Why do survivors all want a slap on the butt on the way out of the match?

serabeth90
serabeth90 Member Posts: 100
edited November 2018 in General Discussions

Bad killer here that rarely gets any hooks, let alone kills (yet somehow I am rank 3-4 with this excellent system they have). Why do the survivors wait and wait and wait for me at the exit gates just so I can hit them on the way out? They will wait very long periods of time sometimes....I'll chase 2 people out of 1 exit gate and know the other is already open and wait for the match to end, maybe get up, stretch, get a drink, start cooking dinner, and I look and the match still has not ended. So I sit back down, walk to the other exit gate, give the two their obligatory spank on the butt, and then the match finally ends as they run out.

I'm not even talking about the survivors that will still try to hide within the match until I find them, as I consider those survivors to be holding the game hostage. Just that it is so common to meet in the exit gate and give everyone a slap on their way out, which seems bizarre to me. In fact, I've found myself doing it sometimes too, when I play survivor :ohnoes:!

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Sometimes if I feel bad for a killer, I will let them hit me. And if they've tunneled me all game and not even managed to touch me once, I'll let them hook me.

• Poweas

Normally I just go tho.

• serabeth90
    serabeth90 Member Posts: 100

@Poweas said:
    Sometimes if I feel bad for a killer, I will let them hit me. And if they've tunneled me all game and not even managed to touch me once, I'll let them hook me.

Wait, you mean those occasional hooks I get from survivors in the exit gates are not because they miscalculated but in fact because I've managed to make them feel that badly because I haven't gotten a single hook all game :cry:?

• Poweas

@serabeth90 said:

@Poweas said:

Wait, you mean those occasional hooks I get from survivors in the exit gates are not because they miscalculated but in fact because I've managed to make them feel that badly because I haven't gotten a single hook all game :cry:?

No I legit walk to a hook and point at it so the killer can kill me

• Raquiem
    Raquiem Member Posts: 10

I like my ass to be slapped, don't shame my kink pls. Kappa

• MartiH
    MartiH Member Posts: 34
    In my personal experience, I get slapped at the exit gates because I want to help the killer by giving them more points, and I get to escape, so we both gain something. :smile:
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@serabeth90 said:

@Poweas said:

Nah they always miscalculated. I have only encountered 2 survivors that felt and let me hook them

• Sadposting_Ruby
    Sadposting_Ruby Member Posts: 2

@MartiH said:
    In my personal experience, I get slapped at the exit gates because I want to help the killer by giving them more points, and I get to escape, so we both gain something. :smile:

But that won't change anything for them...

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    It's some weird tradition they cling to that they demand a the chase out regardless of how the match went.

I experimented during the Halloween event, from being nice to, well, not, using a variety of play styles.
    There's little that will dissuade them from camping, in borderline absolute safety, until they get chased out.

Some say they want points and to give points (any killers feel its substantial vs time spent?), some want points because they run before getting hit, some are trying to say "GG", some are trying to taunt. 
    The most common reason is altruism, but we aren't talking about waiting to see if everyone makes it out because everyone is already in the gate room.

As a Survivor, I like thanking the killer by leaving asap, outside of altruism moves (towards survivors, or killers, depending), and treating the event like I'm running for my life.
    Kinda breaks immersion to stay behind and taunt in near absolute safety. 
  • MartiH
    MartiH Member Posts: 34

@MartiH said:

But that won't change anything for them...

Well, more points are always good, aren't they? Who knows, maybe with those extra points they can reach a pip. If I was good enough as a survivor to be able to escape, I don't know what else I could do other than giving the killer some good brutality points. Would you complain if a survivor lets you get 500 points for free?
  • Clauds
    Clauds Member Posts: 53
    Well, depends. They could stay so you could get the extra blood points or to be beyond a jerk and just taunt you.
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Some give me a few points but mostly it's forcing you to waste time to make them leave or being toxic
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Gives the killer extra points. Sometimes I’ll do it on my way out if I see he is still chasing me unless it is a Myers because with my luck I’ll get Tombstoned.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@MegMain98 said:
    Gives the killer extra points. Sometimes I’ll do it on my way out if I see he is still chasing me unless it is a Myers because with my luck I’ll get Tombstoned.

If you think he is using tombstone just keep an eye out for how often he stalks in tier 2 and if his hand is opened or closed when in tier 3.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Personally I do it for points, but most of the time it's to buy time for the others in case it's needed.