Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

RESPECT THE KEY NERF

REL1_C
REL1_C Member Posts: 619
edited March 2021 in General Discussions
I understand, keys and mori's should of been nerfed at the same time but in reality, that's impossible.

Mori's:

Mori's were seriously a bad design, the worse design by any developer but they made up for that by nerfing them after many years. My real concern is keys.

Keys:

It doesn't matter if your in a swf or playing solo, as easy as it might sound, survivors have to complete gens so it isn't as free as a mori. I have never been so nervous for the dbd community, poor devs. They could go either direction, get nerfed massively and make the survivors hate the devs "even more". Or make it a small nerf so killers mains will think the game is survivor sided.

• No matter the decision, be respectful and try to understand why the developers do what they do.

Comments

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Holding a button on a gen is harder than chasing a survivor, hitting them once, chase some more, hit them again and get them to a hook. Then repeat for next survivor..... interesting 🤔

• REL1_C
  • Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

This would make sense... Except, they left the Mori's as is for years since the last Mori nerf. There's no real rush to do it.

• Kirkylad

You're saying keys aren't as free of a win as a Mori. I'm sorry but keys are just a free escape and this is coming from someone who plays more survivor than killer. You can literally do nothing all game, let your team die, then wait for the killer to close the hatch and then jump straight in it. You can't do nothing all game and get kills as the killer.

• REL1_C

That's true but with the old mori, all the killer would have to do is wait until a survivor is off the hook and tunnel them. I suppose the experience of the survivors will change how OP mori's are while keys are always strong. I too play survivor more and I'm a solo, if they do nerf keys then I would love it to be more "solo friendly".

• Kirkylad

They could remove both for me honestly I only use either for archives or achievements. And I'm the same only play solo and seeing a P3 Claudette with a key in your lobby is always worrying lol.

• REL1_C

Now you know full well that's just your opinion, no offense. I do agree, removing them might solve many issues but you know killer mains and survivor mains aren't that forgiving. If mori's were removed, eh so what there [BAD WORD] now anyway. If Developers removed keys, pray for the developers.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

Remove both and make "cypress mori" basekit, i dream...

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    edited March 2021

Both are/were equally badly designed, mories evaded killer's main objective as much as keys do with generators. Finishing generators is literally as easy as getting hooks on survivors, both is doing one side's main objective and both sides are able to do both extemely fast without much effort vs weaker opponents.

They could have done extremely easy and fair fix to adress the keys - Hatch spawns only when 5 gens are repaired or when there is only 1 last survivor remaining.

Easy perfect fix without almost any work, isnted were're waiting for some random overcomplicated change they tought of which might not even adress the main issues keys have.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

the key deserves a nerf beucase if survivors were doing gens while the killer was focusing survivors who were "moriable" u coudl still get a 2 man escape by hatch, there was enough time for that, the thing survivors now have way more time because moris are just bad and the keys remain the same, the keys are op in their own way as moris were, the difference is that moris are a killing animation (wich in many cases depending on the killer could take more time than hooking that survivor) meanwhile keys remain powerfull as they ever were.

• REL1_C

I totally agree but how?

How are keys going to get nerfed like mori's. I know for a FACT that the devs aren't going to nerf keys like mori's.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited March 2021

very easy, only the key user can escape trough hatch... if they want multiple escapes they need multiple keys, also, imo they should make it impossible to plunder a Key on chests with PLUNDERS INSTINCT, (but increase the odds of getting better items because is jsut sad getting multiple brown items with that perk, so could be buffed that way) because for real people can abuse perks and get multiple keys per match so reduce it or make it way harder to get... thats an easy way to nerf them. and if survivors now start bringing multiple keys their keys may get nerf again, if not imposible to get a key on chests just way way harder.

• Kirkylad

That would be cool even if I'm the one getting mori'd we get to end the match with a cool animation. I'd love that honestly.

• Kirkylad

I just don't see the need to make the game easy because to me that makes it boring. The only thing keys are good for to me are to add to my collection in my items screen lol.