DS Nerf

Zaytex
Zaytex Member Posts: 841

I've had enough of survivors feeling invincible with this perk. Sitting on generators right in front of the killer, unhooking right in front of me and shoving it in my face that they're untouchable despite there being absolutely no presence of tunnelling.

I can't wait for the nerf, such a dumb perk that SO many survivors use as a crutch./rant over

Comments

• Clünge
    Clünge Member Posts: 155

More killers crying that they need more of an advantage than the insane one they have

Stop survivors from having any perks & you'll still be whinging about something

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

I had a game today where I had slugged someone on the ground, started a chase with another survivor who was nearby, see discordance light up. After getting a pallet thrown and watching them run to shack I decide to go to the discordance gen only to get hit by a ds.

Really annoying considering the slugged guy has unbreakable and lost out on popping that gen.

I still 4k'd that game but the change to ds can't really come soon enough.

• Clünge

Embarrassing listening to some of you communicate like this. Stop acting so priviliged

• Clünge

Bit of an exaggeration / lies.

Unbreakable works once per trial

• Zaytex

The fact that you have no choice but to slug them is the problem.

It's literal invulnerability and you can say "well just slug them lol" but when UB exists, this is pointless, they'll be back up in 20 seconds doing another generator.

• except they wouldn't lose a hook state because they wouldn't be doing something so abrasive you would get an easy down.

• Yumyumtasty
    Yumyumtasty Member Posts: 172
    edited March 2021

That's also not an argument as most survivors still do stupid crap. The survivorplayer in me wants DS to stay this way, have you played games without obsessions? They're agitating as killers will just tunnel the ######### out of people and it's not rare that the weak link is gone within 2 minutes.

DS is basically survivor's NOED, the looming threat of them having it is enough to influence gameplay but NOED is way less powerful than DS.

• There's plenty of differences between DS and NOED and I don't know why NOED even needs to be brought up

The only way NOED and DS are comparable is that they can help you after you make a error.

also NOED is not being used and treated by the devs as a mechanic to prevent anything like how DS a perk they keep trying to treat like a mechanic to prevent tunnelling so if its usages goes down tunnelling goes up.

If you want to say why that's not a counter you just need to point to unbreakable DS (I don't think unbreakable should allow you to pick yourself up anyway and then DS should be left alone because by itself its not broken but built around it just is)

• REL1_C
    REL1_C Member Posts: 619
  • Yumyumtasty

DS and NOED are comparable because they need to be played around by the offchance that they're in the match and if you don't keep them in mind they turn the tide.

• BSVben
    BSVben Member Posts: 256

And what "insane advantage" do you think killers have?

Just curious.

• Just because you have to play around a perk or it may turn the tide does not make them comparable.

Ruin may turn the tide and you need to play differently around that

Devour may turn the tide and you need to play differently around that

Borrowed time may turn the tide and you need to play differently around that

even well make it may turn the tide and you need to play differently around that if suvs gain a full reset off it

I could even say Left behind may turn the tide by getting the suv the hatch just before you, is it likely no is it possible yes

The only comparison between NOED and DS is the community's perception ragging on both perks unfairly imo you will get survivors that when they see NOED as the final perk will just assume you must be trash even if you just 4kd them and didn't even need to use it while killers may end a game see 4 DS and just sigh and assume that the game was unwinnable when it clearly probably was.

• Yumyumtasty

With all of your mentioned perks you DEFINATELY know they're in the match, tell me about 1 other perk in this game that makes killers waste this much time because they don't want to eat it. If there's no obsession in the game they'll play entirely different.

Lit totems are a bad example as survivors will ALWAYS break them ideally when somebody is injured and in chase in case it's haunted but that's abut it.

• Yumyumtasty

Except DS literally makes the game harder at every stage while NOED only works against altruistic survivors most of the time or survivors who don't do bones which IS an objective that the devs have intended.

DS kills an entire playstyle (tunneling) and kills a killer's momentum without any counter to it except not running obsession perks and hoping that there's no DS.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Getting mad at perks for doing their job, are we? Might as well start yelling at Make Your Choice for having a "crap counter."

Perks are not supposed to be completely circumventable. If they are especially powerful, then they will have a closer thing to a direct counter. Hexes can be cleansed. DS is considerably less powerful than hexes, and therefore is fixed by slugging. Even if you aren't getting a hook state, which is typically bad etiquette (to hook the same survivor consecutively), you force the other survivors to make the journey and come heal that person. In the meantime, you can just continue along your way and find another survivor. That's assuming you find the DS survivor anyways.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,700

don’t worry you just need to wait one more week. 😊

• Yumyumtasty

even if you find the Make your Choice which is easily countered by stealthing by the way unless the killer proxycamps at which point he could've hooktraded in the first place, DS is still the same power ASSUMING ssurvivors are not running around injured in the first place which they often are.

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 537

Another killer crying about DS when they are the ones with the most powerful perks

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Hi, I'm a Killer that is getting 4ks but I want my 4ks to be easier.

Killer is so pathetically easy now that you might as well go against bots at this point.

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312

I play solo when I play survivor and I've recorded the statistics for around just over 100 games and what I've found in my case is over 75% of the time DS is just useless. Either killers respect it or just didn't tunnel me off a hook so it becomes obsolete. I never run DS anymore because of what my own statistics showed me and as a solo I'd rather bring perks that are going to be useful to me and my team a majority of the time. I get others may have a different experience than I do but these are just my own personal findings and what I personally think about using DS.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

that why there should be a obsession in every match even if there no obsession perks in play.

• Munqaxus

Not really. I've been keeping track of my games for the past 60 to 70 games and I'm seeing an average of 2/3s of my games being 4Ks. I thought it was something weird with matchmaking, so I started playing Killer, which I've played far less then survivor, and every match I had was a 4K.

And it's not just me. I'm seeing other people keeping track of their games and they're getting the same numbers as I. There was a Leatherface main that posted just last week, in which every one of his games were either 3Ks or 4Ks. Also spoke with another survivor main that was pretty much seeing the exact same.

Even Ortz, a killer main, admitted in one of streams that him and other streamers don't want the game balanced. And why would you when part of your revenue is from 4k survivors 50+ times in a row.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

The same principle applies. DS is countered by slugging. It's not perfect, but it's a counter. Similarly, MYC is countered by 1) stealth 2) drawing the killer to the hook. If you're confident in your looping ability or the killer is severely preoccupied/pressured, meaning that there's less pressure on you, you can just unhook and carry on with your day. Analogously, you can eat a DS if you have enough pressure on the survivors; it's a fart in the hurricane.

• Zaytex

The average survivor is pretty bad at the game if you think about it. If you go against a very good survivor team, unless you're Nurse/Spirit then you won't get close to a 3k/4k and this is universally accepted.

Just because you 3k/4k in most games against bad survivors doesn't mean the killer role is ''easy'' lol. You can call it easy, but it's still harder than survivor which is just M1 simulator.

• Munqaxus

No, the average player, survivor or killer, is average and the average player is the largest majority of the player base. The game can't just be balanced toward the 3.8% of red rank players, the game has to be balanced across all levels of play or 96.2% of the players quit playing the game. If 3.8% of red rank players are considered great, then there are 3.8% that are bad based on normal distribution. The rest of the entire player base will be between great players and bad players.

• Clünge

Can't believe you're silly enough to ask

1. Faster movement
    2. Unique powers as standard
    3. Ability to land a hit after a vault
    4. Lunge hits
    5. Killers with ability to traverse the map end to end incredibly quickly (e.g. Billy, Oni, Nurse etc.)
    6. Exit gates commonly spawning close to eachother
    7. BBQ & Chili
    8. Hits that start and then bend 180 degrees around corners before landing
    9. Ability to range hit a survivor who isn't in your terror radius (e.g. Deathslinger, Huntress)
    10. Body blocking
    11. Being undetectable by various means
    12. Slugging / creation of The Twins to maximise this method

And so on...

The problem with the balance of the game is that it is a very different experience when it is good players in a SWF compared to solo survivors. Average skilled killers get salty when they experience good SWF & demand more of a power gap.

The higher skilled killers can deal with it & the best can do it without perks

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

It's okey friend, I hope you feel better now after letting this off :)

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Fun fact: survivors don't need any perks to steamroll a killer. Gens can be finished in under 3 minutes and holding W+predropping pallets guarantees more than enough time against just about every killer in the game. Only the best Nurse/Blight/Spirit players can combat this, and that's assuming they have full meta builds.

Thank gods most survivors also find such games extremely boring and so don't even bother to try to play like that. The genrushing thing, not the holding W and predropping pallets thing, thats just normal gameplay at this point.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

They don't want the game artificially balanced around 2k's, and they don't want to actually go against survivors as good as them every single trial because then they wouldn't be able to be entertaining.

• LordSturm
    LordSturm Member Posts: 493
    edited March 2021

Survivors can hide blood trails/scratch marks or simply not make them

Killers also get their aura revealed, make breathing/grunting noises, trigger crows etc.

Number 8 was just playing by your rules lmfao

You're the one who brought up spawn locations... Just reminding you how wrong you are

I don't even like Oni lol, if you can't tell the killer I like most by my profile picture then you really are "special"

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

They'd cry about anything and make any excuse if you win, and call you a baby killer and tell you to "git gud" if you lose so why even care what they think lol. Smack them down and laugh at their tears.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

Only entitled survivor mains can say I'd didn't need nerf. The perk was so strong, it could alone win the games, uncountable in many scenarios, it is completely justified nerf.

• Zaytex

Survivor mains say its a dead perk now, utterly useless.

Still one of the strongest perks in the game lmao even after the nerf.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

I mean it still rewards bad play, but let's say it ok. They are mad because they can't abuse it anymore.

• Zaytex

Well, even if they still have it or you get hit by a 59 second DS, you can have the reassurance that they did nothing to progress the game for a minute and you were basically 1v3 for that time.

Can't wait for survivors to actually think and make conscious decisions about what they're going to do, because if Dwight taps that generator 5 metres away from me I'm going for that sweet tunnel on that twink.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

When the DS nerf gets here I might actually start playing again. I haven't really played for almost a year.

Can you imagine the amount of survivors that will suddenly suck without their offensive DS? It's like the days when BHVR added the exhaustion mechanic and survivors couldn't recover SB while running anymore.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Had to get one last DS rant in i guess lol