New Killer player.

Well i am a new killer player, by looking on the amount of time of time i have spend playing.

Í previously just played sporadically but in the last weeks started to play way more, especially with a killer.

I reached rank 9 in the last weeks and i have to say that 20%-30% of my games have people:

• Calling how ez it was
  • You only won because....
  • Insults
  • Teabaing in the game everytome the managed to do something, like hiting me with a pallet
  • Calling me a noob because i am a spirit player

First of i play spirit because i like her yes, but that is not the main reason. I am colorblind i dont see the scratchmarks and blood very well in all but indoor environments. Spirit is the only killer that allows me to grow because she can ignore that and let me progress with better sound recognition.

Yes i know that people cannot know that about me but the point still stand that people call you out for playing spirit than make an extra remark for you playing stridor and it especially hit me because i cannot play anything else efficiently.

That doesnt feel got. They doesnt encourage me to play the game.

Whenever i question people about that kind of behaviour they try to gloss over it. I allways ask them about realy sport games. Does the wining or losing teams tell the other team how stupid they are or how easy the game was? No. But its completly futile to talk to those people. They have literly no common sense whatsoever.

Currently i am thing abot of ever playing as a killer again. Every third game insult, belittling and what not....

I dont know that the designer of this game can do but it seems the game has so many, and i am sorry, #########, playing it that its quite annoying.

Comments

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,507

Colorblind options are coming in the next chapter, and yes DBD, like many other online communities can be quite toxic

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392

You just have to get used to it if you want to play killer, or turn off the post game chat. This game attracts a lot of entitled people that forget this is a PvP game. I think it attracts a lot of these people because you don't have to even be decent at the game to feel like you are a good player due to how the game hand holds the survivor role so much. Also the ranking system is a joke. A decent amount of people at red ranks can't even loop. This also contributes to these type of players loving this game because they can get the best rank possible, but still play terribly.

• soru2020
    soru2020 Member Posts: 11

Also as a side note.

I think that the matchmaking system is complet #########. The reason worth that is probably the lack of killer, considering i often have and had blue or red rank players playing against me.

I dont mind the challenge but its often a challenge i dont have a very small chance to win.

Its neither fun for a noob killer like me nor for the red/blue ranks. The only people loosing in that kind of games are the low ranks that added to the blue and red ranks to allow such game to start.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,094

First of all, as already said, Colorblind Options will come with the next Patch. So you will be able to play other Killers.

Regarding those messages, two things:

First, grow a thicker skin. Really, toxic people will never go away, in no Onlinegame at all. The only factor that can be changed is how much it bothers you.

Second, there is an option to turn off Chat. If you are in the Endgame Screen, you see a symbol next to the Chat Window. Click on it and the Chat will be disabled. This way, they might still write something, but you wont read it.

Also - if they insult you, you can report them. Especially if those Insults are Death Wishes, homophobic or racist. BHVR is banning for Chat Insults like this, you should report them ingame and also take Screens and report them via the Support, if they do those kind of insults.

• paperbooy
    paperbooy Member Posts: 7

From someone who has played this game pretty much forever especially killer, all I can say is laugh it off. If you are on console then make it so randoms cant message you. And if you are on Pc then just don't even read the chat they send. Spirit or not not everyone plays this game for the same reasons or chooses killers because some are better than others. The point is if you still play after being insulted you are pretty admirable and the survivors are just mad they couldn't either get an easy game or are frustrated for any other reason. It doesn't matter if you play nurse with 20000 hours or trapper with 6. You are playing because you want to have fun and its not fair to yourself to allow mean people to ruin your good time. And also by the way moving that many ranks for someone who doesn't play hardcore for a while is impressive and you should feel a sense of pride. You're doing the entire community a favor while playing since we are in desperate need of killers, and many do appreciate it, myself included. Have a great day and keep pleasing the entity 👍

• soru2020
    soru2020 Member Posts: 11

Thanks for replying.

"Also - if they insult you, you can report them. Especially if those Insults are Death Wishes, homophobic or racist. BHVR is banning for Chat Insults like this, you should report them ingame and also take Screens and report them via the Support, if they do those kind of insults." Do i get any confirmation that one of my report actualy lead to something. Overwatch for example notifies you if a person get punished whom you have reported.

Otherwise it feels quite hollow to report people if you dont have any feedback that you actions have actually done somethign.

"First, grow a thicker skin. Really, toxic people will never go away, in no Onlinegame at all. The only factor that can be changed is how much it bothers you." i know that its hard to do thing on the internet but i dont think that it should be a accepted think to tolerate bad behaviour.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Playing killer:

Rule 1 Get thick skin

Rule 2 Get stuck in

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,094

Not getting bothered so much by toxicity is different from tolerating or even accepting it. But as I said, you cannot change people, in every game there are people who try to trashtalk after games, either because they are bad losers or because they are bad winners. You can argue with them, but it wont even matter at all.

Regarding Reporting, you will not get a feedback if the Support takes any actions. However, you can see if they get a VAC-Ban on Steam, if you keep the Link to their profile (which you will need to report anyway). I am not sure if there are Chatbans, which will not ban people from playing, but remove their ability to write in the chat, but if those exist, you will not know it at all.

But insults like Death Wishes, homophobic or racist slurs are taken seriously.

• Eve13
    Eve13 Member Posts: 375

I played a lot of Spirit and experienced the most hate with her. Since I play mostly on PS 4, people would then add me as friends just so they could poop on my profile. 

When I did Rift challenges for my wife on the PC that she didn't complete and took Spirit instead, you can imagine the aftergame chat that went on. Spirit in itself is very hated, because it leaves little counterplay for the survivors. 

If you try other killers after the update, you may actually get some really cool chats. 

Meanwhile, I'm a Pig main killer and also play a lot of Trapper, Clown, and GF. Somehow the Survivors are more relaxed about it. 

I always say that I have two ears - it goes in one and out the other. Not only in conversations, but also on the internet. :p

Just play the way you like and enjoy the time in the fog.