Question to killers

Options
ethan99
ethan99 Member Posts: 154

The third survivor is down, do you try slug for the 4K or contest the hatch?

Just wondering what the general response is.

For me when the third survivor is down and multiple gens are up I feel like I've dominated the game and won already so I will contest for hatch, I don't mind if the survivor finds it first.

Comments

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486
    Options

So many circumstances to consider. Just put me down for 50/50. If I wanna sweat, I’ll chase the 4k, if I want to test my luck, I’ll kill the third and see what happens~

• Volfgang57
    Volfgang57 Member Posts: 369
    Options

Depends. If I know the 4th person is nearby or I know where the hatch is I'll go investigate it to see if they're camping it.

If I don't know where they are or don't feel like dragging things out I'll go ahead and hook the 3rd person and go from there

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Hook and look for hatch. I take either a 3k or 4k as a win, so I'm not overly worried about a single escape, though I do want the bp for closing the hatch if I find it first.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

I generally just hook the person. If the fourth get's the hatch, I don't really care. If I find them before they find the hatch, I might bring them to hatch anyways, depending on how the game went.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,634
    Options

Usually I just kill the third Survivor and then I search the Hatch. If the last Survivor gets it, fine by me. In the end, they were lucky to get away, and I won.

The only exceptions are:

• I see the last Survivor when downing the third
    • I need my fourth BBQ-Stack
    • The last Survivor was either pretty annoying (either against me or their teammates) or was hiding the whole game

And then again, if I got them, I would not mind if the other guy would escape.

• chadbeastofprey
    chadbeastofprey Member Posts: 437
    Options

i never slug for the 4k. it's too boring. if i'm about to kill the 3rd survivor before the last gen has popped then the game is over. let's have a fun little race to the hatch to finish it off.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

depends on my mood.

usually, I just hook the guy and see what happens.

sometimes, I look for either the hatch or the last survivor, whichever I find first.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

Depends most of the time if I don't see the last survivor when i down the third I'll just hook.

But if the last game I had the hatch just magically appeared in front of the last survivor in chase as soon as the 3rd died or if they find it and teabag on it as if they achieved something by having the entire team die then I'll slug for the 4K after because I'm annoyed from the previous match when I didn't.

• NoxVeno
    NoxVeno Member Posts: 177
    Options

Sweaty survivors , I slug. Normal, let the races begin! Of course depends on hatch placement. When it appears right next to your third hook you get to ask how you REALLY feel about #4

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I always hook the 3rd unless I have some indication where the 4th is (nurse’s calling, scratch marks, Spies, etc.)

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195
    Options

I don't ever mind if the 4th survivor finds the hatch. When I play I have a personal goal to just get all 4 tokens on my BBQ and Chili because kills don't matter too much to me and bloodpoint addiction is real lol

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

Almost always hook the third. If the fourth or the entire team has been try-hard, though, I'll try-hard back at them.

After hooking the third, I go looking for them. If I find hatch first, I hope they can get around me to get a gate open, cuz I'm going for the 4K. If I find them before hatch, I'll down them and go from there:

• If they are struggling, they get a hook.
    • If they aren't struggling, they get the hatch.

I'm not out to punish anyone for playing Survivor, but I'm going to play in a way that gives them fair chances, and I don't mind giving them the hatch if they conceded their loss by the end. If they get to a gate, have it part way open, and clearly meme and plead to leave, I might let them go based on how I felt things went.

Also, if a Survivor DCed, I will just meme and not take the trial seriously. If someone is try-harding, they will get tunneled, but everyone else is basically free to get easy BP and some Killer memes. I generally won't punish Survivors if someone on their team got salty and left early. Giving up on hook is trickier to gage, though, and it's kinda case-by-case.

• Volfgang57
    Volfgang57 Member Posts: 369
    Options

Getting to have that little power trip is why I like playing Killer sometimes, haha

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    Options

I only ever slug the 3rd survivor if I see the 4th one... Otherwise its 50/50 for hatch.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

unless i know exactly where the 4th person is, i contest hatch.

its just no fun for anyone to leave one guy on the ground for 4 minutes while trying to locate the last person who is probaply just sitting in a corner somewhere, waiting it out.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 743
    Options

If the 4th person is my 4th stack and has been immersive, letting their team down, then I slug. Usually I’ll let the slug have hatch tho unless they bleed out.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Depends on situation. If 4th person is right there and wasn't one to easily loop me earlier in match I'll go down them. Otherwise I'll just hook the 3rd person. If 4th gets hatch good for them. I'm not a fan of being slugged so I try not to do it to survivors.

• NoxVeno
    Options

this is separate situations? Cause they can't get out if you closed the hatch and they are down with closed doors( or maybe my coffee hasn't hit yet) ;)

• AsherFrost
    Options

As killer you can open the door for them. I will do that for a Claudette or ash who has played well and is last alive, because I love them more than I love the points for a 4k

• NoxVeno
    Options

but not if you closed the hatch right? you can only open the door after gen 5 but if you close the hatch only survivors can open the gate

• AsherFrost
    Options
  • Tomskrex
    Tomskrex Member Posts: 142
    Options

You were good sport and played good?

No slugging, if you find hatch gg, I usually do give hatch to good players and sports.

You were bad sport and constantly tried to provoke me?

You bet I am slugging for 4k.

• katapad
    katapad Member Posts: 55
    Options

If I already know where the 4th survivor is and can get there quickly? I'll slug. Otherwise, hook them and move on.

I don't want to spend 2-3 matches finding a hatch to get there and watch them jump in.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Contest.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Only if I know their location. I.E I saw them in the distance as I downed them or they mess up a skill check. I don't really get slugging for the 4K. Especially when it massively drags out the match. I just assume its those "REEEE I'm entitled to the 4K I brung good add ons abloo bloo".

Pack up, move on. Whoever gets the hatch gets it. Makes it more tense. Faster time to search for the next match, more BP. Everyones happy.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Depends on the survivors. If it's the Dweet that was just plain out of his element, sure. Contest the hatch. May even give it to him. If it's the Clicky Clicky Blendette, I will slug the third to hunt her down. If the slug was a decent player, or new, or funny, after I find the forth, I'll give the slug the hatch.

• CrustyCake
    CrustyCake Member Posts: 38
    Options

There is a lot to consider in that situation that will influence my decision on slugging or not.

Generally it is to contest the hatch. The match is over, I wanna get to the next one so I can try to fix my mistakes while they are really fresh in my mind.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

In the scenario of two survivors left and I have downed one of the two remaining survivors these affect my decision making - Consider it a flowchart of sorts

1. After downing one of two remaining survivors - Do I see the remaining survivor or any sign of them? If no I just hook
    2. If yes - I'll slug for a minute or so and if I cannot find them I just hook who I can - If they were an annoying immersed little ######### for most of the game I'll likely spare the survivor I just downed and look exclusively for them sometimes even picking up the other survivor and releasing them

On occasion if I think a survivor played well even if I down all 4 survivors I may spare them - It depends on if they performed well above the other survivors. Alternatively if I feel they have an excessively weak link on the team I may spare them and kill the other 3 survivors just so they don't get totally burned in a game they shouldn't be in - Ex) A rank 15 getting in a game with rank 1's

tl;dr - I usually just kill what I see if I know I've pretty much won because anyone can get a 4k by slugging. More efficient to get bloodpoints by moving to the next game than letting pride get in the way for a 4k (Same applies to survivor, bloodpoints more important just move to next game by any means)

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

Depends on how they've been playing. If they did well the last surv can have the hatch, if they've been a pain in the rear i might slug. might usually i don't

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 233
    Options

If I down the 3rd, and 4th is in sight, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

• Murph
    Murph Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2021
    Options

Slugging takes way too long. I'd only ever do it while going for an adept achievement.

Post edited by Murph on
  • JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

If I'm missing my BBQ stack? Slug.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,200
    Options

it matters how the game went it all survivor were toxic and giving me a hard time I slug for the 4k but if all gen or 4 gen still need to be done I give hatch

also if the match was fun no toxic survivor or if only 1 or 2 were toxic I give the none toxic one the hatch

one more thing sometime if someone dc kills them self on first hook I have farm let everyone go after hooking 2 times at the least tho I sometime don't do that because they kill them self too when they don't know to trust me.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    Options

Depends if I found the hatch before I hook the third survivor I tend to contest and or close the hatch

Otherwise I go for the slug and if they don't struggle on my way to the hook I drop them and pick them back up once I find the hatch and take them to the hatch and let them use it

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Depends entirely on my mood and whether or not I'm working a Daily or a Rift. I don't have any pre-determined rules for what I'll do in any match. Most of the time, I play the game as hard as I can. Once the last Survivor is down, then I decide if I feel like giving the hatch. In short, my shallow pride demands that they KNOW I gave it to them, they didn't beat me to it. Does that make sense?

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

If the survivor is right in front of me and I've had a miserable slog of a match, yeah I'm gonna slug for the 4k.

Otherwise, though, I don't really care. Actually, that's not entirely true, sometimes if they're in front of me I autopilot down them then give them hatch.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

Usually no. Can't be arsed.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

I almost never slug for the 4k because it just wastes both of our time. I don't care if I get a few extra points for a really boring experience. I would rather just get into the next game.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278
    Options

Depends on if the last survivor was being rude all game or not. If no, then they get hatch, as long as I'm not going for adept

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229
    edited March 2021
    Options

If the game was very long I hook the third and I don´t care if the last one escape because I think they played good and I did my good points and the last deserve the hatch even if I close the hatch if the survivor ask me open the door I let him go,