It's getting really hard to enjoy survivor

Options

I'm a killer main who likes playing survivor, it's a fun, new, refreshing side of the game that I can do if playing killer's getting too stressful. The issue is however, why the ######### are all the boring killers the ones being played? All I go against are Bubbas, Hags and Pigs, that's all I get anymore and it's so damn boring. Can I see like, a killer that requires more than 2 braincells to function as for once, like can I see a Billy or a Blight, hell even a Legion, I'd love to face a Legion. Is this all majority killers play? Just the boring no skill or fun ones? Like ######### man

Comments

• magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499
    Options

I'm actually starting to main Legion, but I honestly feel like it's too easy at times because of my build.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405
    Options

I'm also bored on survivor side. But I'm unfortunately more frustrated about teammates than anything.

Also, I'm playing exclusively Plague lately, since... I don't know why, but now everybody now seem to be cleansing often, giving me power for days. So it's being fun... and it's a different challenge for the survivors. Sometimes they dominate me, especially when they don't cleanse and my fountains are in Narnia, but sometimes I can make pressure for days.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

It's not that refreshing for me at all. Survivor is really one of two ways every match, it's either a noob killer and you might win or its another killer with the meta perks carrying and it becomes a slug party with no opportunity to win. 9 out of 10 matches, however, is a guaranteed loss and it gets boring very quickly being overwhelmingly disadvantaged almost every match.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 311
    edited March 2021
    Options

Playing survivor can be really frustrating. A lot of the time you try your best for your team but they do the most stupid things, farming off hook infront of killer, wasting time in basement instead of doing the objective, being hooked and having two survivors working on the same gen while the third is getting chased by killer (obviously I want my team working but in the circumstance one survivor should leave the gen while the other carries on working). Also you can be a really good teammate, get saves, do gens and the other survivor will still cuck you because they're selfish. I've started playing a different online game and honestly I haven't even missed dbd. I'll play occasionally with my friend but only when theyre online on DBD.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options
  • malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

Exactly, besides infectious nurse and stridor spirit, no killer feels unfair to go against. Yes, there are other killers that i don't love to go against, but if I'm having bad games as survivor it's usually me being annoyed at myself for looping bad or teammates that let me go into phase 2 before unhooking or stealth boys that really don't do much of anything.

• ChalupaXIII
    ChalupaXIII Member Posts: 13
    Options

Man, I'd love to go against a hag lol. I get a lot of freddy and huntress. Every time a game starts up and I hear the humming I'm like sigh... fine. I wish Meyers was a little better so I'd actually get to go against him. I rarely ever see him but when I do it's always a fun time.

• Phasmamain
    Options

Most solo matches as survivor aren’t really you being at a disadvantage it’s more just teammates making mistakes.

Most maps are survivor sided with only a few exceptions and survivor meta perks are stronger than killer meta perks

The only exception being nurse and spirit

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

Maybe it's your rank? I havent seen a hag or pig in weeks if not months lol. I'd love a game against killers like wraith, clown, pig, Billy, doctor, hag, plague, demo... well you see my point I dont see half the killers

• Eve13
    Eve13 Member Posts: 375
    Options

I don't know, at the moment I think there is only Stridor Spirit or Nurse. Sometimes I see an Oni or GF in the red ranks. But everything else is really rare.Β 

Bubbas are my hate killer, because most of them have a really annoying play style and only very rarely there are some that don't slug, tunnel or even camp. Even on the high ranks they somehow get further and I wonder why?

But it's really not the killers that I'm upset about most of the time. My teammates suck so much sometimes. The worst are the Hatch campers who don't even try to save me from my first hook at the end. Even though I have Kindred with me and they can see exactly where the killer is.Β 

Or the people who farm you off the hook in front of the killer and don't take a hit. When is the feature coming that I can kick such people in the face as a survivor?Β 

When the MMR test was, it was better - I had really mostly good mates who have even heard of body blocking and safe hook rescue. xD

• rglarson13
    rglarson13 Member Posts: 201
    Options

Let's not forget the super cool suicide on first hook because it doesn't count as a loss of you just quit at soon as you screw up.

• Phasmamain
    Options

You still depip for suicides so it’s pretty much a loss

• rglarson13
    rglarson13 Member Posts: 201
    Options

Yeah, but the kind of trash survivor that suicides on first hook doesn't care about that.

It's obviously BHVR's fault for putting too many OP killers in the game.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

And yet, kill rates were reasonably high for all killers and pick rates for Hag, Bubba, and Pig were ~12% combined as of late 2020. Five-minute matches only happen if the killer seriously over-commits to a chase or can't get their first hook for quite a while. That or the survivors just get streamrolled.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited March 2021
    Options

I've seen too many Bubbas. He's not OP it just gets boring to see so many Bubbas.

• notstarboard
    edited March 2021
    Options

How is it even possible for most maps to be survivor sided with a few exceptions? At that point the entire game is just survivor sided and the maps are mostly neutral lol

• Phasmamain
    Options

If you look at balanced maps like coal tower or Campbell’s chapel you can see the game is fairly balanced but a lot of maps like haddonfield badham or farm are pretty survivor sided

• notstarboard
    edited March 2021
    Options

And yet, here are the ten most-played killers as of late 2020:

1. Pyramid Head (this was pre-nerf iirc, so he's probably a bit lower now)
    2. Huntress
    3. Doctor
    4. Wraith
    5. Trapper
    6. Myers
    7. Nurse
    8. Spirit
    9. Ghost Face
    10. Billy

Many of these killers are ones that survivors really enjoy facing. Myers and Wraith, for example are usually favorites, and Nurse and Huntress are two of my personal favorites to play against. Notice the typical anti-fun boogeymen not on here: Hag, Freddy, Deathslinger. Notice also that all three of the killers from this post aren't even on here. If people are switching to strong killers and just sweating for wins, it's clearly not that many people. Compare it to the kill rate list:

1. Freddy
    2. Pig
    3. Bubba
    4. Doctor
    5. Spirit
    6. Myers
    7. Ghost Face
    8. Hag
    9. Trapper
    10. Legion

Only half of the strongest killers by kill rate overlaps with the most-played killer list, including none of the top three. Given that there were 21 killers in the game as of those stats being released, this is no different than what you'd expect if you picked ten killers from the roster at random to make each list.

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270
    Options

I mean, I enjoy looping huntresses but other than that I agree with you. Spirit and Freddy are the worst to play against by far, spirits just random chance and Freddy is so boring. I'd say a close second in terms of boringness is clown, he isn't good, he's just not fun to play against in the slightest

• ManWithALemon
    ManWithALemon Member Posts: 422
    Options

Pyramid Head, Nurse, and Spirit are some of the most hated Killers in the game by Survivor players.

And before you say you like Nurse: Cool. You're just one person. Most of the community hates going against Nurse.

• notstarboard
    Options

I think the game balance is reasonably fair personally, but I'd say the same about the maps. I'm just curious how most maps could ever be considered survivor-sided in a balanced game. You'd have to have like three 90% kill rate maps on the other end lol. For every Haddonfield there's a Hawkins imo

• notstarboard
    Options

I don't know, I've heard people say that hate going against god nurses, but they're basically unicorns even at red rank. I like playing against her regardless of her skill, although if she's good and my teammates aren't I'm going to have a bad time.

Still, PH, Nurse, and Spirit are three of the ten. Myers, Wraith, and Billy are also on the list and survivors tend to love playing against them. It's hard to gauge the general community feeling about killers unless the feedback is very consistent, but I'd split things out this way:

Generally liked: Myers, Wraith, Billy

Mixed bag: Trapper, Ghost Face, Nurse, Huntress

Generally disliked: Pyramid Head, Doctor, Spirit

I don't see a trend here.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

@notstarboard

Kill rates don't reflect the context of the match, just final results. A 5min match shows Survivors severely pressing the killer on time but can still end with noed earning kills. Even when killers snowball early, letting up for fun can easily flip the situation. I've had games where 3 players are in the killer's face and we all make it out thanks to hook times.

Even with quick downs, something that shouldn't happen when Survivors are competent, objective time favors Survivors.

As for pick rates; I'm not saying they won't be played, but majority is always gonna be killers which can operate within the crunch time.

• notstarboard
    Options

Kill rates reflect all match contexts. Maybe one killer is good at snowballing and gets fewer total hooks. Maybe one killer can't snowball well but is lethal in the 1v1 and thereby gets more hooks. Both are nonetheless performing reasonably well, because every killer in the game is performing reasonably well. No killer in the game is struggling to get kills at any rank. It's pretty dubious to look at these numbers and assume it's just NOED.

Objective time only favors survivors if the killer does not succeed in generating and maintaining pressure. At the start of the game, four survivors are doing gens. After the first chase but before the first hook, three survivors are still doing gens. From that point until the first survivor dies, unless if the killer is struggling to get downs, one survivor should be doing gens most of the time (one hooked, one saving, one getting chased, one on gens). When the first survivor dies, no survivors should be doing gens most of the time (one hooked, one saving, one getting chased). If the killer chases slowly or struggles to find a survivor this number can be higher, and if the killer is able to snowball into multiple slugs or hooks at once, this number can be lower.

With four survivors on gens, all gens can be done in 80 seconds + moving between gen / hiding / secondary objective time, time lost to killer perks like Ruin and Pop, etc.

With three survivors on gens, all gens can be done in around three minutes + " ".

With one survivor on gens, all gens can be done in around seven minutes + " ". This should be enough time to chase/hook/chase/hook until a survivor dies.

With no survivor on gens, GG.

It's clear from this that the time needed to secure the first hook is insanely important to the outcome of the match, as is the killer continuing to find survivors and chase well. If the match is ending in five minutes with a survivor win, that suggests that the killer was unable to get an early down or that they went through a long stretch during which they either couldn't find anyone or seriously over-committed to a chase. Even if survivors are playing 100% optimally (splitting up, sticking to gens, looping well, etc.) the killer is still to blame in 99% of cases if the match ends that quickly. The one notable exception would be a killer like Legion that isn't able to end chases with their power on a map with a good number of chain-able safe pallets, like the new Meat Plant.

---

Pick rates are going to mostly come down to who is the most fun to play. This is why killers like Huntress have such a high pick rate at all ranks despite not having a great kill rate. Some people are hyper competitive and have the most fun when they're winning as much as possible, but plenty of other people would just rather throw hatchets than sweat with Freddy or something.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

@notstarboard

Not attributing it all to noed, just an example of how that outcome is absent of the advantage held over the killer. Have seen plenty of instances where killer plays near perfect but without survivor mistakes or being presented with an immediate chase, match length is entirely in Survivors control.

Best case scenario is Survivors sitting on gen and waiting until spotted, so the killer can be in one chase after another. Gen pressure is dependent on how Survivors play more than the killer though, if killer is forced to search they're playing effectively but pressure is minimal and abandoning a search to start another is not a great strategy.

I'd say kill rates are good/high cause most go for the elimination over hooks. If 3 hooks were the only method of killing I think the rates would be more reflective of the time crunch on each killer.

• notstarboard
    edited March 2021
    Options

That's fair, but there are plenty of factors biasing things in the other direction too. For example, every time a killer gives the last survivor the hatch that artificially deflates kill rate. At the end of the day, whether average kill rates would be 40% or 70% in NOED-less matches in which everyone tries their hardest, killers are clearly still able to get a reasonable amount of kills. That's all I'm getting at. As a result, survivors clearly either don't have as much control as some on the forum think, or the squads who play cleanly enough to actually seize that control are very rare.

With tracking powers and perks, killers should not have to search much. Once they get their first down they should be able to enter a loop of hook, BBQ/Thrilling, chase, repeat. Stealth just isn't a very effective option against most killers, and most killers are also strong enough in the chase that they don't require a survivor mistake to get reasonably quick downs.

I agree that killers would do worse on average if they had to three hook every survivor to remove them from the game, but in today's game they often don't.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

All I seem to go up against ate Huntress, Meyers, Doctor, and Wraith. Maybe it's just the killers that are preffered in certain regions?

• ClarityOfWill
    ClarityOfWill Member Posts: 198
    Options

Honestly, camping at 5 gens aside (which I've seen far too much of recently), skill based matchmaking cannot come back soon enough. The biggest problem in soloq is just completely useless teammates who cannot loop, don't work on gens and just spend half the match hiding. Beyond infuriating.

• aftermidnight13
    aftermidnight13 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Lol I main Freddy but simply because he’s my favorite slasher. Ghost face is my second. I switch over to survivor and that takes forever to find a match. Survivors have become annoying lately with them teabagging just because they dropped a pallet on me then they get all butt hurt after I kill them, they send me fan mail. Lol

• Shinobi5
    Shinobi5 Member Posts: 1
    Options

IT'S GETTING REALLY HARD TO ENJOY KILLER

• poplavok
    poplavok Member Posts: 40
    Options

I get the whole variety of killers. The most rare for me I'd say is demodoggo for obvious reasons, and the hag. I see legion super often and I don't know why you want to play against him. It's super boring and annoying to constantly mend...

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686
    Options

Really enjoy being the survivor, up until I get a terrible team, hatch campers so I'm on hook and the other survivor refuses to save me despite having fixed most of the gens. Also, finding to be teabagged alot on my hook where the killer basically stands with me until I die so noone can save me πŸ˜‚ then at the end sends me some straight up salty message telling me I need to "get good" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ like behave mate... I've fixed most gens and you teabagged my hook, doesn't really take skill to watch someone die πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Renfear
    Renfear Member Posts: 137
    Options

This is becoming a problem for sure. I played for 5 hours this morning. Not a single good game. We saw Bubba 9 times and Freddy 7 times, with 4 Wraiths and a Myers or two. Not a single good game. Not one. I don't even have to survive, I just want to enjoy myself and it's #########, toxic killers for days, to the point that bathtub toast is sounding pretty good.

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354
    Options

I actually like going agasint Bubba's, the ones that actually like to get into chases and leave the hook. I rarely see Hag and Pig I dont mind, she a pretty basic killer. Freddy is pretty much the only killer right now i have beef with lol

• romones848484
    romones848484 Member Posts: 18
    Options

Nurses require alot of skill,I respect good nurses because majority of them are just god awful

• FaceCampBubbaMain
    FaceCampBubbaMain Member Posts: 19
    Options

Three gen god trapper build go brrrrrr

• Malvanos
    Malvanos Member Posts: 5
    Options

I personally can't play survivor anymore cause meta survivor perk stacking forces the killer to play mad annoying, which is fair cause there's no way to counter-play survivor meta perks, unlike killer ones. But thats just me

• Phasmamain
    Options
  • Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

This is probably off topic but could I ask you what your build for Legion is? I've been wanting to play them but am unsure what build works on them.

• magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499
    Options

Sure. My build is Discordance,Remember Me,Blood Warden, and Noed. I used to screw around one around and it proved very effective.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074
    Options

You see a lot of variety these days and honestly most killers are fun to play against. Leatherface is fun, Michael is fun, Pig is fun, Wraith is fun, Hillbilly is fun, Ghost Face is fun, Demo is fun, PH is fun in a more intense he just slightly missed me way, and more. Blight is fun. Now it is very opinion heavy but I'm sure there are MANY other people out there that love or just simply enjoy going against these killers. It depends on the play style. Camping Leatherface is boring sure but I'm mainly making an example of just normal play. He's very fun to me. Same with Michael. Non of these characters I'm listing are SUPER strong but are strong enough, but are fun. And that's A lot of the killers in the game.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

And here I am giving up immedaitely cause the first killer of the day I faced was a legion with ruin... Boring + boring stacked together? I'm out

Just out of curiosity, what do you like when facing a legion?

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

i think bubba is fun to go against unless he camps you. pig is scary+boring to go against at the same time. scary cuz she has the best stealth in the game and boring cuz once you get one of her hats youll most likely get last boxed and die to rng