Tru3's YouTube Poll

Botiz
Botiz Member Posts: 483

I'm more hype for The Wraith and Blight changes than I am Trickster

I know someone's about to say "Tru3's community is only a fraction compared to everyone as a whole" I get that but even the constant criticism of the new killer over the forums and Twitter goes to show how many people aren't too excited for this chapter at all. Hey, at least we can wait 2 years before Trickster finally gets a power rework, amirite?

Comments

• Yumyumtasty
    Yumyumtasty Member Posts: 172

Starstruck? Do you really want survivors to not even try to bodyblock and all just sit on gens?

• Yumyumtasty

Love it, a ######### ton of free hits and if I know that I won't make it to the hook I'll drop the surv. Those games mostly end in a 4k unless it's a really busted map like the Asylum or Hadnofun

• Yumyumtasty

Which is why I'm concerned because even with this background myers is a RARE sight at redranksv and most of the time on most maps he just gets destroyed unless survivors play the altruism BS.

• Yumyumtasty
    edited March 2021

Uhm, you basically just made my point. Why are we talking about one of the slowest learning content creators when we have Scott or Otz who are not only mechanically way better but also have much more game knowledge objectively speaking? Do you remember how long it took tru3 to understand the friggin legion or plague powers? That was the last time when I watched his PTB videos before stopping entirely.

That is the same guy who says that nurse is fine but thinks legion missing his M2 should immediately get him out of his power to "Punish" him....a at that time C tier killer.

Out of all the echo-chambers this is probably the one that you can safely ignore feedback from.

• Yumyumtasty

do you play on US?

On EU i rarely see him, I can't even remember the last time that I faced one.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i am looking forward for him.

he's not the strongest, but his design is dope, the music is amazing, the perks are nice and his power definitely has potential - we just gotta hope the devs take the necessary steps to achieve it.

• Yumyumtasty

I only saw scott's take on him and he agrees that he's weak and broke down his power pretty well. Otz did good with him but then again he could've just played an M1-ing hag. I haven't played against Otz for like 2years but I also don't know how capable of a survivor he is now.

• Yumyumtasty

A biased community is not a good leg to stand on and most of his viewers think survivors are unbeatable which they only are when they are tournament level players.

• lupo_grigio
    lupo_grigio Member Posts: 126

ppl are saying that this is the case due to being tru3's community, but they are not really in the wrong, who cares for this new killer honestly ?

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

They need the twitter marketing to generate hype, where was this level of social media marketing for Blight? Twins?

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

I wouldn't say I'm excited for anything until they fix the poor job they have been doing with map reworks but I feel more interested in Trickster than I did Twins who I didn't buy. Also the blight dlc, I shamefully bought it just for Unyding, I'd take Trickster over Blight anyday he was far more fun to use and his power much more interesting.

So really it's all opinion. Trickster is sadly the most interesting killer since PH, if you ignore PH then Trickster is the most interesting killer since Oni. Last year was a real dud in terms of interesting killers aside from PH who somehow ended up being one of their very best.

• Yumyumtasty

Just compare the general attitude of those streamers to the bitterness in tru3's stream and then apply it to the community following them.

There's no point in arguing, that poll is worthless, end of story.

• Brokenbones

I respect your opinion but I judge killers based on their powers for the most part so I have to disagree with the sentiment that Trickster is the most interesting. I'm sure that's not the same for you so I respect your point of view

I would argue Twins is the most interesting since PH in terms of power design. Trickster is just recycling of previous ideas already done (and done better, too)

• Yumyumtasty

Myers shows that good lore or design is not enough for people to play a killer, this is not an RPG.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,211
    edited March 2021

I never get this. There's no bitterness in Tru3's stream, yet there's always a group of people who seem to perceive something that's not there. It's the same thing every time, he explains (rather dryly) mechanics in the game, and then someone comes along with a knee jerk reaction of "YEAH BUT WHY IS THAT MY PROBLEM WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING!" when he literally wasn't complaining.

The same thing has just happened with that thread about 'holding W in a large map'. Literally just explaining why it's so effective, and all these people jump out and cry "OMG NOW SURVIVORS ARE TOXIC FOR PRESSING W LOL KILLERS SUCK!"

Like... control your emotions?

Is it his accent? I don't get it.

• Brokenbones

Oh, I didn't mean to say that with certainty. I apologise if you got that impression

I said probably judging from the content Tru3 puts out, his views on the game and from my experience with his streams, as well as the comments section on his videos and so on.

• Seraphor
    edited March 2021

"calling [BAD WORD] logically and factual does not make it logically/facts, you're just repackaging your whining and call it "analysis"."

What does that even mean?

Sounds like mental gymnastics to discredit facts you don't want to accept.

"A prime example would be his stupid hot take on NOED being a crutch exlusively used by bad killers while getting crushed by survivors a few seconds later where he complains about adrenaline when he refuses to use countermeasures."

I'm not familiar with that, but by the way you used 'complains' I'm fairly confident he didn't actually 'complain', you just chose to perceive it that way for some reason.

"Let's just say I'll listen to the guy who obviously is some form of tech savy and has interest in game design over a guy who's bio says: "twitch partner" with nothing beyond a highschool degree. "

Seems pretty elitist. You don't need to be that tech savy to understand this game.

• Dizzy1096

I agree that the twins was an interesting concept and the power was an interesting idea, I'm mainly looking at it in terms of execution. I don't find blight fun to play at all for example, Trickster for all his weaknesses, was actually quite fun to play as.

• Brokenbones

You make a solid point, I used to think Blight was awful but then I tried him and I've come to really enjoy him. It could be the same with Trickster, if his power is improved upon, right now I'm just not seeing it that's all

The perk changes are welcome too, seeing a potentially new survivor meta perk and some pretty powerful killer perks for a change

• Yumyumtasty

NOED is a crutch for bad killers - tru3talent back when hexperks got introduced.

"I get the best survivors" - guy who plays on the same server as everyboody else

"I played perfectly"

Not a fact, no matter how much he tried to spin it.

His videos already got ripped apart here, especially the bubba one where he got "genrushed" and "never made a mistake" with a ton of easily identifiable mistakes.

in fact most of his videos are easily debunked, if you want to watch a better killermain maybe watch Dowsey if you're actually interested in learning from somebody besides otz or scott or umbra if you're a fan of huntress.

• Seraphor

Ok, I'll give you 'arrogant' for one of Tru3's faults, that has annoyed me on occasion. Hardly seems enough to have this huge vendetta against him and his 'community' though.

• Dizzy1096

LMAO

Not to get into streamer debates but Dowsey isn't even close to tru3. He resorts to hard camp & tunnel more than any of the big names, he's kinda boosted.

Not saying a killer can't use those or shouldn't use those as its unavoidable at certain times but you can tell which players are boosted when they lean on that strategy so heavily.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

I do want the new perks..... but I don't think I will buy the DLC for them I can wait and use shards.

The killer is just....absurdly underpowered and not very fun to play. The only semi interesting thing you can do requires a purple addon, and now that doesn't even have a reason to be brought except for the fun of it. Unless BHVR actually changes their direction with that killer significantly I think reception is going to be pretty cold.

• Yumyumtasty

I think his power is fun if you just see it as a tool to derp around a bit, don't expect 4k's and you're golden with him.

• Yumyumtasty
    edited March 2021

Welcome to effective killerplay, I guess tournament killers are "boosted" too then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=embxAHI_-Jg

Don't mistake actual killergameplay with killers trying to make the game entertaining for their viewers. In the End Dowsey gets Ridiculous winstreaks and challenges while tru3 get's reckt at game number 5 against bad survivors who don't drop pallets when a bubba is right on their ass. Personally I rarely play like Dowsey does because in the end it's like sweating at mario party to me but I can't pick apart his mistakes as easily as I do on tru3's videos.

If a killer hooks you between 3 gens and lets you just get rescued he's being nice but that's far from being effective, it's actually the boosted thing to do.

Can't really comment on that tho because I don't really watch streamers in the first place, mostly just youtube when i feel like painting or pissing off my cats, I'd probably even watch tru3 before I watch dowsey's onesided stomps.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

I give it another three years until he starts having anime powers such as the kamehameha, and starts flexing on you with Jojo poses.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited March 2021

Dude I would be surprised if I ever got a single kill with him, even getting some hooks felt like an achievement.

His power is not as fun as things that already exist in the game, that it basically acts like though. The only time it's really different is with an addon that you rarely have.

The gameplay also doesn't reward you for using that, it just rewards you for blindly spamming instead, denoting the one thing of value he had going for him of interest.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

Ah i see. I understand how one would reach that conclusion but tru3 does paly both sides and a lot (not all) of the people ive interacted with from his channel and streams usually open minded. Not always the case of course

• Dizzy1096

When MMR was being tested and all the 5000+ hour streamers were being put against complete newbies, Otz and to a certain extent Tru3 were going easy on the survivors because they felt bad for them.

Dowsey got genrushed and hard to hard tunnel out people who didn't even have 10% of the hours he has lmao pick on the people so new they don't even have Decisive unlocked yet. Sure looks like the actions of a great player.

He cherrypicks his content more than any other content creator I know of. Again there's a difference between tournament and public. I don't know of any other content creator who leans on camp & tunnel strategies so heavily in public matches. In the sweatiest games? sure but outside of that no.

He's not terrible but he's nowhere near as good as his cherrypicked youtube videos would have you believe. He straight up even lies about games he loses, surely someone so good wouldn't feel insecure?

• Yumyumtasty
    edited March 2021
    • You can control your power a bit by deciding if you want to build up main event or just go for the M1. Blindly spamming his power and never M1ing even when it's an easy M1 loses you games. If you're close to main event plan accordingly as hitting surviors with knives fills it up, mostly use it when you know you can make use of it similar to T3 myers.
    • Do not forget Main event, I saw many not use this at all and try to use it when you're out of knives since it still usses ammo but you can still shoot even when you ran out of ammo. (This might be patched I think)
    • Do not forcefully commit to a chase just because you hit a few knives, some high-wall loops are close to impossible with him, you might as well try to chase as a hag.
  • Yumyumtasty
    edited March 2021

Again camping and tunneling are legit strats that do not make you "bad". They make you sweaty and you should not need to do them ESPECIALLY if you play this game professionally like most streamers do, but you seem to ignore the video i posted earlier of the one you call better getting destroyed by people who play like brown ranks aside from being expert-M1 holders.

There's a reason why I mostly watch Otz and Scott, because they are way more humble and realize when games are basically handed to them. I like that.

I only watch dowsey when youtube recommends him, I don't really like streamers sweating the ######### out of people with less than as you put it 10% of their playtime.

• Dizzy1096

I'm not saying he plays perfectly, he likes chases he always says this and sometimes he lets gens go to commit to a chase - deep down it's because thats his favourite part of the game but he follows his heart and not his head at times and yeah it's a flaw in his playstyle.

My point was that an example streamer you gave wasn't all that good either. Even Otz can get wrecked on stream and if you watch his clown games he's having to really sweat for some wins. I don't follow US streamers because the games tend to have a larger audience over there which leads to a more casual audience, you can tell this from the way survivors play. Definitely easier games on average (note I said on average) than EU servers.

I think you hate tru3 though and that's ok. I'm not sure how his skill or lack of skill relates to his poll though?

• Yumyumtasty

Never said Otz doesn't get wrecked sometimes but he also doesn't claim that he played good when he gets wrecked and aknowledges that he has WAY more hour than most people playing while commenting that he gets the "creme of the crop".

I also play stupid for a more relaxed experience but I won't call the game unbalanced (for that reason at least) if I don't even actually try to win to the best of my ability.

Saying that EU survivors are better than NA is a myth. The biggest difference on most games is from Western to especially Korean servers, not sure how it is on DBD tho.

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

Careful. You'll break his brain if he finds out that tru3s opinion mirrors the "liked" content creators.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

I'm hyped for Trickster because I'm a KPop fan, not because I think BHVR has done a good job with him (they obviously haven't).

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Thing is, I havent been hyped for new killers since every killer gets a PTB. The announcement makes me slightly hyped, but the thing is, even though I think Trickster will be a very fun killer to play as(note, being fun and being strong are not always synonymous), there are simply a lot of things I rather see being changed.

The perks in the new chapter are great and allow a lot of interesting builds, which I am kinda hyped for, but there are a lot of older perks and mechanics that should have been reworked 2 years ago that are still part of the game and are either really unfun to play against(iri head+infantry huntress for example), or are only fun to play with if the opponent doesnt rush their objective the entire game.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,558

So, you don't think they've done a pretty good job so far?

• Yumyumtasty
    edited March 2021

Never said it wouldn't since I can't think of a single bigger content creator who thinks that Trickster is strong ESPECIALLY with the announced nerfs. Still makes polls like these absolutely worthless since they're part of an echochamber.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

It's okay I'll just wait until he gets a buff before buying him so see you guys in a couple of years.

Honest issue is he suffers from Leatherface's old issue. He has to basically be right up on a survivors ass to use his power effectively. Except with Leatherface did it it's an instadown. When Trickster does it he basically uses like 10 seconds to eventually injure them once and give them a speed burst due to being injured.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Not to completely go off topic but there are people going to jail in like 5 different states for voter fraud.

This discussion has been closed.