Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Stopped running Meta perks I'm having more fun now

RoachesDelight
RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

Usually when I level up a character I don't play them until I have all the perks I want unlocked at very rare quality.

I started leveling up Adam to unlock deliverance but I randomly decided to start playing with him instead. I'm currently running We'll make it, Deliverance, Dark Sense and Resilience all rare quality atm and I'm kinda shocked by the outcome.

I find myself playing better , smarter and more efficiently. Maybe it's luck or maybe while running meta perks I was playing sloppier because subconsciously I felt like I had a "crutch" to lean on if things got bad or maybe the change was just reinvigorating and lifted my spirits. All in all I'm having a lot more fun now and not taking things so seriously.

I'm not trying to start a war over what perks to use or not to use it's your game play how you want, but if you find yourself getting annoyed maybe change things up a little. Hopefully some people will have the same experience as me and find themselves having more fun.

Comments

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Wish I could relate.

I always come up with the most random builds sometimes and even then, my games are never really fun :/

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312

See that's the thing currently with the change I'm not even bothered by how the killer plays. I mean I hope it stays this way but let's be honest after a few matches of the BS it'll get on my nerves again. I'm just gonna savor the moment while it lasts.

• Dingo88
    Dingo88 Member Posts: 219

I think if more survivours looked at it the same way as you the games would get better the reason certain killers are the way they are is because of boosted survuviurs relying on so called crutch perks.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

I started running lithe, dance with me, iron will, and quick and quiet just for the lawls cause solo queue is awful. To my surprise it's been very successful in juking most killers even at red ranks. It's refreshing co.pared to the meta.

• TimeOutTimmy
    TimeOutTimmy Member Posts: 135

I use that build, but throw in Detectives Hunch instead of dance with me.

The game is much more fun when you're trying something new. I also love to do perk roulette... makes for some good laughs.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

I can never abandon one meta perk: Spine Chill.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

The thing is that a lot of survivor perks are actually really good.

They just get outshined by the meta perks.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

I can't play without ds. Every time I don't nobody else has it and the killer has a field day or when there is an obsession, they don't care and pick me up after being farmed anyway.

The other perks I mess around with. I enjoy loot builds to see what I can get from chests.

• chadbeastofprey
    chadbeastofprey Member Posts: 437

Every time I try to have fun it’s with head on and killers get very mad at that perk so I end up going back to full sweat meta.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    edited March 2021

I'm currently on my way to P3 Nea, Meg, Steve and Kate. I don't know why I do four in the same time. Anyway, as I got them new outfits, I wanted to play them before I got P3 and the usual perks I run.

I played freshly P1 Meg at level 1. The only perk I had was Adrenaline tier 1. I went this way, and had a lot of fun because I felt I didn't take anything seriously. I did the same with Nea, I had Quick and Quiet, Iron Will and Fixated tier 2, and I had a very fun match against a Spirit.

I feel when I don't have my "serious build", I don't care if I play well or not, and this is when I actually play pretty well.

I know DBD isn't a competitive game, but I can't play PVP games without trying to learn, being better, improving, etc. I'm also someone who stresses very easily, and I feel that when I try, I panic and do poorly. When I'm like, I'm just doing a tome challenge, or playing with no perks, I don't mind how I will perform and I play well because stress free.

I already done the no perk achievement, but I think I'll do it again to learn how to play for just having fun instead of trying to do better and better.

TL:DR; I agree with you. 😼

This is a build I'm using at the moment! I like it too. Quick and Quiet is actually one of my favorite perks now.

I'm looking to create more fun builds now. Like one per character, based on their personality, skills or even outfit. (Like a healing build on Cheryl with the Lisa skin.)

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,178

I use a DBD randomizer app for each round I play and the game is infinitely more fun for it!

It's also true what you say about playing smarter: I'll perform better with a lesser perk like "Monstrous Shrine", rather than something like "BBQ..".

I get the most out of the game, learn new ways of playing and using perks, and also focus a lot more on skill than just looking to my perks for saving me.

It feels by far the best way to play the game for me.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

I use different builds for every character so I can switch my playstyle if survivor gets boring. There is no DS my builds and I can pip in most of my games.

Without stacking multiple 2nd-chance perks you start to play smarter instead of relying on perks that reward you for being bad.