Killers,Which survivor perks would you remove?

HuDawg
HuDawg Member Posts: 312

Title

Comments

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Unbreakable.

• HuDawg
    HuDawg Member Posts: 312

I dont understand why you would remove unbreakable tho.

object of obsession i understand why nothing like getting looped for 10 minutes

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Actually, none of them, most perks are either balanced or are being looked at by the developers (Decisive Strike, Object of Obsession, etc).

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

None, i think all of then can be fixed with some tweaking.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

BT( I'd rather see it reworked), unbreakable, deliverance, dead hard, boil over

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

Object of Obsession.

its just unhealthy for the game in its current state and really needs a rework.

• KlapzCheeks
    KlapzCheeks Member Posts: 171

Prove thyself and Wake up

Gens go by fast enough without the speed boost

Not a lot of survivors run wake up but boy is it more useful than people realize

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

for me it would be

Unbreakable and spine chill.

I mean sure you can force someone to use unbreakable early sometimes but it's annoying has no real counter play.

and spine chill well I've gotten used to listening for the terror radius to know if a killer is coming, If they're stealth I keep my eyes peeled the best I can. so spine chill really doesn't change my game too much. haven't used it in a long time .

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

Unbreakable is THE one perk that can absolutely turn a "This game is over" situation into a "This game is completely lost" one. But I wouldn't remove it, or even rework it, as it's still situational and, IMO, balanced because of that.

Object of Obsession, on the other hand, can go in its current state. I've seen it abused too many times in ways the devs probably didn't foresee when they introduced it (mainly with SWF groups). I watched a 3 man SWF, one of which was running OOO, sandbag their solo teammate with the perk. The Object user basically shadowed the solo, and OOO kept leading me to them, while the Object user managed to stealth away, using the solo player as "bait" for me to chase while the SWF group went about their business -- they did it so well, at one point, I thought I was facing TWO OOO users, and didn't realize what had happened until the match was over. It's the most toxic thing I've ever seen a SWF group do, honestly.

From a survivor's point of view, I wouldn't remove any killer perk either.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    edited March 2021

Iron will and dead hard. Delete it ASAP

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698

Calm Spirit and wake up

Not cause they're good, but cause i run into more of these than I should

They are not good. Stop using these perks.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Object. I see that outline at match start and sigh. Knowing theres a 99% change that they're on comms and my entire killer power is most likely redundant. From that point forward my win is based solely on them misplaying and not my skills or decision making. There's other strong perks that annoy me but I wouldn't remove them. They can make the game more interesting.

pls no. Smacking someone in the back of the noggin with me mallet is always so funny when they just flop over with no scream.

• magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499

I'd remove Premonition the perk told too overpowered.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

dead hard

• Tomskrex
    Tomskrex Member Posts: 142

Object.

Not because it is too strong.

Because it is miss used and serves to fuel really bad sportsmanship.

• Shenshen
    Shenshen Member Posts: 256

All around I'm quite happy with survivor perks but I would remove/rework everything that allows you to do gens faster. You don't need Prove Thyself, Resilience, toolboxes etc.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Left behind.

I've yet to see a non-super immersed survivor use this perk.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

unbreakable

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

What if Iron Will simply made injured Survivors breathe like healthy Survivors, rather than nearly mute out all sound?

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698

very true it is funny to hear the plop with no scream

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

That would be better, but Perk is outdated. Look at off the record - nice survivor perk completely overshadowed by iron will needs condition to work or timer

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,220

Unbreakable could do with a greater cost.

Sure it only works once per game, but you're lucky if you'd get a chance to use it once a game, and when you do, it's insanely powerful, catches the killer off guard, undoes their objective.

Something like "after recovering by yourself with Unbreakable, you suffer from the Broken status for 60 seconds" or something like that, could be fair. Or make it an exhaustion perk so you can't pop up and immediately Sprint Burst away or Dead Head out of a hit.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Unbreakable.

I don't think there's a perk that's made me lose so much for making the correct play. Killers need to slug for pressure, and if all survivors have this perk, then you can't win by slugging.

• SunTzu
    SunTzu Member Posts: 109

DS and adrenalin sprint .

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

dead hard or object of obsession

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

None of them actually.

I was kinda surprised to realize that myself. But every perk that used to annoy me I can play around now so... yay I guess?

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Deja vu. Sick of survivors running this perk tbh, it's so boring to play against.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Probably just Object of Obsession.

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited March 2021

As someone who has played from beta, I think that Borrowed Time has had an insidious negative effect on the game in terms of making it so killers either basically have to be ready to do a grab or a double hit to down to get any defensive play on a hook, meaning being absurdly close, or just give up on defending at all.

This means that, despite BT being an anti-camping perk, it weirdly... encourages camping?

Probably doesn't need to be removed, but I think it should be reworked. The idea of a perk that makes it so the person you unhook is significantly less likely to instantly go down is neat, but it just warps how the killer views rescue attempts too much. It should be for risky rescues, not 'I am literally doing this in front of you' rescues.

Other than that, OoO and DS are getting the nerfs they need. Undying is a bit of a problem but not too severely. It is sorta the survivor NOED in the sense that its purpose is to keep the game dynamic and introduce a last gasp of air into it, and the problem it creates for slugging way more has to do with how weak killers are at defending hooks and thus their NEED to slug to get tempo than the actual ability to get up itself. If BT got reworked, I am not sure Undying would be a huge problem at all, as suddenly you would WANT to hook people again, rather than do it reluctantly to advance the gamestate at a big tempo risk.

Survivor perks are overall in a pretty decent place. I think items could use a looky-loo (Survivors get way too much value from them overall and it contributes heavily to the SWF disparity that coordinating items to negate a huge swath of killer tools and strategies is so good), but perks are pretty fine. Maybe make small game not detect traps because holy crap Trapper doesn't need the perk specific counters? But gotta say perks are in an ok spot.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

I've never seen anyone besides myself or a Quentin with level 2 wake up and yellow pharmacy use Wake Up.

Also no I won't stop using calm spirit cuz ######### Infectious lol, also I like the perk symbol so that's nice

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

OOO is completely unfair against Trapper. Self care is a daft one when medkits and survivors are there to help. Other than that I've no issue with perks.

• gazzy_g
    gazzy_g Member Posts: 28

The only one I don't like is spine chill. All the rest I can see their fair use and/or and work around, but spine chill is just giving away too much info (plus it makes my spooky Myers sad :( )

I say this as someone who uses it on most survivor runs. It's far too useful for knowing when to slink away, when to burst off an unhook, when to start running and baiting from afar, when to play a violin for the poor stealth killer who is now out of a job.

• UnentitledBunnyMan
    UnentitledBunnyMan Member Posts: 313

Dead hard, it basically gives survivor another health state

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

Dead Hard.

Nothing worse than chasing a survivor and having them Dead Hard for distance (when done for distance, there is no counter, whether you know they have it or not) to a strong vault or pallet, when they should have gone down before they got to that vault/pallet. They keep the chase going through no skill of their own, artificially, by pressing a button and holding W.

When I get outplayed, I like to actually be outplayed.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Dead Hard

• Murph
    Murph Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2021

Dead hard one thousand percent. Press E, make that pallet, chase goes on for potentially a very long time. Made a mistake? Press E! The killer missed their swing because of it and now you made that vault.

A perk is problematic when killers get bad fear of the unknown because of its existence and have to play differently because of it- decisive strike, unbreakable, borrowed time, dead hard, etc. You can't afford to make a good lunge in the first chase and miss because the survivor pressed E. Imagine if killers could press E to make the survivor they're chasing exposed on a 40s cooldown. That'd be dead hard for killers.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981
    edited March 2021

Decisive Strike and Prove Thyself. Gens already go so fast that Prove Thyself just feels like overkill.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

Unbreakable.

It is unfair. When killers are finally snowballing, one unbreakable basically resets it. And it doesn't even need to be earned. You bring it, then you can use it.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    edited March 2021

Dead Hard. All the way.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

No mither(find it making the games too easy to 4k on the extremely rare match I find it being used)

Object of obsession

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

dead hard and sprint burst

dead hard: is essentially a mistake eraser if already in a loop/near one, if you cant make a pallet or window you shouldn’t be able to press a button to make it

sprint burst: the same thing, but instead for being caught out of position.

• edgardot02
    edgardot02 Member Posts: 149

Unbreakable and Iron Will

• Kp1290
    Kp1290 Member Posts: 1

Removing unbreakable makes the game unplayable. All the killer would have to do is slug everyone and gg.

• lupo_grigio
    lupo_grigio Member Posts: 126

if all survivors decide to be in the same place, yeah, wich they should not be doing in the first place

• Blazelski
    Blazelski Member Posts: 351

Exactly this. Both as survivor and as killer (I main survivor now) I believe Exhaustion perks are very bad for the game, particularly Dead Hard and Sprint Burst, and I don't run them in 98% of my games.

Good survivors can use these perks to just straight up win against weaker killers, and they don't need the perks to run the killer for a decent/long time. Bad survivors become dependent on them and don't learn as fast.

I think the only one that's fine is Head On, because it's hard to use well without other synergizing perks, it's funny, and it's easily counterable by a killer who sees it coming. Smash Hit may or may not be fine depending on how hard or easy it ends up being to stun the killer often, not sure. But the classic four that can be uncounterable need to go.

• ManOMaker
    ManOMaker Member Posts: 284

Honestly, Slippery Meat. I’ve had only two games where someone has run this perk and both times I hook them, start chasing someone and they instantly get off and heal. This perk is garbage but the people who have run it have made me frustrated.