Why we love Otzdarva

For anyone who loves to watch Otz, tell me your reasons as to why you enjoy watching him? I like Otz because I learn something new from him quite a bit whether it be from his videos or sometimes watching his streams. He also likes anime which is cool, has a personality that I find very hard to search for in other streamers, and the guy is very good at the game. You can go and tell him right now to use the worst killer perks in the game on Trapper, and you can probably more than likely expect him to 4K.

Comments

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

50 win streaks videos are very entertaining...if you want someone who plays well and is very charismatic I recommend monto

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Even tho I don't really like true I would rather watch him than otz because otz just plays killer and is kinda bad as survivor.

Zubat is a really good survivor but I don't watch him often. I rarely watch anything tbh but If I do it is usually not otz.

• magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499

I watch otz on occasion. He is good at the game... can be arrogant at times, but so can I. I really only watch him because I miss No0b3.

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 743

I love more killer mains who put enough effort on mastering a killer just to demonstrate to everyone else how "weak killers" like clown are underrated. You and @ClownisKing (why can't i tag him?) have proved most people wrong, thank you :)

• REL1_C
    REL1_C Member Posts: 619

Same, No0b3 was the best dbd content create, well at least one of them.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

I might need to try to watch more of his videos, but for now I'm entertained while learning something watching Ohmwrecker. I think I need a jovial or comedic side salad to this game lol.

• Pat00tSack
    Pat00tSack Member Posts: 72

I like his stuff, he's not so out there trying to be entertaining (others I guess call him dry/unfunny) but personally it's refreshing to watch and get some good learning in. It's just like sitting there with your bud who's not making a big spectacle of showing you the ins an outs of the game.

• magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499

I can see why people dont like him, but he was just so chill. And it was just great.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

Would like to have Clown gameplay to show off at some point

• latinfla4

I felt he was just being more sarcastic and playing it for laughs

• Thicc_Boi_Myers
    Thicc_Boi_Myers Member Posts: 52

really? bc in my opinion i hated No0b3 he was just very unfunny but tried so hard to be. he was lucky to get the subs due to winning the algorithm jackpot. i also dont like how he played on stretched res.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

Barely watch him. Mostly because I prefer German speaking content creators over others. Also while his style of analyzing gameplay is quite refreshing, it sometimes a little bit too much for me. But I understand why people like his content.

• ClownIsUnderrated

Plus I like the fact the he admits that he's not the best at certain killers, and actually owns up to his mistakes. Something certain streamers don't like to admit for some reason, guess that makes them think it'll make them look bad?

• Thicc_Boi_Myers

same he just teaches you and it just clicks. he still jokes around but i just learn so much from him and his higher edited content is also great.

overall just very entertaining.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited March 2021

He appears to have a somewhat fair opinion in terms of balance. I try to be un-bias myself but I can't help it. Most of the time I end up siding with killers.

Post edited by EvilJoshy on
  • latinfla4

Didnt see that one there was one video that says he is playing to his character one of the Halloween ones where he was going to dress up as day of the dead legion when he mentioned it...figured it was an act like how James rolfe plays the angry video game nerd but is pretty chill when talking about other things

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

I temporarily quit playing DBD after the Moonrise event in 2019. I went back to it in 2020 but quit playing it again until the 4th anniversary event came out. While I stopped playing I watched Otzdarva's content because he was one of the few DBD content creators I enjoyed. I've learned a lot from him and without him I don't think I would have came back to DBD. Otz has a huge impact on the DBD community, in a great way. He's wholesome, always a good sport, and even those that are not fans of his content still oughta love the big guy.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,309

No, he is the same in every video. He seems like a nice guy, someone I'd like to be friends with, but his content isn't really entertaining. The only dbd streamers I find entertaining are Ohmwrecker, who isn't the greatest player, but is funny, and CoconutRTS only because I love his Blood Warden attempts and how good he is with mediocre perks and add-ons.

• ClownIsUnderrated

Otz should talk to his lawyers about that guy, that not Otzdarva guy is always stealing his content.

• Thicc_Boi_Myers

yeah ikr and i think he has taken the rat (holly) hostage from otzdarva. someone needs to call the cops on this mad man.

• Thicc_Boi_Myers

i dont personally agree with your views on otz but Coco always happy to find another coco fan

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited March 2021

I like the guy, he's had a few good memes here and there. Not a huge fan of the way he plays but who am I to judge, he's playing to win and he's pretty good at that so why should I critique his playstyle if it's clearly working. I'll watch his streams every now and then.

This next point is probably true for 99% of all streams but his chat's attitude is atrocious and I've never wanted to keep it on or interact with the people in it in the slightest.

His views on the game are...interesting to say the least. I think he thinks way too highly of Hag and other things but meh, it's all subjective, I just disagree with most of the things he says and that's fine.

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054

This is a rough subject. From all the years of games I've played, and the amount of forums I've been on over the years a lot of people don't really like content creators all that much. I really like Otz though. He can be pretty funny, and he gives good gameplay insights. Although whenever I see him play clown I cringe, but that's okay he's still a baby clown. He's a pretty good player, and makes good content in my opinion. Although if we go into the survivor side of dbd content it's just super bad. All the same format and nothing special like always.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,843

I enjoy his gameplay, I just think some of his win streaks are carried by predominantly bad opponents he faces but meh who cares. I only stopped watching him for a bit when ruin undying first came out and it was meta, that was too boring but thankfully he is using different builds now.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

Check out some of NotOtzdarva's videos, those tend to be more humorous (look up reverse chainsaw into quentin hiding in a corner)

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,309

It's okay, different people enjoy different things. But YASSS! It's nice to meet another Coco fan! <3

I will say that I do enjoy Otz's Trapper videos. He's the best Trapper I know.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

My two favorite content creators are Otz and OhTofu. I like Otz for a number of reasons -- he can play very intense matches, but at the end, he's still a good sport and tried to maintain a positive attitude about the game and the people who play it. He's incredibly knowledgeable, and the amount of work he's put into his instructional videos shows an amazing amount of dedication to both the game and to helping other people trying to learn it -- if you've sat through the 8 hour (I think) video that goes through EVERY killer add-on and their uses, you'd see how in-depth he can go, and how much you can learn that you didn't know before. His sense of humor is dry and reserved, but I enjoy it. And almost every match I watch him play, I see something I can learn from to be a better player.

I like OhTofu for much of the same reasons -- he's more chill during his matches and has a different style of humor (which I also like) -- but much of what you can say about Otz applies to him as well. I think in both cases you can tell they each just love playing the game, and there definitely are DBD content creators I've watched who seem like playing the game is a chore for them -- that's not so much fun to watch.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176

I'd rather watch Hexy if I'm trying to learn more about killer. Dude was undefeated for like 2 straight months (3k or more) and his streams are always a great time.

Like others have said, I think Otz is very dry/boring personality-wise, gameplay wise he's educational but besides that, the entertainment factor is near 0 for me. If you like him, thats cool tho. Definitely a good player.

• TwinnedHawks8772
    TwinnedHawks8772 Member Posts: 50

Understandable, to enjoy his videos you need to enjoy watching dbd gameplay, not just watching charismatic people who happen to be playing it. It's also interesting to watch him do stuff like placing a trap at the beginning of a game "this trap will be useful later" and then have the final survivor run into it at the end of the match, or completely predicting a survivor's whole movement in his second chase with them and ambush them at the perfect moment after not seeing them for 10-20 seconds.

• N851
    N851 Member Posts: 27

I like otz because of the positivity that he brings into the community, I think there needs to be more people like him in dbd. I took a 3 month break from the game and occasionally I would watch his videos, but then I found myself getting more and more interested in the game again bc I watched him play more and more. He also serves as a good teacher to help improve people and myself in the game. I also just find him really funny, I know some people don't find him funny but that's okay they are entitled to their opinion.

• JudyIscariot
    JudyIscariot Member Posts: 71

He's incredibly informative and I love his dry sense of humor. The video intros are great. Also, his 'every perk in the game' videos are great to watch when I've got 5-10 minutes free.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

The survivor pool otz gets makes me facepalm to much and is agonizing to watch.

At least tru3 and Monto get gen rushers or decent 4 Man squads now and then.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I main Trapper before I know Otz. Needless to say. His become my main DBD channel to watch

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

I think what I like about him the most is the experimentation factor. He's always messing around with different killers, perk combinations and always striving to improve his gameplay as well as his content. They go hand in hand

The most recent example was his recent Nurse streak, he struggled quite a lot to get it and it made it all the more greater when he finally settled on a build and got it. I know some people have given him flak for his streak videos recently but to me the videos aren't soley about 'winning', it's about otz having a goal and trying all different methods, builds and playstyles as a means to achieve it.

He's also one of the dbd streamers who doesn't berate their opponents on a frequent basis. He gets tilted at times obviously, It's just part of the dbd experience but when he's up against inexperienced players he doesn't go out of his way to be immature about it like some other streamers I've seen do.

I can say with 100% certainty I've learned more from Otz about Killer (And by proxy, survivor) than any other dbd content creator I watch consistantly

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,048

He's just some guy.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I used to think he was boring until I started watching his twitch streams instead of only his YouTube videos. Now I watch his streams almost every day.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

We have shirts for other streamers, I wanna know when I can get an Otzdarva themed shirt in game....