How do you like the NEW upcoming killer: The Trickster?

Tzeff_NL_YOUTUBE_0
Tzeff_NL_YOUTUBE_0 Member Posts: 31

Here he is:

Now let your voice be heard in the poll below and please, do explain why you pick your choice!

How do you like the NEW upcoming killer: The Trickster? 73 votes

I LOVE The Trickster! 8D
36% 27 votes
He's Just Another Killer! :-\
34% 25 votes
I HATE The Trickster! XP
28% 21 votes

Comments

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399

He's alright

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

I like him overall, but I won't say I "love" him.

• Frontdoor6
    Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609
    edited March 2021

A decent change from you usual 'crawled out of the grave' killers, kinda like the joker if he was a star, proving even further that a killer can come from anywhere.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,216

When I first saw him, my first thought was "What the hell is this?" I thought he really seemed out of place. But the more I think about it, I thought the same thing about Oni. After a few days, his presence will fit in just fine. I think he should have been called the Idol, but his deceitful nature makes the Trickster make sense.

And the personality that flows through him honestly makes him one of the scariest Killers in the game. He's like Legion or Ghost Face, normal people you wouldn't think could be monsters but actually are. Except, unlike them, he doesn't wear a mask to cover hide his identity. He WANTS you to know who he is as he kills you. He WANTS you to see the smile on his face as your life fades away.

His power looks like a lot of fun. Powerful, no. But fun, and that's what I focus on. I don't think he'll replace any of my mains, but I also thought the same about Blight, who's now one of my favorite Killers.

• boostedsurvivormain
    boostedsurvivormain Member Posts: 399

I've been disappointed with a lot of recent killers, so im just not getting hyped anymore

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

I love his design, hate how weak he is.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

He's awesome! He just needs buffs, that's all.

• Nullclines
    Nullclines Member Posts: 232

Between the neon background, flashy outfit, wink at the camera, and first use of modern real-world language in the trial, there's really no denying this is a first for Dead by Daylight. And I'm excited for it!

The deal is four chapters a year, having them be vastly different from each other and push the boundary of the game is surely a good thing. They've taken an adventurous step with this chapter, and I can only hope it's a sign of more crazy things to come.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,141
    edited March 2021

I would've preferred a female k-pop idol. Think of the fashion! The killers can have waaaay awesomer outfits than survivors, so getting a fun flashy k-pop idol killer that's male is just a huge letdown to me.

I also don't like that it's another killer with a long-range attack, especially since it takes a whole bunch of hits to down a survivor. And I really don't like how much he reminds me of the Joker, because I am so. damn. tired. of everyone trying to be Joker (including Jared Leto... okay, maybe especially Jared Leto).

If we were gonna get a male character like this, the devs should've skipped past the current overdone Joker-type character and gone more Masao Kakihara, instead. They could've used a mobster background or something for the male, saving the k-pop idol theme for a female.

Edit: Wanted to also mention how much it sucks that we get a new chapter with such awesome aesthetics during a time when they're not designing new maps. We should have an amazing dance club map with this chapter, but we don't. Absolutely. Disappointing.

Post edited by TragicSolitude on
  • swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

hes not annoying to play against and he can be fun to play as. this is not my fav chapter but it does add variety to the killers

• Tzeff_NL_YOUTUBE_0
    edited March 2021

😝

Design: Doesn't look like a monster. Okay, not all killers are monsters. But they all have something in common: they look threatening and could fit on their own horror movie poster. The Trickster doesn't look threatening at all!

His ability: Shoots knives rapidly like a new Overwatch character. This make the game look like a shooter game when you play as Trickster!

Conclusion: He doesn't look scary at all and his rapid-fire should earn him a spot on the Survivor side! The only survivor who can throw knives to slow the killer down...with a 60-second cooldown at tier 1. And 40 seconds at tier 3!

As a Survivor I rather have The Trickster as teammate! I don't want to be forced to run away from this rapid-firing K-Popstar!!

As a Killer, I wouldn't like to play as the Trickster. I would rather hook him!! :P

• Lokigraywolf
    Lokigraywolf Member Posts: 1

I love him

• Tzeff_NL_YOUTUBE_0

The other killers on the list can be their own star in their own horror movie. And some already are the main character in their own horror movies! This Trickster looks more like a survivor than a killer. Look at him. Do you really think he deserves his own horror movie? I don't think so....

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Love the design but he will end up weak most likely.