Anything special for Thanksgiving?

SnakeSound222
SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
edited November 2018 in General Discussions

With Thanksgiving coming up in about two weeks, many games will be starting their special events for the holiday. I was wondering if DbD would also be doing something for Thanksgiving. I'm not expecting anything to happen because The Hallowed Blight just finished last week and the Bloodrush event is currently active, so doing a third event so soon might be too much, but I just thought I'd ask.

Comments

• Arsoul
    Arsoul Member Posts: 320

Name them

• Arsoul

Why not this day as an event
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Talk_Like_a_Pirate_Day

ARRR Pirate Dwight

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589

@Arsoul said:
    Only America has thanksgiving, not the rest of the world.

I think we do need to be careful about what holidays are American and which are not, as a lot of games and maintenance times etc only seem to take the USA into account. (World of Warcraft, I'm looking at you here!)

But im pretty sure we can find common ground if we try. Then again, I just like having ingame events for more items and bloodpoints!

Maybe we need to look into dates relating to the killers? The day Freddy returned to Elm St, Myers is already kind of covered by Halloween. When did Vigo enter the fog? Maybe a Greeting of the Fog week.

What about a New Zealand public holiday? Waitangi Day for example. Search for NZ Maori clothing, maybe Dwight can run around in a grass skirt 8-)

Summer / Winter Soltice?

If there are going to be country holiday events and it causes drama, why not make DBD events that occur each year.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

We just had Hallowed blight and bloodrush is still going

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

People are mad about more opportunities to earn blood points?

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited November 2018

We just had Hallowed blight and bloodrush is still going

That’s why I’m not expecting a Thanksgiving event. I just thought I’d ask just in case there is one. 

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

With how tightly their roadmap is, Events are immensely stressful times for the devs.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@powerbats said:

@Arsoul said:
    Name them

Canada
    China
    Germany
    Grenada
    Japan
    Norfolk Island
    South Korea
    Liberia
    Vietnam

Germany doesnt celebrate thanksgiving, cant talk about others

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

With Thanksgiving coming up in about two weeks, many games will be starting their special events for the holiday. I was wondering if DbD would also be doing something for Thanksgiving. I'm not expecting anything to happen because The Hallowed Blight just finished last week and the Bloodrush event is currently active, so doing a third event so soon might be too much, but I just thought I'd ask.

Not to say I think it’s a bad idea... but, Canada has already had Thanksgiving. Right?
  • Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254

A ruthless killer like the world had never seen....

• BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    They only did the blood rush because Last Year came out and they got scared that their bad game is gonna lose players. 
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

It would be cool if we had a Thanksgiving rush where we get a x1.5 bloodpoint multiplier.
  • Arsoul

@Attackfrog said:
    The whole world should celebrate American Thanksgiving.

It was the dawn of civilization. But most importantly....it began the road to hot dogs and fortune cookies.

You're welcome, world.

Typical Americans, think they invented EVERYTHING and only their holidays etc matter. Its rather pathetic actually

• Clauds
    Clauds Member Posts: 53
    edited November 2018
    Honestly, I hope so. I wanna see Claudette in a turkey sweater.
    Woah, why so many controversys in this post? Not everyone celebrates thanksgiving, we get it but geez they were just asking an event question *_*
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    They only did the blood rush because Last Year came out and they got scared that their bad game is gonna lose players. 
    So why are you here? You seem angry towards the game/devs,  and are seemingly expecting people to leave the game you consider bad, so why even post on the forums? 
  • Arsoul

@Attackfrog said:
    Arsoul said:

@Attackfrog said:

It was the dawn of civilization. But most importantly....it began the road to hot dogs and fortune cookies.

You're welcome, world.

Typical Americans, think they invented EVERYTHING and only their holidays etc matter. Its rather pathetic actually

Well, we did invent KFC and McDonalds....so once again, you're welcome.

Also, America wasn't even invented when "original sin" took place, creating all the bad in the world....so we pretty much aren't to blame for that.

So eat some turkey (or KFC...or taco bell...or a hot pocket) for me and give thanks that America probably invented your favorite food.

Really, fast food joints is your big invention for the world!
    Grow up

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    edited November 2018
    Arsoul said:

@Attackfrog said:
    Arsoul said:

@Attackfrog said:

You're welcome, world.

Well, we did invent KFC and McDonalds....so once again, you're welcome.

Also, America wasn't even invented when "original sin" took place, creating all the bad in the world....so we pretty much aren't to blame for that.

So eat some turkey (or KFC...or taco bell...or a hot pocket) for me and give thanks that America probably invented your favorite food.

Really, fast food joints is your big invention for the world!
    Grow up

Lol "grow up"...sounds like you need to take a step back and realize what makes the world go round.

Not only did we invent fast food, we invented obesity and most of the diseases that go with it (these are multi-billion dollar markets). Do you have any idea how many jobs we created that contribute to and work to combat the negative effects of obesity? Without fast food, cheetos, cigarette s and other life threatening consumables....do you have any idea how many people would be out of work?

And if American companies didn't exploit cheaper labor forces in other countries, do you have any idea how many MORE folks would be out of work? No, you probably don't because you were fed the facts that your elementary school teacher gave you. It's ok, you just didn't know any better.

Next time you want to BLAME America for the world's problems, try to "grow up" and realize that is it precisely BECAUSE of those problems that your parents probably have a job and can afford to have you live in their basement.

Keep recycling though....It's "saving the planet". Lol!
    Post edited by Attackfrog on
  • Attackfrog
    Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Arsoul said:
    Name them

Canada
    China
    Germany
    Grenada
    Japan
    Norfolk Island
    South Korea
    Liberia
    Vietnam

Germany doesnt celebrate thanksgiving, cant talk about others

They should! Isn't thanksgiving the day America saved them from the vampire, hitler?

Or was that Cinco De Mayo? ...no, that was the day America saved Mexico from the Spaniards....

I get all the holidays mixed up....I think thanksgiving was the day the pilgrims finally fought off the evil native Americans from trying to steal our land from us?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    powerbats said:

@Arsoul said:
    But only the USA go it on your date, your cutting off these countries for your own date. If an OCT celebration was to happen, what was wrong with Canada's in early Oct?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving

Observed by Countries
    Canada
    Grenada
    Liberia
    Saint Lucia
    United States

Germany & Japan have SIMILARLY named holidays....So...Not thankgiving in that sense.
    Norfolk island is an Australian territory, not a country so you cant play that one sorry

Nitpicking won't get you anywhere, those countries are commonly accepted as having a holiday around Thanksgiving.

Just because you don't want an event around Thanksgiving becue Americans and other countries do in fact celebrate it. You can argue semantics all you want but you got answers that you didn't like even if only part of that list is accurate.

But germans don't celebrate Thanksgiving. 
    No slaughter of big ugly birds.
  • Attackfrog
    Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@Arsoul said:
    But only the USA go it on your date, your cutting off these countries for your own date. If an OCT celebration was to happen, what was wrong with Canada's in early Oct?

Observed by Countries
    Canada
    Grenada
    Liberia
    Saint Lucia
    United States

Germany & Japan have SIMILARLY named holidays....So...Not thankgiving in that sense.
    Norfolk island is an Australian territory, not a country so you cant play that one sorry

Nitpicking won't get you anywhere, those countries are commonly accepted as having a holiday around Thanksgiving.

Just because you don't want an event around Thanksgiving becue Americans and other countries do in fact celebrate it. You can argue semantics all you want but you got answers that you didn't like even if only part of that list is accurate.

The Australians are the worst. If I am correct, I do believe they eat ostriches for their thanksgiving. The ostrich is both the national bird AND the national food of Australia.

And you can trust me, because this is the internet.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@Arsoul said:

Observed by Countries
    Canada
    Grenada
    Liberia
    Saint Lucia
    United States

The Australians are the worst. If I am correct, I do believe they eat ostriches for their thanksgiving. The ostrich is both the national bird AND the national food of Australia.

Australians lost a war to big ugly birds. 
  • Attackfrog
    Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@Arsoul said:

Observed by Countries
    Canada
    Grenada
    Liberia
    Saint Lucia
    United States

Australians lost a war to big ugly birds. 
    Oh that's what happened! That makes sense. And now they eat ostriches to celebrate.

Now, I do believe they will eat kangaroos for Easter (since kangaroos are simply Australian rabbits, no?).

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do know science and history quite good.

And English, cleerly.
  • Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    edited November 2018

@Attackfrog said:

Oh that's what happened! That makes sense. And now they eat ostriches to celebrate.

Now, I do believe they will eat kangaroos for Easter (since kangaroos are simply Australian rabbits, no?).

And English, cleerly.

World's History is really amazing, the same thing hapened in Japan, a long time ago :

• Utna
    Utna Member Posts: 186
    edited November 2018

As others pointed out, I'm pretty sure germans don't celebrate Thanksgiving ; and big shocker ... neither do the frenchs. In fact I believe that people celebrating Thanksgiving anywhere in Europe are either american imigrants, or bored people who have nothing better to do than having a party on a special day, just because they saw it on television.

As for why some of us non-American might feel offended about people asking for a thanksgiving event ... Probably because we know that BHRV isn't a US company (they're obviously Canadian) and the OP felt they might choose (of all holydays in the world) the american one.

Chinese New year event is different, because despite how we (occidental people) call it, it is not tied to the people's republic of China, but this is the regular new year day in most Asian countries (billions of people). Oh and this holyday have most certainly been celebrated for a few thousand years ... what about Thanksgiving ?

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Didnt see a bunch of Americans storming the forums screaming about the Chinese New Year event a while back... but ok... I forgot other countries just love to bash America for the hell of it cause we’re “Selfish Mericans”. 

Regardless of why there is an event, and what holiday it’s centered around, why can’t we all just enjoy any event? Extra BP, some cosmetics, good times all around.
  • Utna

@SovererignKing said:
    Didnt see a bunch of Americans storming the forums screaming about the Chinese New Year event a while back... but ok... I forgot other countries just love to bash America for the hell of it cause we’re “Selfish Mericans”. 

Regardless of why there is an event, and what holiday it’s centered around, why can’t we all just enjoy any event? Extra BP, some cosmetics, good times all around.

Any event sounds good to me, but why would "ANY event" should be american ... See my point ?

And please let's not pretend we can compare Thanksgiving to the Chinese new year celebration ... The later is more like Christmass in terms of number of people celebrating it, and in thousand of years of tradition (was a pagan holydays at first) ... though Christmass can take many different form in various countries (St Nichola's day, Reyes Magos, ..., etc.)

Anyway ... DBD's Christmass event exists, and Chinese's new year celebration too, and that's alright because none of those holidays are tied to only ONE country ... these are cultural cornerstones in either occidental or oriental cultures ... sorry for the shocker dude, but Thanksgiving is NOT, because this is about of a piece of the US history.

Also the problem isn't to celebrate Thanksgiving in DBD once in a while ... because yeah it could be fun sometimes, why not ? The problem is people assuming there should be a Thanksgiving event, while at the same time they never thought about celebrate Bastille's day or any other country related celebration.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Utna said:

@SovererignKing said:

Any event sounds good to me, but why would "ANY event" should be american ... See my point ?

And please let's not pretend we can compare Thanksgiving to the Chinese new year celebration ... The later is more like Christmass in terms of number of people celebrating it, and in thousand of years of tradition (was a pagan holydays at first) ... though Christmass can take many different form in various countries (St Nichola's day, Reyes Magos, ..., etc.)

Anyway ... DBD's Christmass event exists, and Chinese's new year celebration too, and that's alright because none of those holidays are tied to only ONE country ... these are cultural cornerstones in either occidental or oriental cultures ... sorry for the shocker dude, but Thanksgiving is NOT, because this is about of a piece of the US history.

Also the problem isn't to celebrate Thanksgiving in DBD once in a while ... because yeah it could be fun sometimes, why not ? The problem is people assuming there should be a Thanksgiving event, while at the same time they never thought about celebrate Bastille's day or any other country related celebration.

Nobody gives a crap who’s country the event is tied to. Number of people celebrating means jack all too. Who started the holiday, who gives a crap? 

The OP didn’t event mention nationality, some other jack wagon ran in here and started the “Why an AMERICAN holiday?!” crap starting a “Let bash America!” Fiesta. I couldn’t give two shits if it was some obscure holiday in tiny country of Africa that has a population of less than 1,000. 

Who cares what holiday, why, who’s, how many people celebrate it? Why don’t you ask for an event to celebrate Bastille’s Day? I’d be behind it, even if I don’t celebrate or even know what the hell Bastille’s Day is. The OP and us Americans aren’t expecting or assuming there SHOULD BE a Thanksgiving event for the holiday, we just think it would be nice if they would. Even those who don’t celebrate could join in and net some sweet extra BP, cosmetics, whatever they want to make it into. 

Americans aren’t waving some “Our holidays are more important than anyone else’s, so there should be an event to celebrate OUR holiday” banner. We’re just fishing for some extra BP, cosmetics, and crap that EVERYONE can enjoy as well. 

Think of of it more along the lines of us Americans saying “Hey, we’re having a celebration for our country! You don’t have to celebrate the actual holiday, but please do enjoy yourself at the party with us!” 
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531
    Thanksgiving was last month, silly. This is a Canadian company.

Real talk though, not confirming or denying anything, but historically there has not been a thankgiving event/update.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Arsoul said:
    Only America has thanksgiving, not the rest of the world.

Canada has a turkey day too but ours is a different time/day from America.

• Attackfrog
    Giche said:

@Attackfrog said:

And English, cleerly.

World's History is really amazing, the same thing hapened in Japan, a long time ago :

Finally someone who actually knows history!!!
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@Jed said:
    A ruthless killer like the world had never seen....

NO, the puns in that movie are so bad kruger wishes he didn't hear them

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@powerbats said:

@Arsoul said:
    Name them

Canada
    China
    Germany
    Grenada
    Japan
    Norfolk Island
    South Korea
    Liberia
    Vietnam

if i might interferre at this point:
    i am from germany and we do not celebrate thanksgiving...
    i mean... this is an american thing, this happened in the american history, why would germany celebrate it?

• alivebydeadight

@Mister_xD said:

@powerbats said:

@Arsoul said:
    Name them

Canada
    China
    Germany
    Grenada
    Japan
    Norfolk Island
    South Korea
    Liberia
    Vietnam

i mean... this is an american thing, this happened in the american history, why would germany celebrate it?

food thats why

• alivebydeadight

@Giche said:

@Attackfrog said:

And English, cleerly.

this is real history, our people know this very well

• Utna
    edited November 2018

@powerbats said:

@Arsoul said:
    Name them

Canada
    China
    Germany
    Grenada
    Japan
    Norfolk Island
    South Korea
    Liberia
    Vietnam

Most of those countries have US military bases ... that's why I presume. So of course, American people living there can still celebrate this holyday. The fact that some of them believe we (we as in the majority of non-american living in these countries) actually celebrate it, is beyond me.

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    powerbats said:

@Arsoul said:
    Name them

Canada
    China
    Germany
    Grenada
    Japan
    Norfolk Island
    South Korea
    Liberia
    Vietnam

Burnt biscuits 
  • Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    They could have done alot with Thanksgiving, I hate that everyone is bashing it cause it's a American holiday. It's something we celebrated every year since the day we were born. And the history of it is very interesting if you actually read about it and research it. But I'm sure alot of other countries dont teach American history cause we've always whipped everyone's ass that ######### with us, it would have added some different culture for everyone of the community to enjoy and experience along with all the normal event stuff. And like the last event was more killer sided on the cosmetics this would have been more survivor sided. A pilgrim outfit for David, a American Indian setup for Jake, with the feathers in the headdress and all, and maybe a pocahontas type outfit would be cool for meg. Turkeys on the main screen with tables set up with hot bowls of food. I wonder how many of the survivors and killers have American backgrounds? If someone has that answer that would be cool, and let stop discriminating against one another, peace love and happiness my dudes!!!
This discussion has been closed.