What's your favorite underrated perks that you think more people should use?

dspaceman20
dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Some perks are extremely underrated and should definitely be used more. Now I'm a survivor main who don't play killer so I'm only going to be mentioning survivor perks but feel free to talk about killer perks.

Wake up: I would say this perk is underrated because of the benefits it has for both solo and swf. It helps your team find the doors and helps you open them faster. It synergize great with spine chill and if your the last person alive and at an exit gate your almost always getting out.

Off the record: this is another underrated perk imo. The 100% grunts of pain reduction is nice but it's shining attribute is the immunity aura reads. it can come in handy a lot and does good at countering popular killer perks like BBQ and chili and nurses calling.

Alert: this is really good perks as well. The aura read is nice and provides a lot of information of the killers whereabouts.

Detectives Hunch: I'm so surprised this isn't used more. Hexs are becoming more prominent and this perk helps a ton especially against maps in which it's hard to find totems and gens. NOED most of the time is not even a problem.

Desperate measures: I used this perk recently and it's extremely useful. The increase in healing is really beneficial and saved me the time I used it. The extra unhooking speeds is also a nice touch as well. Works really well in a healing build. If anyone knows any good healing builds please tell me.

Autodidact: this perk is fun when it works and greatly counters perks that slow healing. All those healing perks don't stand a chance. The only downside is that it relays on skill checks which can be unreliable but if you pair it with spine chill then it's mostly fine.

That's all they underrated perks I know of. If you know any I would like to know. And what is your favorite underrated perks that people would should use more?

Comments

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited March 2021

Aftercare, once it gets activated at the very least you will always have one other survivor's aura revealed to you and it is pretty easy to get 2 or all survivors revealed with this perk. It also tells you where the killer is as you can see survivors getting chased or hiding and that survivor will not run into you often if they see you healing someone else or doing a gen. Anytime i run a healing build i usually run this perk.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

We'll Make It is a rare perk I see when I'm playing survivor, works great if you're going against one of those slowdown Freddie's.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

Bond, Aftercare, Desperate Measures, Autodidact, and Botany Knowledge.

I’ve been addicted to healing builds lately. Healing is just so.. convenient.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Do you know any good healing builds I only know Autodidact and Solidarity.

• CANxOFxCORN
    CANxOFxCORN Member Posts: 204

Dark Sense

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

Mindbreaker is an underrated killer perk that got a buff not too long ago. It forces survivors to walk for 5 seconds in the middle of a chase just for their precious exhaustion perks to come back. The perk can potentially become meta.

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 407

For my Healer build: We'll Make It, WGLF, Aftercare, and Desperate Measures. Heal speeds go zoom, and peeps can see me if they need more heals.

If I'm not being strictly clerical, I def have Detective's Hunch on every load out. It's been an absolute unit almost every match I have it, especially against Ruin, DH, and NOED users.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Small game and discordance

• Hex_Husband
    Hex_Husband Member Posts: 119

I like Dark Sense and Small Game quite a bit.

• NoelleMina

The current build I’m running is:

Botany Knowledge, Desperate Measures, and Bond. I choose between Iron Will, Self-Care, (I mostly go Solo) or Pharmacy as the fourth perk.

We’ll Make It, Desperate Measures, Aftercare, and For the People for a completely selfless build.

As you know: Autodidact, Solidarity, and Spine Chill is a good combo. ☺️

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

Yeah im running this on nearly all my stealth killers, just knowing that if they don't leave that gen when your close enough they can't use anything to get away is really good especially if they are injured.

You also get survivors who forget about the perk and don't try to not run for 5 seconds which ends in you downing them, even if they do they still lose distance from not running unless they fully got it back by walking as you mindgame.

The only thing this perk is meh against is sprint burst but honestly more people run dead hard and lithe at higher ranks than it at least from my experience.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Bloodpact: Currently my favourite perk because of its "co-op" concept.

Yes, it rarely provides much value as a solo survivor (because no one cares about 7% movement speed buff and no one uses the information provided by the aura reading) but I run it anyway because that's what "I" play solo survivor for. I play it for the unique moments where something like Bloodpact pays off.

I play solo survivor for those ultra rare moments of perfect cooperation with no communication as if you and the obsession were an actual team.

I've started taking it to the extreme. If the obsession is on death hook and getting chased I will run all across the map to defend them as Bloodpact lets me see them when injured with no range limit whatsoever.

If I manage to heal the obsession I will provide them the 7% movement speed buff all game if I can. I don't lose the aura reading on them as I run Bond, too.

This allows me to stay close when the obsession is getting chased. I can follow the obsession and the killer and make sure the obsession gets a higher chance of looping the killer for ages.

If the obsession (or anyone else) wants to do a gen with me I'll have Prove Thyself as well so we can get things done quickly, too.

Long story short: I enjoy coop perks.

As killer there's currently no perk I particularly enjoy in terms of the provided gameplay that comes with said perk. Most of the time you just have to run boring slowdown junk or you lose if the survivors are somewhat decent at the game. Simple as.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

Trail of torment, especially on instadown killer.

i absolutely love it on bubba. They either die trying to touch the gen, or get chainsawed around the corner

• Devour Hopes not exactly underrated but its one of the most fun perks in the game to run and I'm surprised I don't see more of it.

Prove thyself is honestly one of the best perks if not the best perk in the game and I want it nerfed more than any other perk.

Deliverance is extremely satisfying.

Iron Will is not talked enough about for how great it is.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

Mine for Survivor is Stake Out, that bonus gen progression just for being near a killer for a short time along with a small bonus to BPs is so fantastic.

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399

For survivor, I love We'll Make It, Dark Sense, Alert (though occasionally the noise gets to be A Lot if the killer is constantly kicking things in a short period of time), and I really love Breakdown too. I just think it's funny to have the hook drop once I'm off it, but it shows the killer aura as well, so it's good information to know if you have the time to heal under hook or if it's time to gtfo.

For killer, I really love Bloodhound. I wouldn't call it the best or anything, but it's just so nice having something a little more straightforward that scratchmarks to follow, and the brightness is great on darker maps. Also Surge and I'm All Ears. I feel like Surge is slept on as a gen regression perk, though I know it's dependent on location of gens (and I think it needs a shorter cooldown), but the fact I don't have to think about kicking gens to regress lets me focus on applying pressure other ways. And I'm All Ears is just fun for high wall mind games.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Leader.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Kindred. Being able to see exactly where everyone else is, and the killer is extremely powerful. You can see from afar which direction the killer is going and have a head-start running away.

I never take it off.

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

Trail of Torment.

If you kick a gen that is 90% and no one touches it, you can stay Undetectable for around 5 whole minutes. I just wish it didn't immediately cancel after hitting someone. (Be great if they gave it a token system that let you stay Undetectable after hitting people)

• meowzilla69
    meowzilla69 Member Posts: 408
    edited March 2021

Mindbreaker: the fact that survivors can’t SP off a gen, & loopers can’t get rest while working on gens, which forces them to do nothing or work on gens. Depends on the mindset of the looper, which is more important to them: their exhaustion perk or doing gens.

brutal strength: the fact you can break pallets & gens faster is always good. Brutal strength is really good on GF. It always helps to get a last second pop.

overwhelming presence: need to deal with a flashlight squad without lightborne?? Overwhelming presence is the next best thing. They’ll have to be more considerate on making a flashlight save.it also goes good with franklins. :D

• NoPressure22
    NoPressure22 Member Posts: 15

Windows of opportunity. I’ve heard a lot that it’s a good perk for beginners but I’ve used it plenty of times to help me in chases against the killer. I think it goes alright with lithe for a desperate measures. Urban evasion is great for hiding from killer especially when you have iron will. And I think spine chill can be useful if you go against stealthy killers especially in the early mins, where you don’t have to get grabbed while repairing and costing your team

• BitingSea
    BitingSea Member Posts: 332

Spies From The Shadows, for killers that don't set off crows too often or move too fast a lot, it's basically Whispers 2.0

• Yumyumtasty
    Yumyumtasty Member Posts: 172

The issue with Mindbreaker is that it requires the gen to be over 50%, if you do not use gen regression builds then it's not useful in lategame.

• Yumyumtasty

It works on every killer, not just killers that set crows off often. You're probably talking about deathslinger but you're not running around shooting while you're looking for people anyways. It's great on him because of his small TR.

• aEONoHM
    aEONoHM Member Posts: 208

Diversion has been a lot of fun recently. Killers will typically get tricked once or twice at first, but afterwards it’s still useful as you can throw it at an area you want the killer to ignore as they’ll typically just assume you’re trying to pull them away from somewhere else.

I’ve been thinking of trying to work Boil Over into a build. Had several close calls with wiggling recently where boil would’ve gotten me free.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017
    edited March 2021

Actually, you don't need the gen to be under 50% anymore. Mindbreaker got buffed in the last mid-chapter patch so it activates when someone repairs a generator at any time, and it also increased the tier 3 exhaustion status to 5 seconds.

I should probs try Mindbreaker on GF lol

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

discordance and kindred are among the best perks and are barely used for some reason

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

I think most know that we'll make it is a good perk, but with the way alot of killers play where they just proxy camp or come straight back to hook 5 seconds after they pretend they going to leave, borrowed time is just the better choice. Not all matches are going to have killers that play like that I know, but if your a survivor main, you know most matches will be like that lol I'll sometimes bring it with borrowed time which I never take off. It's just like unbreakable, might not get any use out of it for like until your 5th or 6th game.

• aEONoHM
    aEONoHM Member Posts: 208

Kindred is great but requires a more selfless mindset and I’m guessing people don’t want to burn a perk slot they think is better used for survival.

I find it hard to use sometimes because I already have multiple perks I consider essential for solo queue.

• mylesmylo

Yeah people say windows is good for beginners, but I like to use it sometimes, because even at red rank you know some players will just throw pallets without even an attempt at looping, so it's nice to be able to map out where you can loop with windows, specially agasint a bubba

• mylesmylo

I feel like it's better for noob killers agasint noob survivors, I know nobody uses better together so I know exactly why the gen randomly lights up yellow, so I just go touch the gen to deactivate it 😂 I feel like it shouldn't light up after a certain amount of time, not right away.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

for solo q its basically mandatory what are you putting above it?

• 1nsignia
    1nsignia Member Posts: 306
    edited March 2021

Hex: the third seal

I haven't used it with good survivors yet but I used it on my nurse. It was so fun no one knew where the slugs were and one guy was even put on second stage during first hook. But the best part was that they were all on comms (two twitch streamers and two friends) and didn't even know that the guy was on hook. And didn't know where the slugs were. And they even didn't know it was a perk. That's how underrated it is.

But I'm thinking about putting it with undying to make it stay up a bit longer.

EDIT: autocorrect exists.

• Yumyumtasty

oh nice gotta try it out a bit then on stuff like myers

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486

I also was gunna suggest Trials of Torment. I use it on Twins and leave Victor near the gen as sentry. I’ll be undetected and hunt and Vic will be on guard duty. So if survivors go try and touch it, I’ll punish them. It’s a nice lil combo for survivors who know what is happening and try and stop it.

works on non-noobs.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

CALM SPIRIT - I run it on all survivor builds. It has so many pros

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

We're Gonna Live Forever - I love this perk - I call it the BBQ & Chili for survivors. I pair it with Borrowed Time and boom all I need is two unhooks and 2 protection hits to get 100% more Bloodpoints in every category.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Information perks in general. For both killer and survivor tbh.

A lot of solo's would be way better of with windows of oppertunity instead of dead hard or d-strike. And Bond can be amazing to allow for solo's to coordinate bodyblocks for someone on deathhook

Had a match against a spirit that tried to tunnel someone out of the game. With bond i saw the chase happen. Was able to bodyblock giving the tunneled survivor distance. After that i was able to quickly find another survivor. Let them heal me. Find the tunneled person quickly again. Bodyblock again. Then used bond to position me well for the flashlight save. And then later bodyblocked again. I saved that tunneled survivor 4 times. Allowing 3 people to escape while i died a hero. Without bond i would have just sat on a gen while someone died

Bond turned what should have been a 3v1 at 4 gens into a 3 man escape with me getting camped at egc. I'm 100% sure the spirit thought we were swf. Bond really is amazing

• screamdreamsx
    screamdreamsx Member Posts: 213

For survivor:

We’ll Make It: I think this perk is very underrated and i very rarely take it off now I’m accustomed to the speed. I’m quite altruistic, I’m not someone who’s bothered about getting myself injured to save another, so I go for a lot of rescues. We’ll make it means I can get back to my previous job quicker and mean that surv is back to a 2-hit. It’s also not limited to the hook — We’ll Make It stays active for a minute after and you can use it for multiple heals and for picking up survivors at the faster rate too.

Windows of Opportunity: wall hacks. never run to a dead zone again, or find yourself in an area where your teammates have kindly used all the palettes. plan your loop/run in advance and there’s less chance of getting struck in the open or running into a dead end. bonus if you combine with open handed, one some maps you can see the ENTIRE map with these 2 perks.

Quick and Quiet: I will never not run this perk. Perfect when combined with Lithe for a speedy and silent escape, but even on its own it’s foolproof for mind gaming and evading. As it’s not as common, killers are quick to forget it’s a possibility, when you Q&Q over a window as a fast vault, since they didn’t get that notification, often they don’t realise you’ve even done it. Good for quietly hopping into lockers too — for BBQ, or in chases, or for Head On.

For killer:

Surveillance: for stealthy or mindgame killers (mainly Ghost, Pig, Spirit for me), I will always use this. Notified when someone goes back to the gen you’ve kicked, great for not only knowing where survivors are but trying to get the jump on them too. Also, the extra hearing range of 8m means less time walking around listening for gen’s and for killers who can get close silently/sneakily, you can start your approach earlier. I still consistently get gen pulls with Ghostface using Surv.

Thrilling Tremors: I actually used TT an awful lot before I finally got BBQ in the Shrine. Whilst nowhere near as good for map knowledge, seeing which gens get blocked and which ones stay active tells you exactly where some survivors are. And yes, they can just let go before you pick up that survivor, but then they lose access to that gen for a while. If you spend time working on timings and get to combine it with a Pop kick or a Dragon’s Grip kick, (before you pick up your downed survivor that is) then you’ll cause some damage that can’t be stopped until TT runs out after each hook. Same if you have TT and Ruin active together.

• KiwiCoattails
    KiwiCoattails Member Posts: 566

The 3 A’s. Autodidact, Aftercare and Alert.

• MaviKus
    MaviKus Member Posts: 38

I don't want to name it for the fear of becoming popular which often results in "adjustment" later on

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 272

Wow. Usually Aftercare almost never gets mentioned. I came into this thread fully expecting to see maybe one or two people at most mention it. Glad to see many people, at least in this thread, who seem to understand how good it can be. Its one of my favorite perks to run, but unfortunately I can't live without Kindred and running both is mostly redundant.

So since everyone is already saying Aftercare, i'll go with Any Means Necessary.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

Window of Opportunity

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I did say Devour Hope at some point, but i realized later on that's not a good one to wish for more people to use.

If more and more Killers use it, more and more Survivors will search for it immediately, since it can be more and more expected to be in the match.

Other than that, i just really wouldn't care what Killers bring, not even Rancor and me being the Obsession.

For Survivors, it's an easy case of Kindred.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,938

Even I started playing more Plague for no particular reason. I vsed many Plagues as well the past days.

• NoelleMina

I wish I can say the same. 😞 She’s quite rare.

She’s one of my mains as well, very fun to play (But, hopefully her bugs get fixed soon).