Spirit

is the spirit easy or difficult to play? I read different opinions and each of them was different from the others

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Fairly easy but takes a match or two get used to her

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236

People like to claim she's too easy if you have a decent headset, but I find all the other sounds in the game, especially generators, or other survivors, or even her own whines and grunts, still drown out the noises survivors make more often than not. Definitely don't play her with Whispers, you won't hear a damn thing.

You have to be lucky and get them away from any other noise sources.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited March 2021

I just recently played her again after not playing dbd for years. I'm doing pretty well with getting 4ks more often than with other killers. I'm on console, don't use a headset, and don't use stridor either against red and purple ranks. Those things can help a lot but even without them she is pretty solid. I think I use sloppy, pop goes the weasel, BBQ, and spies from the shadows (maybe nurses calling) if I remember correctly which works well for. I think most of those perks are tier 1 and 2.

I think she is a little over powered right now but I don't think she is as insane as people make her out to be a lot of the time. You primarily just have to play her with mind games rather than the natural mechanics like most killers which is interesting. You can get a lot of free hits standing still because survivors aren't sure if you are phasing or not.

Id say she is somewhere between where half the people say she is is super easy and the other half saying she is one of the hardest killers. In some ways she is easier but in others she harder. She has a latgely reasonable learning curb imo but does need a slight nerf

Post edited by IWasLeft2Die on
  • GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

People claim she's easy due to the belief "you only need a good headset."

There is some truth to this. Getting good at Spirit relies heavily on your ability to track by sound, and against most survivors, this is enough. It'll be like lambs to the slaughter. There's also the standstill crap, but I'm going to assume you're actually using your power.

Against some of the better survivors? Things get tricky. They'll bring Iron Will that silences or muffles them (depending on if you bring Stridor), they'll start juking with the scratch marks, bring Spine Chill to know for a fact where you are looking, they'll crouch making them seem further than they are to throw you off and burn through your brief duration, and then punish you by making distance during your long recovery.

It's important to not burn through all your duration in a chase. You want to keep your phases brief so you don't eat the long 15-sec recovery. Eventually, you're going to need to start predicting the better survivors before letting your ears guide you. otherwise, you'll probably get the hit, but combined with the recovery, it'll take too long that a good team will beat you.

She's not easy, but she's not Nurse or Blight levels of hard/complex. It's a bit like Doc or Bubba where you'll chew through bad teams, but against good ones, you'll need some practice.

When all is said and done though? Congrats, you're the 2nd best killer in the game. Enjoy the frequent disconnects!

• NoxVeno
    NoxVeno Member Posts: 177

depends on survivor style. loopers HATE her. Stealth just listen to her moan then go back to the gens.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

One of the easiest killer to learn,

You just need to have good headsets and the correct audio settings pfft ######### it throw in an equalizer as well and stridor. Survivors can never escape your grasp

• Breque
    Breque Member Posts: 427

If you have an headsets its ez

if you have stridor it gest even more ez

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785
  • Rank_21
    Rank_21 Member Posts: 52

She's so easy to counter. Just look at the shards, they glow when she's phasing.

• NoOneKnowsNova

Doesn't exactly help when I'm breathing at 125% on an already loud character (Jeff) while making injured noises at 50% and she, for the most part, knows my exact location regardless if I run, walk, or crouch walk.

• NoOneKnowsNova

Gonna disagree with you then. She's on par with many of the killers difficulty I'd say, or atleast from personal experience. In no particular order, I'd say Nurse, Hag, Huntress, Plague, Demo, Oni, Ph (Less the tunneling more the POTD) and Blight are all harder killers. Does that make her 9th? Nah, she feels the same difficulty to me when I was learning Bubbas hitboxes or Docs shock timing.

She's far from the easiest killer, but from killers that are A tier and above, she is the second easiest killer to me, and a long way from third easiest.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited March 2021

Plague, PH, Oni and Demo are all pretty easy. Hag has a learning curve but still lower than Spirit in my opinion.

I would put Nurse, Huntress and Blight above her.

A lot of people can misconstrue kill results with killer difficulty. Spirit requires more skill from the survivor so since most survivors are bad you can get a lot of kills. Those kills are a result of bad survivors not her ease of use.

In other words, we don't want to confuse "Strength" with "Skill Required".

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

She has a steep learning curve, but her base kit is relatively strong. Bad spirits against bad survivors will result in 3ks, for most parts. Once you get used to her, which means not only having a good headset but also predicting what survivors will do and where survivors will go, her skill ceiling is much, much higher, and she becomes much more difficult to counter.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

She's listed as hard, and people did consider her a little tricky that's why you would see so many reddit threads of newbies asking for advice. The "shes braindead easy to play" is a myth that people use to throw shade.

A newbie to the game is not going to have the easiest time with her. At 4.4m/s you get easily looped, so just relying on speed and bloodlust isn't an option. You're not just relying on sounds you're going to need some game knowledge too because a lot of Spirit against good survivors is predicting what they will do next, where they want to go, how they might try to fool you.

She's not as hard as Nurse or Huntress is to learn but she's definitely not a killer that a newbie can pick up and win with.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

Are you debating buying her?

What killers do you play right now?

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,502

Depending on how unpredictable the survivors you play against are, fairly easy, but it's still possible to be absolutely destroyed by survivors

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

A decent set of headphones plus strider and a couple of warm up matches and you'll be on to 4K the majority of matches. For how powerful she is she's to easy to play.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,867

I am so of the opinion that people that say Spirit takes 0 skill what so ever are saying it out of salt. However, as a Spirit main, she can definitely feel too easy for how strong she is. She’s almost on the same level as Nurse in terms of strength but the difference of her and Spirit’s learning curve is pretty absurd. I love Spirit to death and I would love for her skill cap to be raised a lot and for her to have more counterplay.

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293

Unless she is wearing the school girl cosmetic in which you can’t see them

but you already knew that right?

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

As long as you have two good hearing ears, I'd say quite easy.

• Midievalfantasy
    Midievalfantasy Member Posts: 30

I love Spirit. She is easy, but she takes getting used to. She's better with the right perks. If you aren't good with paying attention to the environment or sounds, she's probably not for you since you can't see people when she's phasing. I always play as a fun friendly killer, though so I'm not really one to give advise. I honestly just picked her as my killer because she's freaking beautiful. Yeah, it's shallow and stupid, I'm aware. It's also for this very shallow and stupid reason that I love going against spirits. I just like looking at her. Unless it's the blight skin, then I'm sad. Again, I'm aware of how stupid this is. I don't care. It makes me happy, which is what matters to me.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 989
    edited March 2021

Spirit is 50% doing reads on a 3D environment and 50% using your ears precisely, which are skills that are rarely relied on videogames. I honestly think she is the third hardest killer in the game, only losing to Nurse and Blight. I play all killers by the way.

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429

She's way too easy to play for the power she brings.

Just think of a nurse spinoff but for dummies, you'd do everything easily, extra points if you bring stridor, they can't counter you.