How do you treat survivors with keys?

I usually get the impression that if you see a key, all decency goes out the window and tunneling camping etc.a are fair game. Is this really fair? How do you deal with keys?

Comments

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516
    edited March 2021

I just bring Franklins Denise and go for that survivor first. You want to be a coward? Fine. Lose your lifeline

• gemjas
    gemjas Member Posts: 105

I treat them like every other survivor. I mean, I'll take note that it's there and look out for the hatch when it spawns, but if they're able to key out then oh well.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668

Keys don't bother me if they have them when I play as Killer. I generally don't care what they bring and just treat them as any other survivor.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Idk about others, but i'd rather see them escape with the Key than camp & tunnel.

Camping & tunneling is very boring to me, at least it's just over when they use a Key.

Though i won't treat them nicely or anything: If i can kill 'em, i'll kill 'em.

• UnentitledBunnyMan
    UnentitledBunnyMan Member Posts: 313

If I'm in bad mood I will bring mori and franklin

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited March 2021

I'm tabbed out 95% of the time, so I don't even realize they're in play. It's not different than me bringing a mori, though.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905

Ex’s use to use my ebony mori’s I have saved up

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

The same way I treat every other survivor.

Because I never notice them until it's too late.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I don't do anything different. I'm so slow at killing people that they basically have to wait for endgame to use it.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

I don't notice when survivors bring keys most of the time. But when I do I just tunnel them out the match.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

I'll camp and tunnel that user to death. Hey it's you who don't want a fair game at first place, so don't blame me.

It's half of the reason why i love bubba. Soo good at dealing with these people as well as toxic survivors.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

when I notice a key, which isn't often because I'm usually watching something else during lobby time, I make sure they are out of the game first.

I don't tunnel, until we reach 2 gens left, which is when the key matters. at that point, they are the number 1 priority.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I don't really care. If they want their free escape, whatever. Just goes to show how little confidence they have in themselves and their team.

• shitman
    shitman Member Posts: 203

When I see in the lobby is the key most of the time I just go out, I have no desire to play against them. I played at Legion and controlled the last 3 generator, the game was already essentially won because they never had time to fix the generators before my arrival. I managed to kill one of the survivors, and when Luke showed up, all three players jumped into the hatch.

• bgbomb
    bgbomb Member Posts: 434

Justb dodge it.

Key is more unfair than bnp.

And bnp is already too much.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

I just slug that person and smack all her friends when they come to get her.

• LazyPayday
    LazyPayday Member Posts: 420

I used to switch to my main. Now that I can't do that, I'll either dodge, use Franklin's, or tunnel them and hope they're not in a swf and tell each other where the key is at.

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443

They want to change the parameters of the game so I will do the same. As you so perfectly put it yes decency goes out the window. They wanted a quick game they'll get it one way or another

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 234

I don't even bring a key in (but will absolutely scavenge one from a sacrificed survivor and/or ches) and now I'm wondering if the times killers just seem to be screwing with me are for twitch streams 🤔

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Same as I do anybody else. I dont care about keys. They don't matter. I've had survivors escape with them only a handful of times.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

I just play it like normal. It is annoying that I get punished rank and bloodpoint wise because they essentially cheated me out of part of the game; but other than that I don't begrudge it or anything. I play the game like normal, unless they last second swap to it then I play it normally but without the survivor rulebook in hand.

However they are broken and need to be changed.

• Mendax
    Mendax Member Posts: 130

I do not care. I don't play for 4k

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I pay like normal because in all my time playing, I could probably count on one hand the amount of times a survivor has actually escapes with a key, and I've never seen multiple survivors escape via the hatch. Tunnelling a survivor just because they have a key is pathetic.

• Mysterynovus
    Mysterynovus Member Posts: 318

A single Key, I don't care about. It's usually the last person alive holding the key who gets the hatch anyway. Keys, map, and flashlights? You're getting Franklin'd.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

Same as any other survivor, keys don't bug me. I figure if they're bringing a key they're not confident that they can complete 5 gens so probably not the best player. Most times they'll use it while in a chase screwing over remaining survivor(s).

• Satori
    Satori Member Posts: 75

So thats why i cant complete my archives, now all make sense🙂

• km66
    km66 Member Posts: 111

Killers who always want to 4k only care about keys. It’s so rare that more than two or more survivors escape from the hatch. If there’s one survivor left and they have a key, who cares?

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

I'm lobby dodging keys and tunnel survivors with plundered keys. Blame BHVR for not fixing keys at the same time as moris if you don't like it.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

Depends on the state of the game (gens done).

But usually they will be slugged a lot if recently hooked and will take priority in case of being chased. On top of that, no mercy if unhooked in my face, as I usually go for the unhooked instead.

• EvilClimax
    EvilClimax Member Posts: 41

Tunnel, camp, BM.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

I'll prioritise then over other survivors, because I see them as the biggest threat to a potential early end to the trial. I don't mean I tunnel, but if I see a keyholder with another survivor, it'll be the keyholder I aim for first. Makes sense.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

First, let me thank all killers that dont camp and tunnel me for bringing a key. Because that actually happens a lot.

The only reason to bring a key anyway is the fact that i play solo survivor only, and that almost every second game someone dcs or suicides, making the game unbalanced on the spot. Depending on how i feel, i would just run to the killer to get over with the game and get to the next one. But if i have a key, i at least have a fighting chance. That said, i dont hide or anything, i do gens normaly, and try to get the remaining survivors out the normal way. Only if that istn possible (the second guy suicides because the first guy did, for example) then i take my backup.

But a lot of killers do camp and tunnel for that (although a lot of killers do that anyway), so i sometimes think that that is enough counterplay for keys, no further nerf needed ^^.

Just to add to the discussion why some people even bring keys.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

this is how i treat them

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500

Is that screaming, overacting, overexaggerating part of the usual routine, or is it just because of the key?

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Make sure they die before they get to the right amount of gens. I'll put on a sweatier build.

Devour, Undying, BBQ, then either Franklin's or MYC for the ez hook trades.

Double Windstorm

Then I play the match like normal

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486

If they got a key, no big deal, I’ll let you have it and treat the game fairly normally...but if you last second switch to key.

God help you.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Normally for the simple reason that I'm probably tabbed out in the lobby and don't tab back in until the game starts. So I probably don't even know someone's bringing a key in the first place.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

Haha, same to me XD I usually dont check it if they bring a key into the match. I dont like keys, but I dont care about anymore. And a lobby full of 3-4 med kits is much bader to me, especially if Im not playing an one shot killer.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

I dodge the lobby, simple as. If they last second switch to a key then I’ll just DC while loading in. I’d gladly play against anything survivors can throw at me except keys. I don’t like having to sweat extra hard purely because of the existence of a single item.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I treat them the same. If i catch them and hook them 2 or 3 times, they're out.

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289

I only bring a key because i am trying to get the hatch trophy. it feels impossible to get. for everyone to survive and being able to find the hatch and open it without the killer killing us all. usually better playing with friends but we always have one space left so it's a random that joins. i guess it is one of those things i may get the trophy one day :)

• SimonSkinner
    SimonSkinner Member Posts: 24

I either lobby dodge or if I play it then I deliberately tunnel the key user, because if you bring that item I have no sympathy. I expect the same of killers if I bring one myself.