Survivor's don't care about killers having fun at all

Past 3 days it's been nothing but haddonsfield, corn maps, gideon meat plant, and 2nd chance perks. How are killers supposed to have fun when the survivors want full control at all times? Let me pick freddy and slap on a dead dawg saloon offering, I'll get called trash and boring.

Comments

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

Okay? If they keep doing that then throw on a map offering of your own. Sweating and trying to gain a favourable advantage for yourself isn't a survivor exclusive thing in this game. You can do the same thing they're doing if you're tired of being on the receiving end.

• kesLV
    kesLV Member Posts: 50

you dont need to care anything else than your own game, enyoj the game and play it your way thats all..

• SilentHillOnDvD
    SilentHillOnDvD Member Posts: 487

The thing is that people do talk to the devs about things in the game that are unfair and unbalanced but they just ignore them. Freddy is getting nerfed because he's apparently too op and boring to play against. All people can do is try and make the game balanced by not running all the open stuff until they balance them out.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

This. But I think I have three meta perks–Adrenaline, BT and IW. I feel dropping two for fun perks will be a good idea.

I love Fixated for instance.

Killer's fun is important to me too. If I feel they wanna give up, I don't have fun myself. I'm selfish: I care for others having fun so I can have fun, and everyone has fun.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I don't know if I'm alone on this, but @MadLordJack can attest to me sacrificing myself to a Charlotte and Billy who were struggling super hard and I wanted them to have fun too ;w; I clipped me giving Charlotte hatch and then leading her to hook me after everyone escaped because after hitting me she just nodded her head yes and I fell in love lol <3!!!

• SilentHillOnDvD

My fun is 12 hooking which survivors like killers to do instead of camping and slugging whole game. I can't do that if the game is so unbalanced and survivors are stronger then killers by default.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

It still won't do anything to complain to other people for using these things because most people won't limit themselves just for you and the people who would, already do. You can either complain or give feedback to the developers, just accept that "it is what it is" or stop playing. Sadly we got no other choice.

Also I believe Freddy only needs a higher skill cap, not a nerf. His only problem is how easy he is, his actual strength isn't even close to S tier killers.

• just_teme
    just_teme Member Posts: 195

You play to have fun why care about what random people on the internet tell you what you can and cant do. Both sides have very unfun mechanics but its the devs job to figure out what to change or limit.

• GamerGirlFeng
    GamerGirlFeng Member Posts: 277

To be honest, I used to care. I used to do everything I could to give killers a good amount of BP and play nice, including self sacrificing myself. Sometimes it was appreciated and the rest of the times I'd have EZ thrown in my face.. eventually I got tired of it.

I used to care.. until killer mains repeatedly told me "Your fun isn't my responsibility." So I learned from them. Granted sometimes I'll still be nice when it looks like they're struggling... but the same is never returned when I'm struggling. Instead they use it to their advantage and I kick myself for being such a schmuck.

I used to care until I came to the realization that killers don't see me as person behind the screen, so I've been trying to do the same.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I don't care about your fun at all, I have zero reason to play "nice". I bought this game and I am going to play it however I want.

And I am speaking about both sides. Stop bitching and moaning all the time and play the game for once, if you are not enjoying it simply don't play it.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

I generally try to keep things fun for the opposing side. If I'm a survivor I won't use ds and will rarely use flashlights for example. As killer I won't facecamp, camp, or use noed very often. I still try to win but I don't want to win in such a way that makes the other side not want to play anymore. You can't have a game where no one wants to play one side.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

Yeah, they don't. I've stopped caring for survivors' fun when playing killer. If they meme around me then I'll meme with them, not the other way around.

• SilentHillOnDvD

Most of the stuff on the forums is just people complaining about random things in the game just like me. Doesn't mean I should stop sharing my experiences with the game just because in the end it won't change anything.

Freddy is fine right now. Not all killers should take a lot of skills to use ( take a look at wrath and bubba). There's a clear difference between a bad freddy and a good freddy so clearly he takes some sort of skill.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

queen sh!t omg 💖 I do the same thing and sometimes leave gifts for them if I need to pip up or just really enjoyed the match before leaving! I want everyone to enjoy the match-- I pack kindred for myself AND the person on hook, that way they can get a chance to play rather than sit and possibly die on first/second hook :)! Also, when I see someone bully the killer for no reason I usually wait to save them or teabag them on hook before saving out of spite! I'm not perfect, if I get hardcore tunneled or bullied by the killer I might teabag with the vigor of a very thirsty tea drinker, but I would never go out of my way to make their game a nightmare.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

I've just gotten back from the Survivor Main Council, and my god, you're right.

Survivors don't care about killer fun.

They also steal people's lunch money in secret and don't tip.

• SilentHillOnDvD

Where have you survivors that care about killers fun been for the past 3 days? I have loads of screenshots of survivors using keys map offerings and all metal perks rushing gens

• Midievalfantasy
    Midievalfantasy Member Posts: 30

Being slaughtered, I think. :D These past few days have been brutal.

• SilentHillOnDvD

Past 3 days has been survivors not caring about killers having fun. It's more survivors then killers so it's pretty easy to see that most survivors only care about themselves. I play survivor and get a killer every now and again who will slug at 5 gens with a ebony mori on bubba

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    edited March 2021

That's your experienc. We all have different experiences on this game. Don't you think it's a bit arrogant to think that your experience reflects everybody's?

And again, it's not their job to babysit you. It's not their job to fulfill your sense of entitlement. It's their goal to have fun, and whether or not that fun is at the detriment of yours isn't their concern. Plus, it could still be the case that matchmaking is just giving you survivors who are beyond your skill level. Fun in DBD is directly correlated with skill (which is why nobody likes going against SWF), and if you're playing at a level that's too high, it's not going to be fun (especially since rank reset just happened).

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,287

What's item-donating? Do killers get something out of items left behind?

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

The exact same thing can be said about killers. Both sides have people like that.

• ShamelessPigMain

No, it's when the baby Dwight walks up to you, drops an item, and then either crouch walks away or does unspeakable things to your pelvic area. You can't get the offerings, since what the hell is a trapper supposed to do with a flashlight, but it's a peace offering, since they could have escaped with the item but gave it up as a gift to you. It's the thought that counts.

• Midievalfantasy
    Midievalfantasy Member Posts: 30

No, killers get nothing out of it. Leaving an item is basically just a way for the survivor to tell the killer thanks for a good game in case you won't be able to tell them so in end game chat.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

But then you'll go up against a chill swf that's just wanting to have fun, then you'll get them aggravated and make them want to be toxic and sweat their balls off.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

With exception to playing as a SWF or using DS when the killer isn't tunnelling , there are far less people saying that survivors can't do X Y or Z in comparison to what the average killer player is told.

I call it a double standard, because a lot of people have one rule for the other side, but won't play to that rule themselves. Like I've said, as a killer main I've been told to not play to win, to not slug, camp or tunnel despite the survivors bringing stuff like DS/UB/Object/DH, keys, map offerings, gen rushing, etc.

I'm basically saying, if you expect the other side to play ''nice'' then you need to play nice yourself, except they almost never do, and as a killer main, its usually survivors mains not playing ''nice'' and then expect me to do so.

But yes, overall both sides have BS rules for the other and it can just be summed up with either side being entitled.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    edited March 2021

No, not in-game anyway, although I feel bad when I've given a killer a hard time and it turns out they're a rank 13.

You can chill more if you're a killer and you've got the upper hand though, even if most don't. What can you do as survivor though? Let yourself get downed? Not save people? It's not fair on your team, even if they're a bunch of genrushing, clicky clicky lil' sweatlords they're still at the moment your team

Edit: I don't abuse broken loops and didn't when there was more of them unless the killer has made it clear that they're quite anti-fun themselves, I guess that's caring to a degree?

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,287

But what does 'not playing nice' constitute?

Because aside from the SWiFr and DS you mentioned, there's also plenty of complaints about Dead Hard, keys, and even just doing generators. It's actually really hard to tell what killers actually expect from their survivors in terms of 'playing nice'.

• RyRapsYT
    RyRapsYT Member Posts: 299

I know what you mean. Im a survivor main and I'm not very good as killer. I get t bagged and people set up toxic plays on me. So when I play survivor I don't do those things.

• Blindninja
    Blindninja Member Posts: 462

Well this is the ancient old argument now isn't it? Perspective is everything. You've seen things like this but others might have experienced differently. It's almost the same as racism in every other problem in the world. Certain people have been treated certain ways and that shapes their perspective

• ShamelessPigMain

Exactly. My contention is that that his perspective is incredibly narrow-sighted.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Well, generally playing ''nice'' is often doing something that isn't the most efficient way of progressing the game forward. For survivors, this would mean not doing generators whenever the killer isn't pressuring them and deciding to go plunder or cleanse totems when there is no hex's in the game.

For killers, this would mean actively trying to avoid tunnelling, camping, or slugging survivors, or ignoring those who've been given a bad game (e.g back teammates, hooked twice in a row, etc).

It's probably different, but to me, survivors who play ''nice'' would be plundering, breaking totems, doing generators rather slowly, deciding to meme or play a bit friendly to the killer all whilst still somewhat wanting to win the game. But of course, the average match is never like this, its survivors sitting on generators all day and ending the game in under 5 minutes sometimes, which is why people sometimes complain about that.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,058

Whenever a Survivor complains here, Killers jump on him, stating that they are not the fun provider. But Survivors should care for the Killers fun?

And I dont even see any problem in that Screenshot, they ran Meta-Perks - and? Its not like you ran Meme-Perks. They did not bring any Items, they did not burn any Map Offering...

And you even killed 3 of them. So, whats the point?

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Some survivors don't care about killers fun and the same the other way around with killers not caring either. There are some of us on both sides that do though, sometimes you just have a run of bad matches. I usually take a break at that point tbh.

• fr0sty1223
    fr0sty1223 Member Posts: 307

How are survivors supposed to have fun when every killer runs bbq, noed, and Mori while also camping and hard tunneling. It goes both ways.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    edited March 2021

Thats explain, as Trapper main without using Gen slowdown. I slap in super end game build so they have the choice between finding totems, or eat Noed,BW.

My ideal of fun for survivors when I play as Killer is not extend Gen time, while not tunnel,camp. So Noed BW is a must to let me have some hook

As for me playing Survivor, deal with Noed is more fun than Ruin,pop