Nurse

Yumyumtasty
Yumyumtasty Member Posts: 172
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

I will just suicide on hook on every match against her but sadly my fellow survivors give Nurse a pass because she "takes skill".

I think you're lying to yourself that "she's good" if you go down against her on that pallet and that you just had a ton of fun going down in 10 seconds tops, just because she has enough mustle memory to not fail her blink.

Why such broken game design is left in just because some people find it entertaining is beyond me, this killer literally only exists for streamers or dailys and I'm gonna say it: She's not even THAT hard to learn and only is hard to play on maps like Lerys/Hawkins where mostly a good headset will carry you. Depending on the map there's absolutely NOTHING you can do as a survivor if she's ANY good at predicting your movement, the whole chase is absolutely in her hands and it's not even like old legion where you have a little grace period before you go down.

Comments

• Yumyumtasty

Why design a character for a "small amount of really good nurse players" and leave him busted. She's a relic of old DBD where infinites actually existed and dropping a pallet does almost nothing yeah but on some maps that's the only defence that you basically have.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Nurse is busted but they’re not changing her anytime soon unfortunately

• Yumyumtasty

I play nurse and she's busted, I have 0 muscle memory in her and yeah sure I currently sit at green ranks because I wanna see if I can make it to R1 with trickster but since she's "so hard to play" how come I can 4k with her more easily than for example with demogorgon even with my legendary bad RNG of getting hawkins or lerys every time I play her.

I also don't even game THAT much in general anymore, like 6 hours a day in league/eve online/dark souls 3/dbd, if I was still a gamer she'd be no issue of mastering at all

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

It definitely takes some time to learn how to play against a Nurse but even once you do know how it doesn't get much better. She still is by far the best killer in the game with little to no counter play except just making distance and hoping that she messes up.

I wholeheartedly agree with what you're saying and people shouldn't be giving her a pass like they do.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Nurse doesn't take a lot of skill to play because of survivors like you. And that's coming from one of the biggest "nurse is not okay" people on the forums.

I'm not kidding, I'm a pretty average Nurse, I know just enough to make accurate blinks and not fall for mindgames, but I 4k nearly every trial because of players that have never learned to make a Nurse's life miserable.

Here's a tip you likely won't see often: run along the outer wall tiles, most people don't do that because it's a death sentence agasint any other killers but Nurse is a special case. Because no-one runs them, most Nurses don't quite know how to chase around them.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Look, I completely agree to you, Nurse shoudl get fully reworked, her ability should be weakened a lot and her Movement Speed should be increased to compensate for that. She is outdated and should not be in the game as she currently is.

However, this does not change the fact that you do not even try to play against her. And it is very unlikely that she will get reworked at any point.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

On paper Nurse has the most broken power in the game but in reality only very few players are actually able to take full advantage of that power.

I played her a lot recently and games against your average survivors are rather easy because they have no idea how to play against her.

Good survivors know how to be unpredictable and make it hard to read them.

I think there are other more important balance issues than her right now

• Yumyumtasty

Who does this killer exist for? The 50 people who play this game like a tournament? She needs a rework badly, League had a Champ like this and even tho like less than 0.1% of the playerbase could play him he got nerfed because he ruined every game that he was in.

• Yumyumtasty

I do not get punished for not playing against her, on the contrary, if more survivors did what I do she's absolutely get a rework, this happened to other killers who were way less broken than her.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

She exists for the people who are willing to put time into learning a strong but difficult killer, I have been learning her on console and it took me weeks to get to a point where i can accurately blink without thinking about it too much but even with that there are bugs, LOS, and perks that make it harder to track/accurately blink onto survivors.

In an earlier post you said nurse is easy in green ranks, well in those ranks people don't know how to verse a nurse and are predictable as hell try saying she is easy again after playing a few games against red ranked survivors. I bet survivors are not doubling back, juking, and just being super hard to predict even in the open oh and there is a ton of dead hards which is the best perk against nurse besides iron will.

She may need changes but as the game is nurse is low on the priority list mainly because the survivor role is just so strong that a good team is only beatable with like the top 5 killers. Until the game is in a better state nurse is fine as she is.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
    edited March 2021

To be fair though isnt nurse wildly considered the only one who can battle the best swf? For instance Supaalf scrims with team Oracle before every tournament he also faces team Agony. Sometimes they win sometimes he wins. And asked if he could probably do the same with say spirit "not a chance". You gotta have some killer who can handle the top level of play who at least involves a good bit of skill on the killers part and so far nurse is the best we got.

• Yumyumtasty

No matter how much you want it to be, DBD is not a tournament game, never was and never will be considered for balanced.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
    edited March 2021

Then maybe bhvr shouldn't be starting host official tourneys.

• Yumyumtasty
    edited March 2021

Break LOS against a good nurse on Maps like Ormond, good luck tell me how it went.

Why the heck defend a killer that nobody plays in the first place and the few that do play this game professionally.

And yeah if it's so easy to run her go play against Zubat or any player who's competent with her, all of her power is in her Hands, she's a dream scenario for killers like the trickster who's completely the opposite. This is a mario-party style game where the issue of genrushing has been swept under the rug exactly because of that, a MAJORITY people usually do not play this way.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

Every killer has maps that are good or bad for them that's just how the game is, Hag on Midwhich is nearly unbeatable if they are good since a trap in the hallway results in free hits and survivors have to use the hallways, at least i haven't lost any games on that map as her.

When playing against nurse you are not playing DBD you're playing the nurse game, pallets and vaults and standard chase procedures are replaced by using LOS objects, being unpredictable, and juking around corners and just in the open as well as using the map to try to mess nurse up such as running around shack with the basement in it or around an object to get her to mess up a blink or hit that object.

Nurse is defended because it takes a lot of skill and time to learn her and it turns the game upside down in terms of how you play against her. Also as i said before with the current state of the game why shouldn't a single killer be very strong when survivors can get a good group together and destroy almost every killer in the game.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

So a player who juts suicides against nurse, wants to tell to nerf nurse... Seems reasonable...

Don't you think that you just simply don't play correctly against nurse? Some tips: Break line of sight in TLs and buildings, go to the edge of map, hold W, run towards nurse when has a long blink, trick her with your movement direction, etc.

• REL1_C
    REL1_C Member Posts: 619

Simply because she got nerfed already, they aren't going to nerf her again because of her skill cap.

• Yumyumtasty

That's a really bad argument, survivors are getting nerfed a ######### ton and because they're still OP they'll receive more nerfs in the future.

• REL1_C
    REL1_C Member Posts: 619

I'm sorry, how many survivor perks are getting buffed in the next patch lol...

• Esperiae
    Esperiae Member Posts: 75

Nurse can be amazing if she can predict your every move, honestly the best choice is to make your movements as erratic as possible so she cannot predict. Don't forget to not let her have line of sight because it makes the guessing game for her that much harder thus increasing your odds of escaping.

To top it off Nurse also is plagued with bugs, such as if she tried to use her second blink too quickly while using her first blink she may get stuck charging and fail to blink, or worse still there is a bug I think may be specific to the double blink add on where she falls through the ground (I think it's due to it trying to place her into a location she cannot be at such as in a rock). let's not get started on the random things she cannot blink through lol.

In the end it just takes some practice to outmaneuver her, but honestly I feel like she is one of the easier killers to evade compared to killers like Spirit.

• spiritsLeftball
    spiritsLeftball Member Posts: 173

I completely agree with you, I run the nurse better than my mates but I still kill myslef on first hook

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,228

I guess I'll record my gameplay the next time I practice 1v1 chases against my team's Nurse and demonstrate that it's entirely possible to run a good Nurse for a minute or more. It can be done on open maps like Coal Tower. You're doing something extremely wrong if you're getting less than 20 seconds out of a chase, even without exhaustion perks.

Pallets are used to create 50/50 plays against a Nurse, not for dropping and looping. They're mindgames as a survivor. Dropping them in front of a Nurse with 2 blinks ready to go will just lead to an easy hit.

Survivors also tend to go for blatantly obvious double backs at corners. Those only work against inexperienced Nurses.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Did a nurse ruin your 50 win streak op?

• Yumyumtasty
    edited March 2021

again, don't give a #########, if you'd talk to me on an actual competitive game sure I'd take your tips, but you have your "team" on DBD which tells me enough, you do realize that I don't even read a fraction of what you're spamming right?

This is not a tournament game, it doesn't need to get balanced for the less than 1% playerbase or else all killers would require serious buffs and stuff like freddy would never receive nerfs. I do not care about counterplay, the biggest thing that saddens me is that survivors will DC or Kill themselves against stuff like Freddy but give nurse a free pass.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Why wouldn't you care about the counterplay?

Makes no sense to me

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

This.

You don’t need 2000 hours in Nurse alone to dominate with her, you just need to be “good enough”. Some games you get lucky, some maps really work well for her.

It astounds me that people cry about how Spirit and Deathslinger have “no counterplay” when Nurse has literally none. You can dance, spin and zig zag around in front of her but at the end of the day you’re only hoping that she misses. At least with Spirit pallets and walls provide a solid barrier.

On the EU PC servers there are plenty of Nurses that are good enough. A lot of survivors just don’t have what it takes to play against a competent Nurse. Worse still is the fact that they bring the full gen slowdown perks like they’re running for a damn tournament and many slug at 5 gens.

People let it slide because they find it fun to run baby Nurses around but at the high level this killer is broken and you need swf to defeat one.

• Yumyumtasty

I boycott ######### broken design, I do the same in league or any other competitive game. My mates were yelling at me for banning/dodging against ######### like Xin Zhao (Release) or Reworked Irelia to the point where nobody would play with me anymore. Each time they'd "want to get better" and "learn" against ######### that I knew will get nerfed sooner or later anyways.

The sad thing is that I can't be sure here, they "nerfed" nurse but the nerf was just a drop in the water where she went from broken to less broken...yay?

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918
    edited March 2021

And thats the point I keep making so I’m glad a tourney tryhard says it too.

Anyone that tries to put Spirit on or above Nurse in tier lists is straight up dreaming, and likely just salty about all the Spirits they see every day.

When you play against the upper tier of spirits and nurses the difference in power is obvious and immediately apparant.

• BSVben
    BSVben Member Posts: 256

So if nurse is so busted and easy to play, why do you very rarely see her in any games? (with the exception of the last couple of weeks due to the current rift)

As previous posters have said, your experience of playing her at low ranks is not indicative of how she performs against skilled survivors.

The fact that you suicide on hook against her and are crying for a nerf, rather than learn how to play against her properly is quite telling....

• The_C12H15NO2
    The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 335

If you suicide on hook, uninstall the game. You ruin the game for other survivors' who waited several minutes to load a game & actually want to play no matter who the killer is or how good they are.

• Yumyumtasty

Great, you can play your pre-determined loss against a good one, I'll just go to the next lobby.

• Yumyumtasty

I can't play against spirit too but I won't DC suicide against her because heck, she's not in COMPLETE control over the match, it's mostly a cointoss most of the time and if I'd really be pissed off against her I'd use Iron will.

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598

You hit the nail on the head with this one.

In regards to this thread how do you actually nerf nurse without changing the gameplay? While you can teleport through objects Nurse will always be a problem. Yes league of legends nerfed some of the most difficult champions that were overperforming high elo.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited March 2021

She's not even the most effective killer if you have her absolutely mastered.

Statistically, even in the top 1% of players (as in the best nurse players in the world) don't do as well as the best as other top percenters with a few of the other top tier killers.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

What.

If you think the pallet at any structure is your "only defense" and not literally every other part of the structure when against nurse; then it's pretty clear why you are struggling against her. It isn't because you are having trouble with god nurses, it's because you just flat out don't know how to run a nurse.

She is probably one of the most fun and fair killers in the entire game to run; because it's literally all on you vs her and getting in each other's heads, instead of "Hurr durr ima hold W and press space bar after a few circles and then go to the next one"

• Yumyumtasty
    edited March 2021

LOL laughable, should I use those 2 cartires and car against her? You know that only works against nurses that don't have the muscle memory to blink past right? On big buildings it's basically a damn cointoss unless I'd be able to 360...which I am not, which I won't ever because that garbage "Mechanic" needs to be removed in the first place.

Where is she fair? At the highest level of play which most DBD players won't ever bother with? Why are killers like Freddy or even the Trickster ever even nerfed then if the game is being balanced around highlevel play?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I´d risk to say, that there are no good nurse mains around anymore. At least i haven´t seen a good nurses in over 6 months.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406
    edited March 2021

Trust me! I have more than 2000 hours with the nurse and against good survivors it is almost impossible for me to win on large maps or with walls like lerys.

If you don't believe me, you can check my profile to see the amount of hours https://steamcommunity.com/id/BarbaBear