Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What if the survivor queue is terrible bcs of the archives?

Aztreonam78
Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131

There are so little Killer challenges in comparison to Survivor challenges the game literally forces you to play Survivor more, otherwise you get less progress to the rift.

If this is the reason, I wish if further archives could be similar to "Awakening", the very first tome that had equal amount of Killer and Survivor challenges. More Killer challenges would positively affect the matchmaking times.

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,205

Unlikely.

Main reasons are: It's less fun to play killer at higher ranks, because you face sweaty SWFs all the time who criticise you when you play well and criticise you when you don't, and also, people are more likely to play with their friends in a SWF and dick around than play alone, so you literally have to play survivor. It's a vicious cycle.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Yeah I feel like I burned through the killer archives in about two sessions but am now slogging through a mountain of survivors ones this time around.

That said I haven't bothered to actually count them so it could just be me.

I'd say survivor queues are not based on archives though I'd say the amount of tension and sweat it takes to play killer often turns a lot of players off it, so the population is heavily skewed.

There are many games where you are supposed to be this powerful scary monster but in reality can be easily wrecked and evaded by a coordinated team. Nothing worse than a feeble antagonist who is really no threat.

Just compare the Galactic Empire to the First Order, Galaxy crushing authoritarian militant state vs incompetent collection of feeble comedy zealots.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    edited March 2021

A bunch of people complained that there were too many killer challenges and it made them feel forced to play something they didn't want to. So maybe you are right about something.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

The survivor queue is long because when you play Killer you either lose and get told you suck, or win and get told you suck. Oh and the gameplay is roughly 4x more stressful, on top of that.

Hey that's not true, sometimes you also get told to ######### either in-game or on your Steam profile page if you haven't set it to private yet!

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

This. I haven't touched the specific Nurse challenges b/c I'm afraid it will be a dumpster fire. I'm worried how many matches it will take 😕

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

It was bad before the tomes, and it's still bad between tome releases.

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 416

At least for me it's true. I prefer playing killer to solo survivor. I typically play late evening when killer queues are short and survivor queues longer, so it'd be beneficial for queue times if the challenges would allow me queueing as killer.

I still have to join the long survivor queues because there are so many survivor challenges, and those take (at least for solo play where I have almost no control over what happens in the match) many more games to complete than the fewer killer challenges. I feel like I always have the wrong challenge equipped for what happens in the game when I try the survivor challenges.

However, someone from BHVR once wrote here when someone raised the same concern that the ratio of survivor/killer challenges would not affect queue times, or that more killer challenges would negatively affect queue times.

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

The survivor queue is long because playing killer sucks and I play both sides equally.

• saltmineinaction
    saltmineinaction Member Posts: 99

My boyfriend plays killer, and the amount of dab things happening in games from the survivors side, is one of the reasons he almost stopped playing killer. Survivors are running so much recover/fix-up perks and play in more toxic ways these days, that a lot of killers just stop playing. Also most leave a lobby when they either see a key or a map (but i know those can be found in chests around the trialgrounds too so thats kinda a useless thing) which makes the queue time for survivors way longer than killers.

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

The thing is, at least or me, the killer challenges are easier. Unless it's a "Kill X survivors during the endgame" or "Break X pallets or gens in a single match", the rest of the missions are pretty easy. For survivors instead, they get "Cleanse 1X totems", "stun the killer X times in a match" or the infamous "finish 2 gens while on the killer's terror radius"

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

If you don't take killer seriously and are willing to farm alot of survivors catch on if you are trying to do Nurse challenges right now. I just kept blinking in one spot and survivors started to stand in front of me and let me hit them. 😂

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Yeah, but when there was an equal amount, according to the devs, the queue times got really bad.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

In theory there should be 4 times more survivor challenges, right? Because you need 4 survivors and 1 killer in a game. So if it is half-half, it is already pulling in more killers and reducing survivor queue times.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,189

The queue was already bad for survivors before the archive update

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I don't trust the devs half the time. They do good here and there but it feels inconsistent. For every 1 thing they get right, it feels like they get another 6 things wrong.

• Boomer_Zoomer
    Boomer_Zoomer Member Posts: 29

The devs who said that Dead Hard is only used in 5% of high-rank matches?