Should, Blight, Twins, and Trickster get their own maps?

WishIcouldmain
WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

I'm debating this Blight and Twins seemed to wander the entities realms so it makes sense they don't get their own map. But Trickster should definitely get his own. But what do you think?

Should, Blight, Twins, and Trickster get their own maps? 103 votes

Blight
3%
pichumudkipbjorksnasSOMENINJANAMELunarknight 4 votes
Blight Twins
0%
Blight Trickster
11%
SebaOutbreakGhost_Face_MainGrim_GrimzTotemsCleanserBirdFlox9andaledgyjmmGuiltiiBigbubbaboiStickbugSeraphorspenner 12 votes
Twins
0%
Twins Trickster
5%
Fog_KingGlamourousLeviathanCosmicKitten27DistortedDreamFlaming_Sp0nge_JakeGoobyNugget 6 votes
Trickster
13%
Seiko300VolantConch1719[Deleted User]BlazelskiChurchofPigRepostRiposteNoOneKnowsNovaAdjathaRixxersBoobaBasementDweller_NIGHTMARE_[Deleted User]RyRapsYT 14 votes
All three
56%
SnakeSound222GibberishAdelooCamoRangerGHERBEARRULESMiriamGNekoGamerXBoosted_DwightElikMrPenguinTaigaDr_LoomisAhoyWolfGeneralVkinHellraisingPredator[Deleted User]TatariulandromatDabihwow 58 votes
Unsure
8%
TapeKnotMidori_21SillierHorizon5DawnMadNullclinesHex_LlamaWishIcouldmainChilli_man2400Hex_Salt 9 votes

Comments

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Trickster

As much as I think all three probably have decent stories to tell within their own locations, the only one I'm really interested in would be the Trickster because of how different it is from all the others.

A map that takes place on the streets of the neon cityscape of Seoul, South Korea with potentially the Burnt Down Studio as a map (but perhaps that may be too similar to the Nurse's Crotus Prenn Asylum) I think would be fantastically unique. It would be like nothing we've ever seen before, and would be a very welcome addition to diversify the kinds of realms that exist within Dead By Daylight.

As for the Blight and Twins, I'm not too sure, it's possible they could have interesting locations to visit within their lore as well, but I think it might just be better to move on and get maps out of future chapters. I feel like it's a case of picking one or the other, I don't think the devs would be able to release two full maps within the same patch, one for a future chapter and one for the blight / twins. And if it's one or the other, I'm honestly gonna hedge my bets on something more interesting coming along in the future than the Opium Dens of The Blight or some old village in 17th century France.

That's just me though. I think the devs might be able to pull it off for one killer, but not too sure about two let alone all three, which is why I voted Trickster.

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443
    Unsure

You forgot the option for 'None'.

I don't like any of the 3 of them, enjoy playing as any of the 3 of them (although trickster is PTB so could change), find any of the 3 of them interesting or enjoy any of the backstorys/lore. Plus I'd rather DBD focused on fixing other maps and bugs than making new ones

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 566
    All three

The reason these characters don't have their own maps is because the DBD team is busy reworking preexisting maps, they will make maps for these killers, just not now.

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698
    Twins Trickster

I don't really see WHAT a map for the Blight would be.. The Twins and Trickster have way more ideas for maps.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Trickster

I've never heard this confirmed by the devs at any point in time, although if there's some information you have from an article, clip, or a dev stream where they did say this I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

But the way you wrote this comment makes you sound very sure that it's going to happen, and I'm equally if not more sure that it probably won't happen unless the community really pushes for and requests it, and even then it might not happen. Which is why I tentatively said one killer as opposed to multiple.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    All three

Blight could've had a map in the Crotus Penn realm, I think that would've been a given

Twins probably could've had a map in the Red Forest Realm

Trickerster would've needed a new realm

Just disappointed that the last map we've gotten was Midwich - which isn't a bad map by any stretch but still.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031
    All three

All three of them are original characters, and every single original character has gotten their own maps. After these graphical updates to all the maps are done, they need to start giving these three their own respective maps just to make them feel like they're not left out. Also if the next chapter for the anniversary is to be Resident Evil, then you definitely should expect a map in the Resident Evil universe.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    Blight Trickster

You could have a field of massive Viscous Cankers both fresh and withered all scattered about, with a terrain similar to Macmillan, but including Talbot's hideout laboratory.

• boostedsurvivormain
    boostedsurvivormain Member Posts: 399
    All three

I would love to see new maps. Imagine an old Victorian-era London map, would be awesome.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Twins Trickster

I don't know if the Blight should, but at least the Twins and the Trickster should have a map. But, since it didn't come out with them, we will probably never get those maps...

• shitman
    shitman Member Posts: 203
    edited March 2021
    All three

It seems to me that every killers in the game needs to be made map. I'm not just talking about those three, but on licensed characters. Imagine a map of the house of cannibals, a forest and a gas station like from the Texas chainsaw massacre. Or, the final сhapter of left 4 dead 2 The sacrifice, where the survivors need to run generators, to lower the bridge.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Blight Trickster

I wish all of them got maps but I wouldn't mind it if Twins didn't get one tbh

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    Trickster

I can deal with Blight and Twins not having maps because maps are chosen based off of their ties to the killers. Blight mainly had ties to the entity's realm as a whole and Twins moved around a lot so neither were really tied to a place. Trickster I'd want to see a map based off the studio his bandmates died in or even one of the deserted locations he took people too. I don't care, I just want new maps back.

• pichumudkip
    pichumudkip Member Posts: 155
    Blight

I would want all 3 to get a map eventually but A. It would be too much for the devs I think B. I prefer not to play with infinite bugs in the game but that's just me

So honestly between all 3, I really want Blight to get a map just purely because he's a lore related character/killer so yeah. But aesthetic wise, I like the twins aesthetic just because I'm interested in the time period they're from, but the Trickster is mostly getting a map eventually just because people like him a loooot compared to the other 2 options, which I respectfully disagree but I understand why.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    Trickster

The Trickster is noticeably very different in style to the other killers. I think it needs a new map to tie in with the game.

My ideal kind of map would be a similar cityscape to the one shown in the PTB main menu, but with some dystopian touches and the burnt down studio (oh, and having the stage where the Trickster did his final performance would be an added bonus. With the dead bodies included.)

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818
    Unsure

I think it would be cool if we got new maps, but I think it would be cooler if our current maps worked properly. So, in a world where the current maps are de-bugged -- awesome. I'd love a blighted map or a cyberpunk map, etc.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    All three

Blight and Twins = if not a new realm i think Blight could have a map in the Red Forest, with the Monastery as main building, while the Twins could be part of Swamp realm, ruins of an old city, with corpses and flies everywhere along with a small cemetary.

Trickster = definitly would be a new Realm, in the aesthetics of the PTB lobby. could be a part outdoor part indoor map. with neons and a street part for the outdoor, and a studio into underground (blood and bodies left from the woman he tortured) for the indoor

• All three

As long as their well made I wouldn't mind any new content map wise

=Trickster could have his new that looked so interesting

• All three

forgot the word realm and accidently added an =

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,213
    Blight Trickster

I thought one of the Autohaven maps was the Twins tbh. The one with the cottage.

Blight seems like it would fit within the Crotus Penn Asylum realm, so a third map for that would be good for him.

Trickster definitely wants a grungy urban backstreets map. Something with narrow alleys, and fire escapes to give verticality and alterative routes through said alleys.

• katapad
    katapad Member Posts: 55
    All three

Should all 3 get their own maps? Yes, definitely. I would love to see what the design team does with each of them.

A lab for Blight, a gypsy camp for Twins, and a concert venue for Trickster? Love it.

Should they prioritize fixing the current realms? Also yes, definitely.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160
    All three

New maps are my favorite part about new chapters.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277
    All three

I say all 3 Trickster one would be cool.

• RyRapsYT
    RyRapsYT Member Posts: 299
    Trickster

Blight and Trickster

• Nico_0
    Nico_0 Member Posts: 115
    All three

Well this was promised by the devs long ago. Are they reworking maps anymore?

My question is, what when they add these maps from old chapters, those usually come with a "complete a generator and escape" achievement, yet devs are pretty strict about achievements. If maps happen would they be willing to add the achievements?

I feel like we are stuck in a loop here, they will justify they can't release the maps just because achievements can't be added.

• DredgenWar237
    DredgenWar237 Member Posts: 85
    All three

A freaky lab in the Void, a French village, and a neon city would all make for super interesting maps. I want them all.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303
    All three

All three as long as they're outdoor maps.

I'd settle for an indoor club for Trickster, but only if they take interior design tips from me.