Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do people not fear Corrupt Purge anymore?

Recently, I have been getting dailys for plague, so I have played her more than I usually do, which is almost never cause I am on console and her power always seems to make contact, even with noises fron survivors, without actually hitting. While playing her, I noticed survivors would get sick and i would try to spread the sickness, but they would immediately go cleanse giving me easier access to corrupt purge, but also denying me instant downs.

I am at red ranks, but since i rarely play/see her I was wondering if this is the new meta against plague, as compared to the old never cleanse until endgame strat. Honestly, I do believe this constantly healing strategy is more effective, at least against me cause I am not the best with her power. For anyone who actually plays her I would appreciate your opinion/thoughts on the matter.

Also if this is the new meta against her, doesn't that suggest her vile purge or corrupt purge needs some kind of buff?

Comments

• JasonIsADove
    JasonIsADove Member Posts: 45

I think it moreso has to do with the fact that Plague is one of the less commonly played killers, and a lot of players have either not learned how to play against her or forgotten altogether, especially with the buff she got a while back that gave her 1 corrupt pool by default. I would say not cleansing against her is still a viable method, as once she uses her 1 default pool (or maybe 2 or 3 depending on her addons), she's basically an M1 killer.

(I don't play plague personally, this is just my take on it. Any vommy mommy mains are welcome to correct me :) )

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

As a plague main they often don't. Her CP is very strong i constantly end games just from a single snowball spree with it but when against a plague that is running perks that hurt you if you stay broken you have to weigh your options.

For example i run Ruin, pop, infectious fright, and blood echo. Tell me should you cleanse or would you stay broken? I am very good at this game so being a m1 killer that basically has good tracking and an instant down without the worry of exhaustion perks is pretty decent but so is having a very strong ranged ability.

Against a good plague there isn't a right choice but what's worse than that is if you're team can't come to an agreement to either commit to cleansing or staying broken as plague is at her strongest when both are being done as it tremendously increases her snowball potential.

Still i would advise not cleansing as even tho a good plague is running a build expecting you to do that giving her CP isn't a good option when a good plague can end chases in under 10 seconds with it.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I run Blood echo and thana on my plague so survivors are usually more comfortable cleansing which is great.

Ever since they added her base kit fountain people are more inclined to cleanse

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

As @AChaoticKiller says, it's something that you really have to weigh up as a survivor, also as there's one corrupt pool at the start of the match anyway now, it can be worth cleansing the sickness away. But yes, it has to be done by the whole team - so if one cleanses, you pretty much need to cleanse.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

Depends on the map honestly.

Large maps with spread out fountains are pretty safe for cleansing as Plague has to waste time walking up to a fountain to get her Corrupt while you can be on the otherside of the map. She also has a charge up time plus slowdown and she can't hit through walls so a some tiles can be hard for her to even get corrupted hits if she keeps trying to charge it up similar to Huntress trying to wind up her hatchet at a rock tile.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

When I play with randoms and the killer is plague. I'm usually the only one who is not cleansing. I think the majority of survivors just don't know it's better to stay sick then give her a ranged attack.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Well, most new players don't know to never cleanse against a plague. Even then, the really good ones will always be spread out to heavily limit your snowball potential.

The thing is that plague isn't played that often either. She's sometimes just plain unfun to play, because it's really hard to efficiently manage her corrupt purges and sickness. There's often a lot of inefficiencies in her basekit that make it feel like things have "gone to waste."

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

I play plague since release. Not often but i played atleast 80 matches. On ps4 i had almost never the problem that survivor wouldnt cleanse, even when i dropped thana.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited March 2021

Its actually still all about denying CP. Before her free pool buff, the best way to never see CP was to never cleanse. After her free pool buff, one CP vs 4 broken Survivors will probably result in Plague starting a massive snowball if not outright winning the game. Now going for cleansing all fountains to remove all of them is... in some ways better.

At the very least, doing that will keep CP from being as scary.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

If she was played allot then survivors would learn to hide during corrupt and just flat out deny her power while staying healthy.