rank killers. How the hell is that fun?! Oh and the broken emblem system was pure hell, getting knocked back from purple to rank 17 during rank reset and not being able to rank back up because of the broken emblem.

This game is garbage.

• Captaincrazy83
    Captaincrazy83 Member Posts: 22

The game used to be a lot funner. But now after all the so call good updates kinda stinking now. It’s so easy to loss a tik even though you do everything you can in the match. The new auto haven is a garbage map now. Just they need to stop fixing stuff that isn’t broken. Maybe the game guys and ladies will fix it one day o while.

• Raja
    Raja Member Posts: 319

As survivor yes

As killer no not since first few games when I started this game and that's more so because of the unwarranted hate I have received, I have had people literally want my death over this game.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Yes, when I log in at the right time and log off before the sweat brigade take their shifts

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Killer is getting really frustrating. So many times that I feel like there isn't a whole lot I can do about things like body blocking, flashlights nearly instantly blinding me, etc. I've historically enjoyed both but killer is just starting to not be fun.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Absolutely. I love messing around with various builds. I am not a hardcore player - as I "only" play around 30 hours a week, but I have fun most of the time. I think some people forget that this is a game - you will win some - you will lose some. You will meet new players who are fun - and some not so fun. I don't focus on 4ks or always escaping - because I don't need that to have fun.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

I aint playing DBD til they fix the match making and emblem crap...So,right now I am having all the fun playing outriders demo

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

Matchmaking is killing it for me. The updates are just the final nails.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Idk, I think it's just an addiction at this point.

• HMason212
    HMason212 Member Posts: 26

I started playing recently and so far it’s been very hit or miss. I enjoy being matched up with people around my rank because were all learning maps, but the tunneling and face camping of hooks is horrible with the newer playerbase.

This game throws you into the mix with next to nothing on how the game plays out, with survivors trying to unhook themselves often, not doing generators, hiding in lockers, not cleansing totems just in case there’s a no one escapes death.

It is beyond discouraging to go up against a rank 3 huntress with her one shot hatchets & the survivors all being so new we don’t know where anything is yet.

only thing that’s really keeping me around is the fact that the people who do the music & design the stages are doing a stellar job at making stuff creepy. Oh, and the fact that BHVR did more for Silent Hill than Konami has in awhile.

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689

I’ve never been too burnt out but these last 2 patches were horrible and bug filled back to back it really took a hit on me enjoying this game

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,565

Mostly yes... If I'm playing with my good friends then we'll usually have a good time as we're quite optimistic, but solo que... not so fun.

Killer is fun at times until my FPS starts dropping, but it's a mixed bag

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

yeah but you gotta make your own fun.

Mix up the builds and play style. A game like this can get stagant fast especially when there is a static META in a play to win environment. Everyone does the same thing and it gets old quickly.

Lately I play only basmenet build with the goal being to only hook people down there and not let em out. Real crazy in the woods in a shack kinda style. Its been a lot of fun.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Eh, it’s fun to play on occasion but I’m very burnt out so the gameplay loop has become very repetitive and Behaviour’s refusal to add a new gamemode... Definitely doesn’t help lol.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Killer powers like Deathslinger's and Blight's are still fun to play with, but everything else isn't. I'm only playing for certain killer powers at this point, none of the maps or perks are fun anymore. And there's only been 1 single gamemode, and they don't seem to be interested in adding another, so the repetitive nature of the game is definitely kicking in at this point.

It's become too stale. New killer, new survivor perks, new terrible map, several game-breaking bugs, one or two balance changes, rinse and repeat for 5 ######### years.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

On a scale of 1-10, 4. BHVR ignoring critisism, refusing to go back and.... T H E G A M E.... Get that thing and its God Pallets away from me!

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530

With friends yes.

When I don't go against a toxic swf then yes.

Playing solo then hell no, it's miserable

When I go against a toxic swf it feels like that one kid who got bullied all the way through elementary school.

So 50/50 tbh

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I need to arrange having drinks at the weekend in order to keep this game fresh for me. I'm close to being burnt out but knowing I can chill at the weekend helps.

Also finding out you can get locker saves with firecrackers has really given me a burst of energy to play this game again.

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598
    edited March 2021

Since 4.5.2. Yes.

In my opinion the hits have been the best I've ever seen (besides a perfect p2p connection back in the day). Hits are still calculated by the killers client yes but had a good streak of killers with good ping. When these stars align the game is very fun for survivor.

As for killer picks and perk selection. It's been mostly pop and corrupt on most killers which is great. I'm seeing killers playing well winning matches and killers not playing well losing matches.

• xSymantha
    xSymantha Member Posts: 58

For the most part, yes because I have almost every character at least level 50 and have new perks and combos to try out on both sides. Also, playing all the different killers makes things more interesting for me. Sometimes I find trap-based killers to be fun, sometimes the stealthy ones, sometimes the ones focused on chase. I have been having a lot of fun trying out both Myers and Clown, more than I thought I would.

I do get burnt out on it, so I do take breaks before the archives or a major update arrives

• Hazular
    Hazular Member Posts: 31

Honestly yes I am. I'm still a complete noob, have owned the came for just over 2 weeks and have less than 100 hours so a lot of it I'm still learning but that's part of the fun for me ☺️ even when I get completely demolished by a red rank killer (when I'm a green rank surv) I spectate the match to see what other people do, and then when I manage to pull something similar off in my next game I get all excited.

My proudest moment to date has been playing Huntress and flinging a hatchet through two windows to down a survivor but I think that was sheer luck rather than skill 😂

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

Of course otherwise I'd take a break like I've done in the past when I get burnt out on a particular game.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

i'm a pretty chill person. It's pretty rare for me not to congratz my opponent no matter the outcome of the game (escaped/dead, 4K/0K) so yeah i'm still having fun ^^ for me survivor is still as thrilling as the first match i played in 2016, and besides some annoying SWF or even solos wxho just mean to bully me, i rarely get mad about it to the point of tunnel/camp them. ( i never camp unless i hear someone running around/ see scratchmarks around)

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

Yeah i have complaints but i still have a lot of fun. I don't get why people would waste time in something unproductive that are not having fun with, this is the saddest thing ever. If you are not having fun doing something that is not helpful in anyway to yourself or others and you still keep doing it you are either a masochist or pretty dumb.

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150

SoloQ red ranks is so sweaty; freddies, spirits, nurses, deathslinger/ blight here and there, rarely I get clown, myers, ghostface, pig and the rest of the squad. Lot of proxy camping, tunelling, winning at any cost. I rarely bring any items, and usually have mediocore build and still escape pretty often if I don't mess up really bad and teammates aren't completely braindead.

Killer games go pretty much the same, same perks on most of survivors, bringing really strong medkits, toolboxes, which is almost like a 5th perk, not taking into account coms, map offerings, which only tilts it even more to their side.

I play killers mostly addonless, and trying out off meta perks and builds only to be stomped on by every second chance perk in the game. I know which perks are strong, mostly gen regression ,but it gets so boring using the same perks over and over again just to 'win', I'd rather have fun than win, but it's really hard unless you accept from the start that you're probably gonna lose if you're not using anything to slow the game down. Most survivors are not that good at the game, but get carried hard by items/perks all the time, and often they think they're amazing for it.

• shelobster
    shelobster Member Posts: 272

When the matchmaking works yes. But usually it doesn't so no.

My green rank killer consistently gets put against red rank swf. It's rare to get survivors that match my rank.

My red rank survivor consistently gets yellow/green survivors agains rank 1 killers.

Neither is fair. Neither is fun.