How do people from different countries play

Options
The more I play the more I notice marked differences between people's playstyle and chat behaviour. Granted, there are always exceptions, but as far as I experienced so far, there are traits very typical of any given country. Like, Russians tend to play provocatively, flashlight baiting and teabagging, also they often try to drive you mad in aftergame chat ("ez" and the like). On the other hand, they don't seem to get extremely salty after a defeat, usually just say gg and leave.
East Europeans, like Polish, Hungarians (like myself), Romanians seem to be the most immature: get extremely butthurt after a loss, accusations of cheating or made up terms for what they deem unsportsmanlike play ("tunneling", exploiting infinites, etc) are abundant.
And then there's Germans: I can't be 100% sure, but I think I have yet to see a single German player throwing insults at me or unwilling to take it easy when a game turns out to be catastrophic for them. "Gg"-s and "wp"-s are the norm, regardless of the outcome of the match; also, they are the ones most likely to have a friendly conversation with you after game, joke about a bit and so on.

I wonder if others have different experiences, or input about other nations. Like I said, there are always exceptions, but not that many.

Comments

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    Options

@George_Soros said:
    The more I play the more I notice marked differences between people's playstyle and chat behaviour. Granted, there are always exceptions, but as far as I experienced so far, there are traits very typical of any given country. Like, Russians tend to play provocatively, flashlight baiting and teabagging, also they often try to drive you mad in aftergame chat ("ez" and the like). On the other hand, they don't seem to get extremely salty after a defeat, usually just say gg and leave.
    East Europeans, like Polish, Hungarians (like myself), Romanians seem to be the most immature: get extremely butthurt after a loss, accusations of cheating or made up terms for what they deem unsportsmanlike play ("tunneling", exploiting infinites, etc) are abundant.
    And then there's Germans: I can't be 100% sure, but I think I have yet to see a single German player throwing insults at me or unwilling to take it easy when a game turns out to be catastrophic for them. "Gg"-s and "wp"-s are the norm, regardless of the outcome of the match; also, they are the ones most likely to have a friendly conversation with you after game, joke about a bit and so on.

I wonder if others have different experiences, or input about other nations. Like I said, there are always exceptions, but not that many.

america is a mix of all those you get the rare nice ones and the spastic childish ones as well as the curt and repectful ones

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    All italian killers camp and tunnel really hard.
  • NoOne
    NoOne Member Posts: 42
    Options
    That's interesting. Im german and i dislike playing with or against other germans, bcs of their playstyle. I see them insulting alot too.
    But glad you experienced it different! :)
  • Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Options
    Everyone I play against feels like they're from the Dead Sea. Now if you ask why? The reason is obvious. The salt content is TOO HIGH.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    NoOne said:
    That's interesting. Im german and i dislike playing with or against other germans, bcs of their playstyle. I see them insulting alot too.
    @NoOne
    I think germans are cool, can't remember any bad experience with them.
  • NoOne
    NoOne Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    NoOne said:
    @NoOne
    I think germans are cool, can't remember any bad experience with them.
    That's great! Ofc i don't know every german on the game, so it might be just in my case. Happens alot when i play killer during afternoon. Not so much while playing surv.