The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How should I approach battle passes from here on?

OMagic_ManO
OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

My issue right now: I do not play enough to get a considerable level on the pass.

Used to be a consistent player, as of the first pass, I played up to 50 with heavy play time, I now at this current point am at tier 3, played 3 games, i'm on the first tome level, not having luck finding glyphs, I am stumped, a lot of my interest in the game has been diminished so I usually play 2-3 times a week for an hour at best, a few Killer matches, I am looking for advice on what to go about working up the pass, cause there is some worthwhile skins for $10 and not just reskins.

Playtime went from daily, 2 hours or on and off in a day when I wasn't busy, i'm an adult now with a schedule, I have not as much free time but still free time nonetheless, I am asking for advice.

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Don't buy it, right now the balancing and health of this game isn't good whatsoever

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

If you don't plan on finishing the pass don't buy it. I am a returning player also and I find the skins a lot worse than those we got in first few tomes anyway.

• GRT_Alkaline
    GRT_Alkaline Member Posts: 226

When it comes to the pass, you could always do what i do and that is..

I don't purchase the pass and i just play the game doing the tome challenges and when it gets to something like the last day i see where i am and if i am at the level where everything i wanted on the premium row has been reached ill buy it, if not then i haven't wasted my money.

• AdoraBorealis
    AdoraBorealis Member Posts: 4

While there were a couple of really neat looking 'premium' skins in this tome I have to agree with most people. It's not worth the $10 for the 'potential' of getting them. For the most part it'll just fill your 'charms' with useless things you don't want and have no way to get rid of. In addition, most of the 'challenges' aren't. They're just grindy.

Skip the premium track and just use the challenges for bloodpoint. I've bought the last three passes but this one is a no go from me.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

Like other people have said only get it if you can get your money back otherwise it's just charms and cosmetics nothing big.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Ignore them. That's how I do it.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

Don't spend cells on it until you finish it. If you do finish it spend the cells and you will get them all back anyways. If you didn't have the time to finish it, then you didn't waste any cells on it.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692

Probably not worth getting if you're only that far in.

For the Red Glyph challenges, I usually pick Wraith and search for it before interacting with anyone/doing anything else.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I love the game, I keep up to date with all the changes and what have you, but I have 0 interest in the battle pass. Only benefits those you can play a LOT and the free rewards are junk.

• aEONoHM
    aEONoHM Member Posts: 208

Anyone else remember when they claimed you could finish the rifts with only ~1 hour playtime per day? Yeah... no. Way too grindy and s h I t t y rewards for the free track.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,165

I'm not sure I'll finish it. I took three weeks off and finally suckered myself back in (though even then with my own internal rules, I'm not playing nearly as much as I did).

If I don't finish the rift this go around, I'll probably not buy it again. I just don't care all that much about cosmetics and had bought it just for more to do when I played but again, I was playing WAY more previously...