The Trickster makes me want to DC every game

Drop 1 semi safe pallet and since you are faster than him you can break chase instantly and make all of your laceration. Why does he move slower than nurse while throwing knives. I feel every time I use his power survivors gain distance on me.

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

About to say, why are you giving up an easy pip, but you are the one playing killer.

So.....

😐

I'll just be on my way.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

ye4ah I got his adept and havent played a single game of him since.

• Friendly_Blendette

TBH as a survivor he is kinda aids to paly against. He is absolutely ######### but he has 0 counterplay

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

How is he ######### then? The counter play seems to be hold W and run around objects and buildings.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

i'm not saying he's good or bad... i haven't tried him :) i dunno i'm more of a challenge me type of person hehehe

• Friendly_Blendette

he is ######### cause his power is barely useful. Old legion wasnt that strong but still was 0 counterplay and a pain in the ass to go against.

• Somna
    Somna Member Posts: 130

I saw (through the UI markers) a Trickster down survivors just with knives quickly and consistently enough in one game to feel like he has a high skill ceiling. I think it was in Autohaven? (Note: we absolutely did not survive that game.) Getting caught with no cover against him is pretty much a death sentence when dealing with someone who is good at aiming with him.

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312

Playing against Trickster has been proven to cure insomnia

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

Same. Actually started playing killer because he looked fun. And he is.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

I thought the mentality that survivors want weak killers for easy games died out years ago.

• _HN_
    _HN_ Member Posts: 385

NGL, he made me DC once already because of how frustrating he was (and also because I had a very strong suspicion that I was facing cheaters that were in constant sprint burst).

The pallets are the worst with him, which sounds very counterintuitive since he is...yaknow, a ranged killer, until you realize that the time it takes him to get into the throw stance coupled with the very slow throwing speed that needs some windup to go reasonably fast means that you can at the very best get 1 or 2 daggers on each palettes, at the price of giving to the survivor so much time that you've basically reset the chase... a chase you'll have to restart with a 110% speed.

Its all around awful. I usually try to grind new killers even if they are buggy or bad, like the twins at release, but this is just way, WAY too frustrating and bad for me to want to continue.

• But it's still something we see regularly. Heck people want Bubba nerfed now

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
  • Freki

the mentality of nerf killers is the same as the mentality of nerf the survivors... it's been a staple of this community. unfortunatly there are people on both sides. i just wish that we could all get past that. but i get it some just don't want the challenge.

I won't say you are wrong because 1) I haven't played him and 2) your thoughts seem to be on point as well, only thing I will say is 110% is the same speed that huntress is, so he's not that much slower though his throwing issues may make it seem that way. we shall see.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited March 2021

I don't like Trickster. I didn't find him as problematic as everyone else because I play Spooky Myers in better than 90% of my games. A slow 105% Killer is my jam. By comparison, Trickster seems quite speedy. I just find him BORING. I found there is one effective way to play with him, and yes I submit there is an effective way to play with him (or at least it was for me). He is just entirely ONE NOTE. So, after the PTB I didn't have much interest in playing him, but I do want his perks. I used some Auric Cells I had built up and purchased him. I've been playing Survivors and Killers I enjoy and grinding that Rift, while pouring every BP they make into the Trickster. I'll probably have all three of his Perks unlocked by the end of the day, depending on how many real world things to do.

I'm looking forward to the Trapper with:

Agitation, Iron Grasp, and perhaps even Mad Grit. If I go with Mad Grit the fourth Perk will probably be Corrupt Intervention or an info Perk. If I don't go with Mad Grit, I'll probably have an Info Perk and Corrupt. :)

My point being that picking someone up and running around Insta-Downing people is nice, and has synergy with the Trapper also getting people in the basement. It also works with things like Monitor & Abuse and/or other Perks which increase your Terror Radius.

• Friendly_Blendette

Fun fact whenever you try to use tricksters power (remember you have to be in this for 8 knives just to injured and that isnt including if rng cucks you so your knives go to brazil instead) you are slower than nurse. Survivors can outrun you. At least with huntress and doc etc you might be slowdown but you dont have to remain that slow for an extended period of time. Trickster has to be slower than nurse for a decent while.

• Friendly_Blendette

I hate to break it t ya but tricksters recoil makes it so its 90% luck where the knife goes. It is not at all fixed even in the slightest and is extremely horozontal. Getting caught with no cover is a death sentence against literally every killer especially ranged ones.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

Trickster seems very, very reliant on the map. Anything indoors with quick corners seems like it's going to get a 1k/2k while in the more open maps you can have a pallet drop, get a few hits and then make a few more in the open race before the next loop. Still not great but better than getting stuck in the Game or Institute.

In all fairness, I don't have him but I have played several rounds against him and indoors I was literally never worried I was going to get downed by the ranged attacks.

• xxshyguyxx
    xxshyguyxx Member Posts: 312

The time it takes to land 6 to 8 knives at loops or objects against a decent survivor is horrendous. That's what I'm seeing. I have been playing him nonstop and the biggest issue I run into is landing enough knives at loops fast enough to make him viable.

All my games end super fast and gens fly bc It takes so long to loop play with his ability if the survivor is hugging the loop and ducking often.

Yeah I can quit chase and move on but most survivors use the same counterplay strat. Hug walls, hug loops, duck often drop pallet gain distance.

I can manage to get a down or two if I tunnel but it's always at the expense of 2 to 3 gens each game. It's just not a viable power. To slow, to weak, to much effort to injure with knives if they are not out in the open which is most of the time.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited March 2021

Yeah, but I rarely used the knives. :) Remember, I said I play Spooky Myers. Thus I'm chasing people at 105% with my kitchen knife. His baseball-blade at 110% felt quite quick to me. I was braining people with the basic attack FIRST. Most people start with the knives, lead with them and rely on them. I didn't rely on the knives. I ran:

Play With Your Food, Star Struck, Agitation, and Nurses Calling *Mostly... I tried several other variations.

*Just like with Myers I would use PWYF to token up with normal chases so that I was at 125% speed before I'd brain them with the bat. If I could catch them again with the Bat I'd put the target down and often slug to make sure I got some people in my Terror Radius and then pick up and Insta-Down. I used the knives more often than not to create Generator Pressure and drive people off Gens without having to get close. They don't know if I'm coming or not. They just assume it because I'm throwing things at them.

To me Trickster is a weird mind gaming M1 Killer who uses the knives to disrupt and create havoc, not put people down. I consider the extended chases required to do that pointless. If you get someone now and then because you catch them in the right terrain to whack them with the bat and then spray them down... great. But that isn't something I'm relying on. The knives are my bird-dog, to get people out of where I don't want them... jungle gyms with bouncing blades... off Generators... and so on. I would sometimes flush people out just by suddenly sending knives into an area that looked suspect to me and damn if they didn't go running. They assumed I'd found them, and thanks to that I did. The knives are NOT effective weapons. I use them for mind games and flushing out prey.

I found it very effective. BUT I have to stress in the face of so many unhappy people (with the Trickster) that I specialize in a SLOW Killer normally that uses mind games and ambushes and intercepts as his primary style. I treated Trickster very much like a Spooky Myers who gives up a zero Terror Radius in exchange for the ability distress and grief Survivors and ideally flush them out into the open. It worked for me. But it was also boring. I already play Myers and like him MUCH better. :) Thus I just want Trickster's Perks.

Do I think he will get some changes? Oh, almost certainly. To make the Trickster work you have to play like a crazy mind gaming Stealth Killer when most people don't do that. They will end up having to change him quite a bit so he conforms to how the majority play.

• Friendly_Blendette

Spooky myers is one of my favourite killers to the point I sometimes play him without a map offering or some weird map offering to other maps but trickster doesnt remind me of him at all. there is no mindgame and the knives do so little that I was in a hatch standoff I close hatch I seem them on the door Im not that close so I think "hey why don't I use my ranged power at a range to stop them from opening the game" they got the gate open with the only thing being they got injured. Even clown can stop a survivor near them opening an exit gate. His whole using the knives to zone people completely falls appart when the survivors realise you cant zone them cause they will be barely effected and it will go away in 5 seconds. If you are just using him to zone people then you might aswell play bang bang man, triangular prisium cranium, sick or hatchet woman since they do a much better job at it.

• johnathonmo11
    johnathonmo11 Member Posts: 22

His counterplay is similar to huntress the only difference is that distance hurts him as well as high walls you just don't want to be caught out in the open or in corridors with him otherwise he can get an injure with his knives pretty easily

• Somna
    Somna Member Posts: 130

Giving it some thought, I think we went down fast from the blades because of Main Event. There's no way his normal throws could fill up laceration that quickly. Also, with someone like Huntress, as a survivor, you still have a decent chance to dodge the hatchets even if you are caught out in the open. If Main Event is running, you are very screwed.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    edited April 2021

Personally I don't care if they release strong or weak killers as long as it's not every chapter. However (keep in mind I'm a console player so Blight's not good), when the last 3 killers aren't good and you have to sweat your [bad word] off to make them viable, it does make you crave the better killers and WANT bhvr to give us something strong.

Edit: Blight you don't have to sweat as hard for him to be viable, but he's still not good on console.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

He has m1 potential, but his power needs a lot of work. Main event needs reworking, he's too slow in getting a shot off (cant throw quick enough after survivor drops pallet) and his recoil is shocking.

Monitor and Starstruck work well though

• Freki

you make a fair point and i'm not discounting that, my comment that i'm a challenge me kind of player means as a survivor I want to be challenged, not that I want easy road. :) I won't disagree with you on your points because as I've said before and to others you are making valid points.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

You make a valid point (as you said). I just mean on both sides I don't to see just newly released weak killers or strong killers. I want to see both for playing both sides.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

He is pretty awful. Playing as him is very frustrating. With that said, however, he can still 4k solo lobbies pretty easily with a decent build.

As long as your lobbies are poor teammates and poor loopers youll do fine.

I would never play as him but his perks are tempting to unlock.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

So, I have found that using a stream of knives to the side of a Survivor often makes them go the other way, so one thing Trickster can do is steer his victim around a little bit.

That said, opening with knives is actually not a bad thing to do, because Trickster does not get a slowdown from injuring people that way. It lets him close the gab on the second injury via bat-to-head very quickly. He can still use his special magic ability: KNIVES, to herd his victim away from areas that would make him lose them, though it's honestly only a matter of time until Survivors learn to sum up whether or not taking a few stabs from afar is worth being corralled into a deadzone.

• Friendly_Blendette

he does get slowed down though??? He is slower than nurse when he throws knives lol.

• Friendly_Blendette
  • SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Low terror radius made lower with monitor, yes he is capable at low to perhaps midranks if you can mind game and punish mistakes.

• Friendly_Blendette

if you want a super low TR with monitor at that point just play slinger or myers

• Florin
    Florin Member Posts: 65

He is the worst killer in game, he is the only killer I lose every single time and I don't even get a good amount of bloodpoints, and also I am getting gen rush so hard with him. I used to play only weak killers with random perks and I was winning and with him it's impossible. I get like 15k bp every game.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I hate to break it to ya, but did you know that 97.8% of people using percentages in casual conversations just make the numbers up they use?

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    edited April 2021

I like him the problem is HE IS TOO WEAK

I want to play him but I can't because it's so miserable.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

scratched mirror myers feels faster than trickster lol