The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So I just got reported for playing the killer

Alucardd
Alucardd Member Posts: 2
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

So its early in the morning for me, I cant sleep so I thought I'd hope onto DBD and just have a game or two as the Nurse (still trying to practice with her), got into the game and straight away I spot someone, get the down then someone else DCs which you know, its early in the morning, maybe they dont wanna go against a Nurse player which is understandable, then once I hooked the downed survivor, the other two simply give up, they allowed to be downed straight away, which once against I was like, okay, understandable, they dont wanna go against a nurse player this early in the morning or just dont wanna try to 3 man the game

So comes to endgame chat and what do we have? Survivors literal first thing they say "Report the killer" Like what? I go on to ask why would you report me for a game that wasn't my fault, they go onto say, "you could of farmed with us, we were giving you the signs to farm" like so? Bruh if I dont wanna farm, dont get super salty at me in the endgame chat, I aint here to babysit survivors, then one of them goes onto say that Im a hetero (I dont really know what that means in terms of insulting) and that I should just kill myself and that it would make the world a better place, least I have reason to report the person now xD

It completely boggles my mind to some peoples thought process on how that in some world this was my fault to them giving up on the game, then saying to report the killer, put their username on the forums so other survivors can see to what end though? I honestly dont get some survivors in this game sometime

SO yeah I just wanted to share that experience with you guys and just wanted to know what kind of entitled survivors you have all came across in your journeys of being the killer, because boi that was something so confusing to why I would be reported for a game that they chose to lose purposely xD They also said they were gonna report me here, so Im casually waiting to see if that is a bluff or not

TLDR: Got reported for playing the killer the way they didnt want me to

EDIT* Just to add some more salt to the conversation, this is what he had to say on my profile in response to me asking him why he was so angry and told me to kill myself

Comments

• Alucardd
    Alucardd Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2021

Been playing this game for almost a year now, Ive encountered some hella toxic people but none that is this self believing that they are so wholeheartedly believe they are in the right xD

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Reported for nothing? Hey, nice! I honestly kind of find it guiltily funny when that stuff happens. Personally, my favourite is I once got reported for using Padded Jaws on Trapper, it was the genuinely funniest moment in DbD. I was so shocked I lost my cool and started swearing and stuff in my explanation of what Padded Jaws even is and I felt kinda bad. They were actually a viewer playing with a streamer, too, and the streamer messaged me and we apologised to each other and chatted about the whole thing and now I have someone else to watch on Twitch :)

I'm sorry about the death threats though, that's never funny. You should absolutely report those comments and hopefully get such a miserable person banned so they can't harass anyone else.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Have you tried NOT being a hetero?

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Do you honestly believe they reported you? Do you honestly believe that BHVR will do anything about such a report?

It's just typical salty end game chat - which is why I have it disabled. Aside from the occasional "GG" end game chat is useless and one of the most toxic aspects of this game. You are letting these people live rent-free in your head.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Must have forgotten to read up on the latest chapter of the Survivor's rulebook for killers. It clearly says that if anyone disconnects you aren't allowed to kill and must parade yourself through the map for the enjoyment of the remaining Survivors. It's like you don't even care about their fun! /s

• aware157
    aware157 Member Posts: 3

Endgame chat? Can someone tell me about this?

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158

I mean the moment you use this ... XD ... In your conversation / argument, whatever u say is invalid.

the ^^ at end is quite cringe. Who even talks like that ?

Nothing to worry about, you good fam. There are some specimens in this game you would want to ignore. The guy has more issues than most of us combined.

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158

Only PC players can use endgame chat.

Console players can not relate.

Essentially it's a chat after the game ends where u can talk with your teammates & the killer. By talk I mean trash talk, threaten your opponent and insult them. Rarely a good talk or sportsmanship.

• Eve13
    Eve13 Member Posts: 375

I actually play on the PS4, but sometimes my wife gets killer tasks that she can't get done and then asks me if I'm doing them. 

And what then comes partly in the chat, is just wonderful. Ultimately, the Survivor wanted to report me for wallhack and cheating.

I used BBQ and on Piggy the reduced timer for the RBT, as well as the addon that you see the boxes only after activation. 

I am an evil cheater! 

• KasumiFox
    KasumiFox Member Posts: 117

I'm sorry you had to go through that. Death threats aren't cool.

My favorite is when I was playing against a team with three new survivors. Easy pickings. But I take it easy on them. I message them after, telling them they did a good job despite the ranking difference. One gets upset with me because I hooked him twice within a five minute time span (the average match last around 8ish minutes). His friend then messaged and apologized. It's funny how much more brutal survivors are than the killers.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Last night start a game with Myers (I suck with Myers) had a No-Mither king run straight to me and stand there. I stacked him to get out of tier 1 and then hooked him. Went to tier 3 not long after ( he was already rescued) I downed ace, downed meg, seen him just standing there again so downed him. I didn't want game to end that fast so hooked ace and others were reset. Played hair bow so still had a piece of tier 3 left and here's king again so I hooked him and he didn't struggle. I get a message but didn't check it in game. After the game I check it and my filter blocks it. I unblock it cause what would he have to say? He walked up to me, i even let them reset. I just want to let you know.... Your Gay as F88K and some more jibberish. I sent him a polite BANNED message back reported it. 30 seconds later xbox sends me a message letting me know they took action and the message and chat was gone. POOF!

• dummer33344
    dummer33344 Member Posts: 131

Eh, we sorta can, you'd be surprised how many people go out of their way to find someone one on the PlayStation or Xbox network, friend them, then use the ######### keyboard to tell us off, lol

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

tbf playing killer is a sin, you should be ashamed of yourself

/s

• syricause
    syricause Member Posts: 1

Don’t worry. You’ll be fine, the report system is broken. The dev won’t bother to take care of any reports

• shannonsully13
    shannonsully13 Member Posts: 1

I signed up for an account just to respond to this.

Ive never played killer (honestly just can’t figure it out well enough on switch) but I genuinely love playing survivor. Do I like going up against Nurse? Eh, I’d much rather see her then the doctor. But the absolute toxicity that survivors have been playing, like your experience, is absolute #########. The game isn’t for “farming points” do I enjoy my occasional “nice” killer, sure. But going up against a true killer is where the fun is. I’m sorry you dealt with ######### survivors. It makes us survivors wanting to actually play DBD mad too.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

true so let all quit!!!

wait how will survivors play?🧐

oh well not are problem

• Crimbojambo
    Crimbojambo Member Posts: 82

You did nothing thats deemable to a reportable offense. Frankly if they are too lazy to play the game to earn whatever it may be, they should find a new game to play. And the end bit is a reportable offense as well as a guranteed comm ban on most platforms. So you shouldn't let it gst to you.

• Just_Alex
    Just_Alex Member Posts: 57

Welcome to DbD, I guess?

Pre-rework Nurse (I haven't played for nearly 2 years at that point) on old Lery's.

They got mad and wrote some "not so nice" things and spammed my profile with hurtful stuff.

Had the time of my life.

Just make screenshots and keep them as trophies. :P

• JGone
    JGone Member Posts: 3

I feel that a big concern that needs to be adressed is how a game should play out if a survivor DCs. Cause the game is balanced for 4v1 from the beginning. If you begin the game at 3v1, the survivors are at a severe disadvantage, and I understand that the survivors in this game felt it hopeless and were hopping to farm points. I'm not saying that you should help everyone get bloodpoints, but BHVR should make it so that the whole game gets balanced around 3 survivors or something similar. DCs in team-based games always suck and there should be some solution for this so that the game can still be played without an unfair advantage to either side.

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589

You are not obligated to farm with the remaining 3. Nice for them if you do, but you don't have to.

Personally, I will if I feel like it, Or I smash 2 of them and let the last one have hatch..whatever.

If 2 DC really early, then i usually let the remaining 2 out. Again though, your not obligated to do that.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    edited March 2021

I only farm if I have a challenge/achievement I'm having a hard time beating or if two DC early game. Farming as survivor is fun occasionally but when I'm playing survivor I'd rather get out asap.