The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Billy vs Bubba

DBD78
DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Just for fun who in your opinion would you class as the better killer of these two and why?

And which one of them in your opinion is most fun to play?

Long since I made a killer vs killer thread. Would never have put these guys against each other back then but since that time Bubba was buffed and Billy nerfed so..

Comments

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

Billy is the better killer. The ability to cross the map is huge and keeps enormous pressure on survivors. Then theres the fact that its so easy to pallet stun LF while hes doing the chainsaw dash that it kinda ruins him but you cant do it to billy like that.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

I believe Hillbilly is better at higher skill for he has mobility and instadown, which can be used all the time, while Leatherface has instadown and multiple instadown, the later is dependant on Survivors cluttering so it cant be used always.

At lower skill Leatherface is easier to play so its better for newcomers.

• PotatoPlayer
    PotatoPlayer Member Posts: 102

I'm a low ranked but I see Bubba a lot, way way more than Billy. His instadowns stink, and his face camping isn't fun. I always try to help with rescues against facecampy Bubbas, and it just ends up being a hook exchange and a buncha injuries.

I'm inclined to say Bubba lol. Billy is just too rare for me.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

bubbas chainsaw is a lot more accurate and is next to impossible to dodge but his chainsaw but his chainsaw doesnt do much else . billy can run like usain bolt but he cannot chainsaw multiple survivors at once. i think billy is better

• UnentitledBunnyMan
    UnentitledBunnyMan Member Posts: 313
    edited March 2021

Do u even main bubba or Billy?

Yeah try use chainsaw only on an indoor map lol. Billy is joke now. If u use Billy and u don't M1 u can never hit a survivor in a loop with a pallet in it. Why do u use Billy since u M1? If u have to spend 120 seconds to down a survivor then your killer is just bad. On lots of loops billy is just as bad as trapper. Just played a game with red ranks and I only got 3 hooks as Billy because I refuse to M1 and they 4 escape. If I was using bubba I'm sure I can at least hook 9 and never M1. Btw I hit rank 1 as Billy in 2017 and I believe he is still worse than buffed bubba in looping with his old addons.

• Bigbubbaboi
    Bigbubbaboi Member Posts: 41

I would say Bubba just for loops is easy an also way easier to learn but I believe billy has a higher skill cap and potential

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

This is a bit harder than it might seem at first glance.

Billy has great mobility and once mastered, can curve around most loops and make survivors have to sweat their balls off.

Bubba is a bit simpler but still pretty damn effective. He lacks the mobility, but has more control of his chainsaw, is easier to use, and has a shorter charge time.

It's also worth mentioning that Bubba is less affected by maps such as the hospital. Make no mistake, it's a bad map for both of them, but Bubba's control and shorter charge time make it a lot easier to land chainsaws while Billy's neutered pretty heavily.

It's... a hard choice. They're very similar in strength and you could easily argue for one or the other.

• UnentitledBunnyMan

I main both and trust me current bubba is even better than old Billy.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

If you refuse to m1 that's on you. If Billy could have every hit be an instadown that would be a little imbalanced don't you think? you catch survivors out of position, or in a dead zone they create and then you can start instadowning. This was the exact problem with his add ons before it allowed every hit to be an instadown, killers aren't designed in that way.

• UnentitledBunnyMan
    edited March 2021

Yeah he is designed to be bad, worse than bubba so devs can sell their sweet dlc. If u think old Billy is too strong then bubba is stronger. If u can't down a survivor quickly enough then u have 0 pressure against decent survivors, which bubba does much better than Billy. Imagine a Freddy without his dream snare, that's what's Billy like.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

The brothers grim.

they’re both chainsaw wielding maniacs with family issues. One walks a straight path; the other swerves around a bit. All in all, I would say bubba.

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229
    edited March 2021

I feel more comfortable with hill billy, it's faster, more map control, hitting with the chainsaw from a far distance is the best and in short loops like the shack uff I feel super pro haha and sometimes it gives me the last kill if I can hit someone in the door before he escapes, just a good game with the nurse beats hill billy.

Ledy on the other hand I like he insta but for me he doesn't have as much map control I have to slugge constantly and if they are good at loppers I lost 2 motor in that loop.

I think any killer can give you a good game I play them all and killers that I don't like have surprised me with good games but it depends on the skill of the survivor, how fast they repair, the map, your perks and addons very important if you like the killer, many people don't like pig and I love her and I guess that's why it's one of the killers that gives me the best games.

• UnentitledBunnyMan

If u can lose 2 gens as Bubba either your opponent is GOD or u r just bad. Just bring bamboozo and get near and saw, either he drop pallet or he downed, what's hard?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

Generally, I would say leatherface is the stronger killer.

However; a really REALLY REAAALLLLY good Billy is stronger than any leatherface in my opinion. However the percentage I would say are good enough with Billy for that is fairly small.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Bubba is easier to play, no doubt. If you wanna turn your brain off when you play Killer, Leatherface is where it's at.

Billy has higher potential - but most players can't be bothered to put in the effort. And honestly, I can't blame them.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Bubba has better chase potential, but Billy still has an amazing chase and mobility.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

While Hillbilly is a strong killer, I don't think he's as strong and fun as he used to be. Overheat REALLY messed him up badly, forcing you to use his mobility a lot less.

I think it's safe to say that Bubba is now the stronger chainsaw killer (in my opinion at least). He is a lot less addon-reliant compared to Billy, who really works best with Engravings or steering addons. Bubba's anti-loop is pretty damn good if you know how to use it. Combine that with Bamboozle, Spirit Fury, and Enduring, and you've become the anti-loop brute.

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229

I don't know how stop fast god loopers with bubba, with hill billy I can't break loops very fast, but bubba is very slow in loops and I miss a lot of time in every chase, that's why I need to slugging, sometimes I have good matches but I will try more bamboozle with him

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

Billy is only better than Bubba on paper assuming you don't get an indoor map, you can curve and play flawlessy on top of the survivors not really being the best at playing against him. Billy also gets virtually no help from the add-ons because even the ones that enchance your power have to penalize you like the Engravings with higher charge time and faster overheat.

People keep insisting on saying that Billy is still A tier despite the fact that nobody plays him anymore, but the truth is if the conditions that i mentioned above are not met, he's just gonna be a discount Bubba.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,188

Billy is better in every area outside of hook camping. Bubba is one of the easiest killers in the game to loop as a survivor. Billy has better map pressure and and his 1v1 is better, especially when you factor in Lopro Chains.

• reeves7
    reeves7 Member Posts: 306

Billy has better 1vs1 than bubba?? What are you talking about,the only thing billy has is better mobility and THATS IT.

• UnentitledBunnyMan

Just get near and saw what's diffcult? Don't chase in LT + double window cause u can't win, odinary loops are just a piece of cake for Bubba, survivor has to drop pallet or he gets downed

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,188

A good Billy 100% has better 1v1. Billy can curve tiles for a one hit down. What can Bubba do? Break a pallet?

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

They have their respective strengths, but Billy's are more valuable.

Bubba is more lethal and you can't dodge his chainsaw (unless he's really bad) without dropping pallets. Billy's chainsaw, you can dodge.

But Billy has map mobility, and that's essential for a top tier killer.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,860

This is a personal preference. If you prefer a more simple approach to the chase game, Bubba would be the better choice. If you prefer a high skill ceiling chase game that offers really good mobility, Billy would be the better choice. Both are really good killers though.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

Billy is probably better in the long term if you put a lot of practice with his curves but man is bubba fun as heck to play. His power is easy to use but somewhat difficult to master around some loops. Bubba is a lot less frustrating and more fun to play vs billy imo.

• Justice4Billy
    Justice4Billy Member Posts: 21

Yeah I agree billy is way weaker. Also billy main here with 31.000 chainsawhits :D

• Zaytex

He's A tier, easily. Top five, IMO.

No one ever plays him anymore because he actually takes skill and dedication to master. Why bother, when you can slap on Stridor to a Spirit or just switch your brain off as Freddy and get an equal or better result?

• UnentitledBunnyMan

After u master him u can be like 50% bubba in loops. Impressive. We Billy mains says he's not good anymore but u non Billy mains insist 'good Billy'. How about u become a good Billy and show us?

• Zaytex

I mean, all the streamers and best killer players in the game regard Billy as better than Bubba. Not to insult your skill, but if you're still at a place where you perform worse than a Bubba, its because you haven't mastered Billy yet.

But like I said before, why bother mastering Billy when Spirit or Freddy exist? So much less effort for better reward.

• UnentitledBunnyMan

But in Asia forums and streamers view bubba is better than Billy and I believe Asia gaming level is superior

• Zaytex
  • UnentitledBunnyMan

U r just like martial arts blower says kongfu masters are strongest in fighting lol dude. Try play both Billy and bubba yourself pls

• UnentitledBunnyMan

Because survivors are actually good and killers can't secure a kill if they don't face camp as bubba

• UnentitledBunnyMan

In Korea serve if u lose 3 gens in first down then u can't kill anybody unless u face camp if u r not using nurse/spirit. And facecaming without light born and instant down will be a waste of time with flashlight save BT DH DS combo.

• Justice4Billy
    Justice4Billy Member Posts: 21

You are arguing about billys tier with top 3 Billy in EU lmao. I think Billy is a lot weaker than most killers against GOOD SURVIVORS. Billys whole gameplay is based on predictions and his power is hard to master :( Beside that survs dont have to make insane predictions to counter billys curves. All they have to do is sidestepping when he is curving and billy will miss all the time.