Is it me or is the rift soo hard to complete

In my honest option the rift is way to challenging to charge money like you have to pay money to play a game do outrageous challenges and still be behind without challenges it takes about 20 games for a tier one (800xp a 1/10 tier about 400-500 an average game)

As a casual player I feel obligated to buy tiers but I shouldn't take games like Apex legends or Fortnite to the casual player the battle pass is a challenge but it isn't hard

it hard to think that I play more of dead by daylight then those games And I can complete the battle passes in them but I could never finish the battle pass for Dead By Daylight (trust me I try but it takes so much effort and I'm someone with the privileged to play for extended hours and I still feel like I need more time)

but I'm not just going to hate or judge without a Suggested fix

honestly they should replace the rift system it just doesn't fit in the DBD style. It's too corporate like maybe have the tome challenges be liner and focus one one character for example (I'm going to use Kate and The doctor) In a rift there are 4 levels of challenges each level getting harder but what if it they increased the number of challenges each level and each one focused down one one person like Level one will be Kate you start off with "Easy" challenges and go though a linier path doing challenges each level giving a small reward in BP, Charms, Cosmetics Recolors. 1/3 down the line you get her Shirt and after that her challenges get harder and the rewards get better offering more BP And cooler charms and Recolors. 2/3 done and you get the pants and the same thing happens the challenges difficulty Increase as well as the rewards after completing the Kates story you are giving the animated clip the last piece of the cosmetic and her doll charm to use on BOTH killer and survivor (Charms should never be limited they should be a way to show off and limiting that is annoying) you could also add new things like Custom survivor lobby tracks so you get a selection of what you want and its not just the guitar all the time When you are done with Kates and move one you move on to the doctor level and learn about him but you aren't forced to like if I'm a survivor main that doesn't care about killer cosmetics then I would do Kates and be done (And vice versa) but the logical thing to do is play the challenges get the BP and the cosmetics to get the most out of your $10

Comments

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited March 2021

I get a little over 1 point each game playing either side so i typically play like 7 games to level up one tier.

I havent bought any tiers and finished all challenges for this tome so far and am at 59. I wouldn't say I'm that good either honestly. I play most days for a couple hours (not every day). I work a 40 hour a week professional job and am hanging out with people most days/nights not playing the game

With all that said it's defonetly possible to finish it. I do think thought rifts should be faster to level up and if not faster, they shouldn't be time limited. (I hate time limited unlocks a lot)

• oh_salutations
    oh_salutations Member Posts: 212

and they separate all the cosmetics too like if you want Yui's full outfit you need to be Lv 70 and the fact that the shirt is lv 1 like by the time I get the whole outfit I don't even want it anymore because I used the shirt and pants for so long that it just lost the new outfit feel before I've even finished it

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

I’m level 61 right now πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

• poomanchu
    poomanchu Member Posts: 242

It’s pretty easy IMO, I wish it were longer with more rewards. 100 levels instead of 70

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Yeah I agree. The challenges take way to long to complete.

• rglarson13
    rglarson13 Member Posts: 204

I went on vacation for 10 days, and I have a regular day job, so it's going to be impossible for me to finish this rift.

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530

It would be a lot easier if we could select more than one challenge. There have been plenty of times where I could have done two challenges in one match but the devs really want us to work our ass off for cosmetics that have been kinda meh these past few rifts in all honesty.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

Well the Rift is time consuming :

1 level = 10 Tiers

1 Tier = 800 XP

1 game of 10 minutes = 500 XP

In order to level up once per day you need 8000 XP.

Playing each side get you a bonus of 300 XP.

So after 2 games you did 2 Tiers, 6 more to go (6400 XP) or 12.8 game (13).

That make 15 games per day to level up. If 1 game is 10 min, it's 150 min worth of time, so 2.5 hours. And that's without counting the wait time between games.

BUT

If you do all challenges, you get on average enough to level up 12-13 levels per part of the Tome, so between 48-52 levels (calculated with the Rift fragment you get + the time number of game ( so XP you gain ) needed to complete the challenge )

That means that outside challenges, you need to complete by yourself ~20 levels

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 456

I don't mind the challenges, I like the difficult ones. But something needs to be done about the passive fragment gains, it's way too slow. It should give you a boost if you buy the rift pass. That would give more incentive to buy the pass early.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I have my beefs with the rift but I don't finish all challenges during the actual Rift and I still always finish. It's also not because I'm on dead by daylight all day I have a full-time job and 4 kids so I'm lucky if it's 2 hours a day during the week. Challenges I know that are time consuming I save for the end unless they have to be done to proceed which most of the time they can be avoided.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

That would make it worse. Since there arent enough challenge fragments you need the fragments from the games you try to achieve the challenge.

Lets say average of 3 games a challenge. On a normal challenge you would get 3 fragments plus the 2 to 3 from the games. So 2 challenges now will give you 6 fragments plus 4 to 6 extra fragments. Which is a full tier.

If we could do multiple challenges you would get the 6 fragments for the challenge plus 2 to 3 fragments for playing the games. That is at most 9 fragments.

Over the course of the entire archive, that's multiple tiers on the rift that would need grinding at the end.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

If I remember right it’s one XP/second for the first ten minutes of a match. Which you say something similar in your response. That’s 600 XP a match and most my matches are about fifteen minutes.

That should adjust the calculations above by a bit.

• Im_Tired
    Im_Tired Member Posts: 101

I wish devs could see this or it could be upvoted to the heavens because this would save the rift grind.....but maybe that's why it probably won't ever happen :(

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

The max xp you can get per game is 600 and you need 800 for one rift fragment, so I don't see how you could get 10 rift fragments in 7 games. It's more like ~15 games.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

True, those Ice Capped Jeans on Hillbilly from this rift are πŸ”₯ πŸ˜‚

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I'll take new content in the battle pass but to spend every day for the time the battle pass is out to try and get to 70 is suffering, played 3 games last night and got not even 1 level, i'm on a red glyph challenge, spent 20 minutes in a match trying to find a glyph on the silent hill map, slugged the last two survivors, didn't find it, got a 20k bp payout, not really excited, from 15-30 is like the best pieces in the pass, but even then that's how far I usually get, I got to tier 50 on the first pass, I sweated to high hell for it.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I think they are rather ❄

πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    edited March 2021

Most of the challenges are relatively easy. Only a few of them are truly tricky, you just need to know which perks and add ons to run to make the job less of a chore. The hard part is that you still have to grind out a ton of games beyond them to get to tier 70, and even more if you don’t do all of the challenges.

At the moment I’m at tier 43.

• kesLV
    kesLV Member Posts: 50

Dont worry those rewards are not worth to grind trought the rift anyways, such a poor cosmetics there if we compare them to the ones wich are in the store..

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Yeah it's obnoxious. It doesn't help that a lot of the challenges require you to play inefficiently to get them. For instance if you hit one great skill check when using a medkit you won't deplete the medkit upon completion of the heal and you may not get another chance to do so. Why not just make it the equivalent of 6 heals? It's just to add meaningless difficulty. Essentially the "challenge" here is to purposefully play worse.

• MrsMcpatches
    MrsMcpatches Member Posts: 12

So, why don't you just do the free track and then only pay for the rift if you get to the end? I did that with the first rift and then gathered everything automatically when I paid for it, and I've used the same $10 for every rift since. Even if you only like 1 cosmetic set in the rift, $10 is a decent price to pay for that and everything else is gravy. Plus, you get your money back, anyway. πŸŽƒ

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467
    edited March 2021

I'm only at level 41 on the rift. I think I can get it done in time if I do all the challenges. and play a bit after that.

I'm only going to buy the pass when I reach level 70 though that way I get it all and if I don't I won't feel like I've wasted money.

I also heard that after the first 2 tomes they made getting through the rift harder. don't quote me on it I could be wrong .

• Outlaw64
    Outlaw64 Member Posts: 17

It's only hard it you have a life or are not a streamer who plays the game for a living.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

I'm still on level 21 lol. Just the challenges arent even challenges at this point just pointless grinding like totems or gens. People who are like on level 60+ either have no job or solely play dbd.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Thank God I'm only at 59...barely made the cut off 🀘🀘

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,437
    edited March 2021

They really aren't though. Average game gives you about .9 shards. Each game lasts about 8 minutes. This means that without challenges, you need to play about 780 games (not including any rift challenges) to complete.

780 games x 8 minutes each = 6240 minutes

6240 minutes / 60 minutes = 104 hours

This means over the course of 70 days, you need to play 104 hours. This comes out to about 1.5 hours a day. After factoring in queue times, lets round that up to 2 hours a day. But now if you factor in all the challenges and such, you really only work out to probably about an hour to an hour and a half a day.

This is really REALLY ######### fair compared to most battle passes. Most games have "dailies" or a "weekly" challenges that you have to actually complete every single day for the battlepass. If you miss a day, forget it, challenge gone. DBD let's you binge half the rift during a weekend if you want to. Granted each tome comes out over time, you still get a lot of time to complete everything.

Now, add on the fact that the premium track for the rift contains the premium currency that you can also use to buy the premium track for the rift. Enough such that the premium track becomes "free" if you complete it.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

It's not necessarily difficult, just overly grindy with little to show for the amount of time and effort you put into it.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

Well, if you buy the pass and get to tier 70, you gain back all of the auric cells you put into it and can use them to buy whatever cosmetic or characters you want. This has been how I paid for the Silent Hill and Saw chapters.

• Retromind
    Retromind Member Posts: 156

Sounds like you got filtered.