This may be my last rift pass grind (and I'm fine with that)

Dr_Loomis
Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

The current rift pass may well be the last one I'm going to attempt to complete.

I've tried to knock it on the head before, but now I simply can't be bothered with the grind.

Currently at level 50. With the 4th level challenges and the odd game here and there, I expect I can get to 70 easily. But getting to 50, with all the previous challenges completed, has been a right slog this time around.

I haven't got the needed amount of free time to dedicate to this game and grind to get the unlockables. I like other games and have responsibilities.

In regards to the unlockables, I don't need anymore re-colour skins and I certainly don't want any pointless charms. All the cutscenes are available online on release.

I enjoy the odd game here and there, but my dedication for DBD is on the decline. It can still be fun when I play for fun...but doing challenges usually feels like a time-consuming chore.

It's got to the point where (like a lot of people), I stick to my one survivor. In regards to killer, I only enjoy playing with around 4 of them.

I have more fun playing casually on occasion.

Post edited by Dr_Loomis on

Comments

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 417

I wouldn't say it's my last, but I'll definitely take a longer break from the game (yet again) after finishing the current rift.

I'd prefer to play it regularly as the time allows alongside other games worth playing, rather than super intensely as the only game I play for 70 days and then not loading into DbD at all for months to recover from burn out and play some other games I didn't have the time for in those 70 days.

• Murph
    Murph Member Posts: 43

I just do the easy challenges and ignore the actual battle pass- no point in panicking over your character's pixels. If I get some free stuff, that's cool. Still not dropping the money on the premium version so I can pay to stress myself out.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

LEAKES FOR RIFT GRIND....

WELL APPARENTLY, and I say apparently according to game leaks and files the next tome should be much easier to complete. The leaks state its reduced the xp needed for a fragments as well as increased the amount of challenges involved. Hopefully that's true ay

• Dermott
    Dermott Member Posts: 50
    edited March 2021

I totally understand you my dude. Imo this Battle Pass system is the most annoying and non friendly for players from the games I've played, both for free and premium tracks.

Post edited by Dermott on
  • musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517
    edited March 2021

Yeah, I feel you. Highest I ever got was tier 55 on the first one and I've just ignored it since then. In the grindiest game I've ever seen, the rift still stands out as being preposterously grindy

Would not be so bad if game performance had an impact on how fast you move through it. Emblems currently have almost zero impact on XP gains, so it's almost purely just time spent in games and challenges. If they actually changed it so that it only took an hour of play per day + challenges to finish it... like they originally said it would... then I'd be much more game for it

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    edited March 2021

My main problem with the rift is that the only thing that endangers me getting to tier 70 is all of the time wasted waiting to join lobbies.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515
    edited March 2021

Don't call me out like this! The only reason I did a bit of grinding was to get Dwight's outfit. Then it was whatever πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ But those glasses are presh πŸ’œ

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

Yeah, my head kinda exploded with the 4 charm recolours for Nurse's ring 😬

Like there are so many skins I love and want to own, so it hurts my heart when I see so much repetition instead of taking a chance on creativity.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

actually, for what its worth, i heard the grind was going to be reduced by making rift fragments only take 500 EXP to obtain instead of the current 800.

however, there is nothing official on that as of yet as far as im aware.

(read it on Leaks by Daylight)

• Dr_Loomis

Another thing that I'm packing in with is the PS4 trophies. As someone who had 100% Platinum with all the DLC at 100% too, I am not going to miss those killer adepts, and from what I hear, Trickster isn't the most suitable character to attempt it with.

Regarding going for 100% of DBD trophies: it was a huge mistake for me. I then had to follow up and do every DLC 100% aswell. It made for some very irritating experiences.

• Lily0
    Lily0 Member Posts: 128

I think I saw somewhere that the next pass will have reduced grind? But im not 100% sure and it hasnt been confirmed by the devs ofc

• Dr_Loomis

Yes a couple of users have mentioned that in this thread at least.

Regardless, I am still very much going casual with DBD.

When I knew I felt relaxed about not unlucking the new chapter, it was confirmed.

I've been contemplating it for a good while, but now is the time.

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454

The current Rift is the first one I ever completed (reached Tier 70 today)

I had to play for entire days and whole weekends

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I feel like the killer challenges don't take too long to complete. It's the survivor challenges that are the ones that require way too much matches to complete a SINGLE one. They only progressively get worse as each level releases. It wouldn't be so bad if I could have 2 of these challenges selected, but you can't.

• Dr_Loomis

Well this is it. It's certainly a lot of work for a few re-coloured skins and charms. One grind I can happily do without.

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454

It really is. I don't regret it but it wasn't really that worth it.

I will make the most out it and enjoy my few rewards

• Dr_Loomis

Some of the challenges are truly tiresome and act as speed-bumps when working through the pass.

Have 20 gens completed? At least 4 matches.

Find 6 red glyphs? At least 6 matches.

Etc.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

It will make 10 games to get 1 level instead of current 15. Without challenges it's still 2.5 hours per level instead of current 3.7. Good change anyway if it's true.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

That's exactly what I'm talking about. And let's talk about the red glyph challenge. There's been two matches so far where I've tried my hardest to find one and can't find any throughout the match. So it's definitely going to take me more than six matches to complete this challenge. Again, I wouldn't mind if I could tackle another challenge while trying to get this one done but I can't. It's truly awful, IMO.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I only didn't finish the 3rd one and missed some cool stuff. It annoyed me quite a bit even though it was outfits for characters I don't even play. Ended up burning myself out completing the next 2. That and the extremely disappointing new content in the last 6 months makes me not want to bother at all. THe rewards mostly suck anyway. Recolors of 4 year old outfits and such.

• Dr_Loomis

On the subject of the challenges: Risky Repairs...great fun...honestly...fantastic concept πŸ˜‘

Much like the Take One For The Team Team trophy, this challenge encourages counter-productive and disruptive behaviour.

Risky? You have to have blind luck or potentially leave a gen at 99%, have the killer stride toward tou, pop the gen then get pursued.

Completely moronic. I'm not going to miss challenges like this.

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

Well yes, when I say 'That would mean that just completing all the challenges would be enough to get to tier 70.' I am not being entirely accurate, because you also still need your daily matches of killer and survivor for the daily bonus and complete a certain number of matches. However, I calculated it back then and the number of matches you would need to complete after you are done with all the challenges should already be met by the time you actually complete all the challenges. Whereas now, when you're done with all the challenges, you still need to play like 200 games just for the match xp.

So basically you will just need to play two games per day and make sure you get all the challenges done.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

It took me 3 matches to complete stun Killer with a pallet that already dropped (with Any mean necessary)

First match I didnt think of the exploit.

2nd match I had a chance to leave while being injured, EGC is about to end, but I decided to drop a pallet, pickup then wait for Killer to come. That Bubba mind game himself going around the loops left-right-left-right, then hit me down. I didnt able to react in time.

That repair 15 Gen, sacrifice 20 survivors are a pain too.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

I think it would be way more fun if killer charms worked again. Winning charms that I never get to see doesn't motivate me much.