Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What happened to the horror element

When I first started playing dbd, (around the time freddy was added) the game was pretty spooky. But as the years went on it kinda lost its charm. By the time plague was added I stopped believing this was supposed to be horror, which is sad because of all of the awesome horror icons such as freddy and micheal. But know all we have is trickster.

Comments

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

We need;

More jump scares, whether that be killer or environmental ones such as bangs, trash cans falling over etc.

Much darker maps with little visibility, some won't like it but decreased awareness and visibility will add a bit more tension.

Scarier killers and yes I'm looking at Trickster. Myers and GF have 0 terror radius jump scares, Hag has her traps, need a few more of either.

• Personally I never found the game scary. Except when Oni is the killer

• Psychobeastz
    Psychobeastz Member Posts: 164

Yeah those moments are what terrifies me the most. Especially when you search around the map for 3 mins and still nothing. Makes me wish whispers should be basekit.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Probably because the more you play the more you understand survivors are the power role not the killer, I'm honestly more scared of my own team if they play certain characters or bring a flashlight because watching them play physically hurts my soul lol

• ManWithALemon
    ManWithALemon Member Posts: 422

You become numb to the scares after you ride through the gameplay loop enough. It's a simple matter of building up resistance.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

Being a horror game would make it loose steam faster. Its not easy to make a scary multiplayer game. I wish it was scary though.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Horror is gone when you start learning the game.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

I only get jump scares the first hag trap i trip and as killer getting randomly stunned by a survivor i didn't even know was there.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Tinkerer can be scary depending on your perks.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

The trickets will attract kpop stans to the game, which is pretty cringy and sad

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

as with any horror game, it gets lost after you reached a certain point of playtime.

look at me for example, after putting 4.4k hrs into this game there is not a lot that scares me anymore.

however, i was terrified of this game the first time i played it. one of the main reasons why i started maining killer is, because back when i was new i was way too scared to even touch survivor.

however, the more time i put into this game, the easier it got for me and the less scared i became of it.

thats nothing exclusive to DbD though. try playing other games like Phasmophobia, FNaF, Resident Evil, etc. for a couple hundreds of hours and you will start to experience the same effect.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

Spine Chill happened, sadly

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Horror doesn't really work with a form of media that people spend hundreds if not thousands of hours on like a multiplayer game. Eventually having a horror theme becomes the best case scenario.

• leafninja
    leafninja Member Posts: 123

It can be lol. I pulled like 5 to 6 survivors off of gens today alone because of that perk. lmao

• gaming_boss
    gaming_boss Member Posts: 10

Ignore that I misspelled now. What I meant to say was the newest killer trickster legit is so unthreatining that Jeff's black metal outfit looks more threatening than him

• I dont believe dbd is a horror game or ever was it's really more a horror themed game.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

the game is only scary in the first 10 hours or so. i remember on my first ever match i went against a wraith (probably a wraith) on gideon meat plant and ######### myself when i saw him uncloaking next to me. the only thing that still scares me in this game is oni's roar & billy's chainsaw with a muffler

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Jumpscare Myers and random Hag traps still giving me heart attack

• SMitchell8

Well they'd rather make a Kpop star and bright coloured survivor skins than create something frightening, intimidating, adding more jump scares. It's more of a party game now than a horror one.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

What happened to horror element in game X?

MULTIPLAYER

Game cannot be scary when you are versing another person playing the bad guy.

Horror or fear in general, works on unknown aspects. You are not really afraid of something you understand.

You may be careful around things that are dangerous, but not scared of them.

Another things are phobias, being scared of something in an irrational way.

But DBD cannot be scary because of multiplayer aspect.

Jump scares aren't "scary" btw.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Why would you care who plays the game? Remember when everyone said ninja was going to bring kids to the game? It didn’t happen

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049

This is a boring attitude and way of believing how horror is portrayed. Not everything has to look dark, fiction and non-human.

• SMitchell8

Bright colours and kpop stars are not scary and that's a fact lol. The horror genre is very bias towards dark, spooky, jump scares and frightening Your non human remark is wide if the mark as the scariest villains such as Myers, Jason and Freddy are all humanoid.

When i think of scary, I don't reeeally think of pink hair and an open yellow shirt.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

I like the game moving away from horror. Horror multiplayer doesn;t work imo. Sure some of the maps were darker but you would still get dumb ######### like a myers moonwalking around.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

I do care about my environment.

That question it's the same as if I ask you: "Why would you care about the friends you hang you out with?"

Obviously, you care, because you care about your surroundings.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Everyone is allowed to play this game. Gatekeeping a specific community because you don’t like them is utterly stupid.

You don’t have to interact with these people outside of the game anyway so don’t let them bother you