Strongest to Weakest maps for Killer

Options
Edilibs
Edilibs Member Posts: 699
edited November 2018 in General Discussions

I understand map difficulty varies for every killer and one map that a killer is bad on may not be a bad (or bad at all) one for another. Killers share difficulty of maps for the most part so i am saying "overall"
IMO
Very Strong: Gideon Meat Plant
Strong: Autohaven Wreckers, The MacMillian Estate
Balance (For Survivor and Killer) Red Forest, Lery's Memorial Institute, Coal Tower
Weak (or Hard): Cold Wind Farm, Springwood, Backwater Swamp, The Asylum, Yokahoma Estate
Horrible (or very very difficult): Haddonfield

What do you feel are the maps that are in Survivors favor or against them and to what degree?

Post edited by Edilibs on

Comments

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Most maps are survivorfavored, especially coldwind farm, but to pick a few:
    Strongest: Coal Tower
    Weakest: Fractured Cowshed, Haddonfield, Springwood, Asylum

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,458
    Options

Hard to say as it depends a lot on which killer you're using.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options
    I personally have a way harder time in Blood Lodge and Coldwind Farm maps (except for Thompson House) than Haddonfield.
  • Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111
    Options

I can't stand the swamp and the corn maps.

• MartiH
    MartiH Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Let's not forget Yamaoka Estate: I'd say it's hard for killers but strong for survivors (because of the bamboo and the house loop).
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Is any killer strong in Haddonfield?

For example, Doc is strong in Lerys or meat plant, but LF sucks there.

Is Haddonfield a good map for ANY killer???
  • Edilibs
    Options

@Attackfrog said:
    Is any killer strong in Haddonfield?

For example, Doc is strong in Lerys or meat plant, but LF sucks there.

Is Haddonfield a good map for ANY killer???

No. The Killer that does the best on that map however maybe Nurse or Clown imo

• Edilibs
    Options

@MartiH said:
    Let's not forget Yamaoka Estate: I'd say it's hard for killers but strong for survivors (because of the bamboo and the house loop).

Added and agreed

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    People really think Springwood is bad? Before the latest patch I would have agreed as the palletd in and around the school were ridiculous. Now it's not so bad.

I think its ok as killer because it's small and the gens are close together. Plus you normally get 3 gens around the school which hurts survivors.

Worst is Family Residence. If you get a P3 Squadette on that map and you aren't playing Doctor it's GG.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

It depends on which Killer you're playing as.

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570
    edited November 2018
    Options

It varies on the killer you're playing.
    For example: Doc is good on Springwood, The Game and Lery's. But struggles on the swamp.
    Trapper is viable on maps that have tall grass, but useless on concrete maps like Lery's and The Game.
    Billy and Huntress are good on open and semi-open maps, but really weak to useless on closed maps.

• Edilibs
    Options

Whats your opinions on the new map for Killer? They have removed this snow map and are working on fixing it as crashes almost constantly but I have had maybe two games played all the way through. My initial impression is that it is pretty balanced and neither killer nor survivor favored.
    Its daytime and its easy to see Survivors on this map. There's some new loops and the inside of the storage place has good hiding and stealthing spots.

Now Cold Wind Farm THAT is a hard map for Killer. Like...its pretty difficult. That cornfield....Then again all cornfield maps for us Killer mains are really tough. When i play Survivor on these maps i feel like i have a distinct advantage