The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Keys = Let’s void the match

Why is this still a thing?

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

They’re changing them soon we just have to be patient

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

Although they are broken when used properly, you gotta have a fairly competent team or you gotta be pretty bad to have more than 2 people escape with key. Yeah it can be annoying to lose that last kill but its not that bad

• CryptFriend
    CryptFriend Member Posts: 416

I--I don't think you have to say anything? I'm not entirely sure what the OP's point is, to be honest...

Still, I don't hate keys--If someone escapes with a key, I just consider it a loss on their end.

After all, if they're looking to leave with just a key, then the gates were never opened, which means my primary goal is presumably completed to a "good enough" level.

Maybe I'm wrong, I donno, It's up to how you feel, I guess?

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 234

I had a match where the last survivor was literally pointing at me trying to sell me out to the killer with 1 gen left to repair, but the remaining ones were all too close together. I happened to find a key in the basement, and got the hell out of there. Personally, I find that a proper use. I recognize that's a very specific and uncommon exception though. The fact there is a trophy/achievement for all survivors escaping in a public match through the hatch doesn't help. I can support removing them from the blood web, and replacing the Broken Key with another aura reading item that makes more sense, and making keys only spawn in game, and maybe only if the hatch is already visible.

• megaweenieman
    megaweenieman Member Posts: 323

Lobby dodging is not really effective for the survivors who stack plunderers and coins to guarantee they get hatch even when you find I and close first

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

1) This wasn't confirmed. They simply stated they'll look over keys in the future.

2) This is BHVR. 'Soon' means months, if not years.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Priorities. They've got other stuff on their plate like DLC lol.

At least we're getting DS changes (and hopefully Object too).

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

Sigh. Here we go again with the whining about keys. Couldn’t you have at least revived one of the bazillion older threads?

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

Why void a match because one side brings an item which is popular to complain about. The whole point is both sides can bring unfair stuff so I don’t like the idea of canceling a match because right now killers can’t handle keys.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

They did confirm that they are currently looking at them and have even play tested ideas

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

Killers can't handle keys because they usually give a free-escape to what would've been a 4K. It's frustrating to deal with.

Moris aren't comparable with keys anymore ever since the nerf, and a lot of instadown/exhaustion addons have either been taken away or are getting reworked. I don't see much unfairness that killers can bring.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

It's not even that keys are that strong. It's just that a match with a key will never be satisfying.

You either stomp the survivors and the key never mattered. But you just played a boring stompfest

Or the survivor stomp you so hard the key never mattered. But then you were the one getting stompfested so that wasen't satisfying either

Or you are equally skilled and the key skips the part where the scales of the match just start tipping towards killer.

It's never a good match with a key. So why bother playing a game with one

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389

There aren't that many keys out there, so you can dodge all the lobbies with keys.

The only problem is when they equip the key in the lasts seconds, you have 3 options: pay atenttion and dodge inmediatedly, disconnect from the game and watch some youtube or twitter 5 minutes or just accept the result and prepare to be t-bagged.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

If you quit from the loading screen you don't get a penalty.

The devs have it all in place to give you a penalty but they aren't turning it on now. Most likely because of this exact issue

• megaweenieman

Except there is nothing killers can bring to void the match that can’t be countered unlike survivors,

• megaweenieman

Lobby dodging is not really effective for the survivors who stack plunderers and coins to guarantee they get hatch even when you find I and close first. The chance of getting one of two keys to open hatch is quite likely.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

If keys just took time to open hatch and fairly alerted the killer they would be fine.

One issue with key's is that they simply have no counters against smart survivors as smart survivors usually last second switch to keys and drop them in an easy to find place. Tunneling also doesn't get rid of the key as other survivors can still use it nor does franklins since you can drop the key to avoid it being affected by franklins.

Because of the above I hope that when they do rework key's they also lock survivors loadouts at like 30s left on the timer so if a key is brought the killer can at least try to destroy it with franklins.

• TinyRick7128
    TinyRick7128 Member Posts: 13

Why do all of you whine? From perks and add-ons that allow insta-down, a higher walking speed, perks like Ruin and the fact that the only keys that can open it are purple and pink tier. You act like killers are supposed to win every game. Stop crying or find a new game to try and ruin. Just because your life revolves around a video game and nothing else doesn't mean u try to ruin it for people who play for fun. Keys don't need to be balanced or changed to help your ego

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443
  • Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443

With this rant it sounds more like your life revolves around a video game

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Why should the killer get an alert if they are opening the hatch? Having it take time to open would make sense. An alert wouldn't.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,170

Easiest thing to do is just avoid people who bring keys. Its not like killers nor survivors have crazy long ques, I'd rather not deal with them and just switch lobbies.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578
    edited March 2021

Sigh...do I really need to go into depth about why your post is silly?

-Killers have Ebony Mori

-Survivor is about to run to hatch, but killer closes it

-some killer add-ons let you see the auras of survivors.

See what I did there? Stop acting like killers don't have their own advantages to them.

• Buckoben
    Buckoben Member Posts: 351
    edited March 2021

Sigh...do I really need to go into depth about why your post is silly?

-Mori's have been nerfed.

-But they have a key so they can open it immediately after a killer shuts it.

-Not all killers have that ability which you admit.

See what I did there? Stop acting as if keys are balanced.

• Pulvoriser
    Pulvoriser Member Posts: 48

Escape % for keys are around 1%

Stop crying about it, it's honestly not a problem. No more then gen rushing 4 tool boxes with new parts

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

I mean imagine if killers could find an old mori sounds pretty fair to me. Right?

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

Why shouldn't they? Im not saying they should get something like a notification when hatch starts being opened with keys but in some form if the killer is near they should know, read my idea and tell me is this unfair?

• Boogiekingmyers
    Boogiekingmyers Member Posts: 44

Yup, that and they disable the option to switch killers in a lobby.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Well, killers knew moris were to be changed, and used them up, too. I at least did. For months, i used a mori every time i played killer.

Well, also keys do have a disadvantage. Its very likly you are to be tunneled and camped if you bring one. On the other hand, as a solo player, it keeps you going if you have someone dc or suicide on first hook because they dont like the killer/map/chars their teammates play.

A lot will depend on how keys are changed. If they become useless, i think the game will become very boring, because if someone suicides or dcs, if there is no realistic reason to keep playing, you can just run to the killer and suicide yourself, or you only play swf, and stomp the killers.

Or, the new matchmaking works like the past games i had, where the killers tend to get 2 kills, because 2 players were way below the killers skill level, and the other two were way above (so in several games, we managed to do 2 or 3 gens in a 2v1 scenario). If the matchmaking works like that, it still will be boring.