Rank Ones what do you get out of bullying killers just trying to learn?

Options
TheseLies
TheseLies Member Posts: 5

I've been playing nurse recently, I'm new and on console. Yet everytime I play her I'm thrown in rank one lobbies even though I'm green ranks. Of course I'm bullied, and teabagged the whole ######### time. The perk line ups are always BT,DH,DS,Iron Will. Like what the hell are you getting out of even playing the game like this you childish asshats.

Comments

• Nehalennya
    Nehalennya Member Posts: 39
    Options

this is dbd... you have two options now: 1. try to accept it and continue practising nurse until the day you really know how to play her (if you continue with her , there will be your day of revenge- it is nearly impossible to counter a really good nurse player- but you need lots - a loooot - of patience) or 2. play another game. the community will never change- there are a lot of toxic people in this community- but on the other hand lots of friendly players. When you are on console you can be lucky- you don't have a chat AFTER games as far as I know. It is ridicilous what some players are writing after a game in the chat- sometimes it is the best to skip the chat on pc.

You also can look forward for the matchmaking system change- but I am not really sure if it will work the way it is planned or if devs will mess up with it or make it worse.

If you are a new player it could be a good decision to play with another killer who is easier to play with until you have a bit more experience and better map knowledge in my opinion, because you can better track survs down with a nurse, when you exactly know where everything is on a map. The toxic behaviour is not just on surv side- some killers are ruining game experience for survs too with "tactics" like facecamping with a leatherface and calling this skill or ignoring when a surv got kicked out of a game at 5 gens left... So you meet on both side lots of toxic players who are not interested if someone is just new or not - but you can find a lots of nice people for having fun in this game or which are good and like to help new or unexperienced players :) So don't give up if you like this game- but be aware of 2 things: 1. community will never change 2. this game has more bugs.... (uhm i mean features of course) ... than every other game you played before.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

The survivors don't know till after the game what rank of killer they're facing. So you can't really complain about their perks.

I don't understand them t-bagging killers that are obviously new to the game.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,978
    edited March 2021
    Options

You're no better (maybe even worse) than those survivors if you're gonna say that to someone that was just giving polite advice. I'm gonna take the bait anyways.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Soulslayer618
    Soulslayer618 Member Posts: 488
    Options

dude theyre trying to help and give advice

I got almost 1500 hours and Im in the same boat as you

you just gotta roll with it as best as you can and if it becomes too much then take a break (thats what Im currently doing after getting ######### on and bullied a bunch)

all I really know is - people are mean and they dont have a reason

• killz4fun
    killz4fun Member Posts: 165
    edited March 2021
    Options

@TheseLies I think there's just a bunch of survivor that like to harass on killers.. so don't take it personally.. the are just like that..

Just consider that they will help you to practice more on your nurse skills..

Nurse it's complicated, I took a lot of bullying before getting to a solid Nurse killer.. but you will be bullied by the a-holes regardless..

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

Why does teabagging trigger people so much?

And I don't believe you that it is always red ranks, I think you are exaggerating. Do screenshots of ALL your games and post them here as a proof.

I think you are frustrated only because you are new to nurse and don't know how to play with her good.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,915
    Options

Some red ranks have attitude issues, but try to keep in context that it is just SOME of red ranks. The brain tends to remember negative happenings better than good ones. That's why you may play, say, 6 matches; 5 had lovely people who gave you compliments, advice or even a simple "gg", but it will always be that one match where one person dubs you a "n00b" that sticks out the most.

There's not much you can do, but it's best to depersonalise the experience. Think of your opponents as npc's, with the colours representative of Beginner, Easy, Medium, Hard, Nightmare Mode. That way, you can even think of their psychology as ways to throw you off your game. However, everyone has patterns in their play, whether they're conscious of it or not. Use that to depersonalise.

Finally, ecen if you are triggered, don't let them know. I empathise it's tricky sometimes, but it's the best way to empower yourself.

Best of luck!

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

Yeah people like that make the game miserable which is why a lot of people just don't try going into a match as killer anymore.

The funny thing is as soon as they get beat by a killer and the killer is toxic to them they'll be the first ones getting upset and complaining about it even though they do it on a regular.

The irony is astonishing lol.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,915
    Options

In fairness, a red rank would be right to assume their opponent ought to be a red rank too, since they won't know what rank they're facing until the end.

I mean, sure - if it's obvious a killer is punching above their weight, they could either just get the gates open and get out quickly or maybe give the killer a couple of hits throughout the trial to boost their confidence. Yet ultimately they just won't know for certain until that result page comes up.

The real problem with bullies are the derankers - those who quite clearly have all the best tier 3 perks and devotion levels who deliberately derank to make themselves feel good. They're the ones which really need blasting, so hopefully this new MMR will put a stop to that.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    edited March 2021
    Options

Some people are just born neurologically defective sociopaths? It's not their fault so I wouldn't blame them. It's more the millions of years of faulty genetics that went in to stitching together their sad little egos. If anything I'd feel sorry for them and move on.

Also it takes a good solid month of playing NOTHING but Nurse to even begin to understand the highly nuanced multi-faceted strategizing and muscle memory required to even do remotely well as Sally.

Oh and if you decide to take a break from her? Don't. Trust me just don't. I took a months break and it took me another month of derping about just to get back into her lol.

Stick at it, she is the most fun you'll ever have in dbd once that switch clicks into place XD

My main problem with her however is what to wear! I mean seriously she has the most amazing wardrobe. EVERYTHING looks good on her lol.