"He's just a _____ rip off!!"

Options
Laffle
Laffle Member Posts: 82

What original killer ISN'T based off of a pre-existing character or real serial killer?

I also don't agree that he isn't ~monstrous~ enough because we have Ghost face who is literally just a dude in a costume, and legion who are a bunch of kids wearing edgy masks.

The dude is a serial killer who mixes his victims screams into his music, and throws dozens of knives at people while laughing. If that isn't some classic cheesy horror crap like the rest of the killers, I dunno what is.

Is it just the kpop that people hate? I dislike kpop culture as well but I think Trickster was very well made.

Comments

• WhoisJoe
    WhoisJoe Member Posts: 21
    Options

Personally its because he sticks out liker a sore thumb compared to other killers. With legion and ghost face they have darker color schemes n having masks adds to the horror factor because the unknown scares people. If the made him paler and darken his bright jacket he would look great.

• Naz
    Naz Member Posts: 122
    edited March 2021
    Options

From what i heard from people that don't like him in game in the test build is that he's a cross between the joker and bts and they hate him. Now the players that love him told me it's bts that have had enough [of what i don't know] and they love it. One thing i do like is his music as he closes in on you.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Hey its an interesting concept with a very twisted backstory.

I just don't really get the k-pop angle. That's kinda what feels outa place.

I mean aren't there are a bunch of mythical monsters in Korean culture to draw from. There are great Korean horror movies to draw from. If they are going for greater representation in the character base it just feels a little cliche and hammy to horseshoe in some k-pop. As if that's the one thing Korea has.

What was the thought process "yeah that'll get the Korean market into it".

I hope they bring out some grittier cosmetics that fit the feel of the game better than shirtless rave guy, I may pick it up then.

But you'll still have his duckface glamour shot pouting at you from the killer menu. Strikes me as weird.

• WhoisJoe
    WhoisJoe Member Posts: 21
    Options

I don't think the should make him gray like trapper but they could make him look like he has stop focused on his basic needs like food enough where he seems paler , It just adds a little bit of depth of how insane he is . So basically I don't want him to lose his personality but fit in a little bit more.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited March 2021
    Options

The unknown scares people.

But a lot of things scare people.

Honestly getting annoyed by all these posters trying to fit fear and horror into their shallow views of what it is.

Have you seen American Psycho? The Trickster gives me a lot of those vibes.

• Shenanigan
    Shenanigan Member Posts: 208
    Options

I like the new killer because even though other shows and movies do it too, it just gives me that Dio feel when he just throws knives at a rapid speed which makes me enjoy the killer especially the personality they gave him and letting him occasionally talk, he's not scary looking but however his design is still unique in terms of joining the DBD roster, while dbd was made as a scary game the devs are taking a different approach. Anything can be given that "scary" aesthetic and makeover as long as it's done properly and the devs showed that well in this one

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

It's okay for people to not like the style or look of any one of the killers in the game man. Just let it go.

We got dozens of choices now, it's okay to not like a few of them.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

I get the american psycho vibe, that's kinda what I first thought of too. Corporate culture is definitely the realm of sociopaths and psychopaths.

The K-pop element is what kinda feels out of place, a little hammy. Maybe the K-pop realm is the bastion of socio- and psychopaths also. It seems to thrive on narcissism which is often a big part of socio- and psychopathy.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

I do dislike K-pop as well, and i also think they did a great job on his design, the design team (almost) never seems to fail.

It's WHAT they designed that doesn't fit to me.

So what if he throws knives and laughs, if he looks this flashy?

It doesn't scare me at all, it makes me laugh with him, even if he downs me.

• GriffinsMarkGaming
    GriffinsMarkGaming Member Posts: 15
    Options

Sorry but I just couldn't resist saying this.

"-having masks adds to the horror factor-"

*people with mask fetishes* |sweating intensifies|