Is lagswitching common thing?

Options
On rank 1 most of the killers using lagswitch because we loop the killer and they say looping is an exploit so you deserve to lagswitch.What do you guys think should i do lagswitch too if i dont like the survivor play?

Comments

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Options

Lag-switching is literally cheating.
    Looping used to be an exploit but now it's a strategy, in fact it's the only way for a Survivor to actually survive if they're being chased, so as to waste the Killer's time enough for as many generators to be finished as possible.
    This game runs on Peer-To-Peer connections, which makes lag-switching possible - that doesn't mean that it's legal.
    If you encounter any other Killers who lag-switch, report them at the end of the game immediately. Try getting a recording software and recording every game you play just in case any of them could have a cheater because it's best to have the full trial recorded as proof. Then submit a ticket to BHVR Support.

• SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209
    edited November 2018
    Options

Lagswitching is totaly unfair and is now banneable. Looping is not an exploit. Looping is something you can do in real life so it means you can do it in DBD. People who are lagswitching are just pathetics bad persons who dont know play so they are ruining the game experience.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

well, i play survivor on rank 1-3, and i very rarly encounter lagproblems. but usually,i leave lobbys with a ping above 120ms.

Also, as the killer does the hosting, depending on his machine, lags might happen, especially in chases, where a lot of the game dynamics change. I was acused for lagswitching as a killer, and i know for sure i didn´t do it.
    So i give other killers the benefit of the doubt, too.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options
    Laggswitching I'd really rare and happened only twice to me in two years.
    Most survivors wilö blame for Laggswitchibv immediately when their sister opens her netflix stream for example :wink:
  • dope_danny
    dope_danny Member Posts: 6
    Options

I think its a thing that a certain kind of player defaults to. You saw the same thing in Dark Souls when its pvp was at its most popular. You get a guy invade you with some cheese build expecting an easy win but when they dont get that its lag switch time. Kind of defeats the point of playing in my opinion but there are people that dont understand that games are a 'win some, lose some' situation but some form of power fix where its not about the challenge and earning a win but just ruining others potential good time.
    The term used back then was 'cowarding out' and it seems to apply here. If i was a killer against some real ######### swf deal then ill just set up camp in the basement and then cheese the people coming to unhook them. Its being an ass in response to people being an ass but its still within the rules of the game and either side can 'win' such as it is. Lag switching is just essentially admitting you suck really.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406
    Options

For that reason, this game can not be taken seriously.
    There are people who have shared internet cause this
    or on purpose to rank up.
    Easy to cheat game.......this is so sad.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

@ConsoleNurse for every 1000 time someone cries "CHEATER", there's about 1 real cheater, the rest is just someone getting mad over losing. Understandable, but you should think carefully before you decide someone is cheating, especially if you don't have proof (e.g. footage).

• ConsoleNurse
    ConsoleNurse Member Posts: 170
    Options

@ConsoleNurse for every 1000 time someone cries "CHEATER", there's about 1 real cheater, the rest is just someone getting mad over losing. Understandable, but you should think carefully before you decide someone is cheating, especially if you don't have proof (e.g. footage).

I looped him 3 minutes, then my team did all gens.My character stopped and i was on the hook explain please
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

@ConsoleNurse said:
    George_Soros said:

I looped him 3 minutes, then my team did all gens.My character stopped and i was on the hook explain please

Oh not saying it's impossible, only that it's VERY rare, at least on PC. Not sure about console, but from what I hear both Xbox and PS have more problems than PC.

Good thing about cheaters that they get bored fast (at least I think they do). So even the few that don't get caught and banned is off the game pretty fast.

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    Options

@George_Soros said:

@ConsoleNurse said:
    George_Soros said:

Oh not saying it's impossible, only that it's VERY rare, at least on PC. Not sure about console, but from what I hear both Xbox and PS have more problems than PC.

Good thing about cheaters that they get bored fast (at least I think they do). So even the few that don't get caught and banned is off the game pretty fast.

ive seen maybe one trueblue lag switcher he was playing trapper and basically after 1 minute everyone was in a trap that had somehow materialized under them and then 30 seconds after that we were all in the second stage of a hook

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options
    I almost guarantee the majority of 'lag switchers." You hit are just people with bad Internet. It happens. The ping meter in the lobby isn't 100% accurate, and sometimes people's Internet just tends to take a dump. Other times it's a distance thing, I can't tell the number of people that have accused me of lagswitching while connecting from over 2,000 plus miles. Just hop into a new game.

In the case that you're 100% sure they ARE lagswitching, and you have proof, report them. If it is in fact lagswitching, they'll get a ban.
  • Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options

@George_Soros said:

@ConsoleNurse said:
    George_Soros said:

ive seen maybe one trueblue lag switcher he was playing trapper and basically after 1 minute everyone was in a trap that had somehow materialized under them and then 30 seconds after that we were all in the second stage of a hook

I had an experience with a lagswitching hag. You'd be a a generator at 40% and you'd just teleport to being on the first stage of the hook, withe no gen progress.
  • BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678
    Options

Being accused of lag switching is common for me. ######### Frontier WiFi.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

I always suggest educating yourself on what lag switching looks like. It takes about 5 minutes to make one with a simple google search. You can then go into KYF and see what it looks like from either side. Most people think any lag is lagswitching. This will allow you to differentiate.

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678
    Options

@Might_Oakk said:
    I always suggest educating yourself on what lag switching looks like. It takes about 5 minutes to make one with a simple google search. You can then go into KYF and see what it looks like from either side. Most people think any lag is lagswitching. This will allow you to differentiate.

If the lag starts when I'm about to hit you and you start teleporting away, I'm gonna assume you're lag switching. That's how I differentiate XD

• Sblitcher
    Sblitcher Member Posts: 35
    Options

@BigBadPiggy said:
    Being accused of lag switching is common for me.

Same to me but somehow the ping raises on its own and Idk if frontier wi-fi it's the cause.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    Options

@Peanits said:
    Lagswitching is not that common. Some people will call any lag lagswitching, which is not true.

You should not lagswitch though as it is bannable and many people have been banned for it already.

It's just odd that every time someone with green ping in the lobby starts to have you yo-yoing they land a hit on a survivor right after......odd..... and then there's no lag until it happens again.

• purebalance
    Options

@BigBadPiggy said:

@Might_Oakk said:

If the lag starts when I'm about to hit you and you start teleporting away, I'm gonna assume you're lag switching. That's how I differentiate XD

Survivors cannot lag switch. You can speed hack on PC, but lag switching as a survivor would make them bump into walls etc if it's even possible to do that.

A killer is unaffected by the lag hence if they make their ping go up everyone else freezes.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

@purebalance said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@Might_Oakk said:

Survivors cannot lag switch. You can speed hack on PC, but lag switching as a survivor would make them bump into walls etc if it's even possible to do that.

A killer is unaffected by the lag hence if they make their ping go up everyone else freezes.

You can do it just fine. Regularly do kyf with everyone lagswitching for fun...

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,531
    Options

Most of the killers are not using "lag switching". This is just an excuse for something survivors think shouldn't have landed or just normal lag which is avoidable by looking at the connection in lobby. I've only seen a real lag switcher maybe once or twice ever in the last almost 3 years.

• Clauds
    Clauds Member Posts: 53
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Lag Switching is a hack that can get you banned. Pallet Looping is a stragedy.
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

In my experience lag switching happens once in a blue moon. I have owned and played DBD for over a year now and can count on one hand how many times i have without a doubt experienced actual lag switching. It is never acceptable however regardless of the circumstances. It is cheating and anyone that does it deserves to be swiftly and permanently removed from this game.

• purebalance
    Options

@Might_Oakk said:

@purebalance said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@Might_Oakk said:

You can do it just fine. Regularly do kyf with everyone lagswitching for fun...

The server is based on the killer. His/her lag is your lag. The only thing a survivor can do is speed hack and only on pc. You do not lagswitch. You speedhack..

• purebalance
    Options

@Clauds said:

Lagswitching is not a hack. All you need to do is flood your system with a download and poof lag. Hence the "switch" part. You switch it on and off. Technically speedhacking is not a hack, but requires a little tweaking to do.

• Clauds
    Clauds Member Posts: 53
    edited November 2018
    Options

@Clauds said:

Lagswitching is not a hack. All you need to do is flood your system with a download and poof lag. Hence the "switch" part. You switch it on and off. Technically speedhacking is not a hack, but requires a little tweaking to do.

Ah, I see. But still, isn’t very fair for other players. Still bannable too.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

I've posted a few videos on ehre of what true lag switching looks like both the toggled ones and the out and out blatant ones . Most of the time the occasional hiccup is just bad internet or a packet loss among the isp's. The lag switchers that do it are generally pretty obvious about it.